openHAB 3.1 Release discussion

Hello Ross,
I’m not sure what you mean about an item changing ‘type’ since last recorded but I doubt that because I would have created the backup file only 5 mins before doing the restore into the new OH version. Also, I never had OH1 and I have rebuilt the system from scratch a few times during ver OH2.x.x so there’s unlikely to be any rubbish in the MapDB.
Surely there can’t be major code differences between 3.1.0-M4 and the final Release 3.1.0… how can a final release be WORSE than the preceding later Milestone versions???
I’m going to have to stay with M4 until a clear definitive diagnosis and cure is recommended by the user community. Thanks for your thoughts anyway.

Sounds like you need to ask for your money back, really. How dare they not give you an immediate definitive diagnosis.
Let us know if you ever want to look into it further.

1 Like

Dear Bernhard, I have the same problem as you are describing with the icons. Another user also described that issue here:

I’ve recorded a GIF to show the issue. It always happens when I’m navigating to another page. And it happens since I’ve updated to OH3.1.
After a refresh the images appear again.

missing_images_after_navigate_to_page

Anyone an idea, why this happens?

:rofl: :joy: you’re hilarious Ross… seriously though, sounds like you’ve misinterpreted my reply and have taken umbrage at me expressing a modicum of frustration that a release version might disappoint. I am always polite and very appreciative of help from the community members and do try to contribute to the forum also with solutions.
Courtesy costs nothing…

Thank you @Integer Mike for your quick reply. In my case refresh does not help.
Your reply motivated me to deeper analyze the behavior.
When I open the overview page (default start page without “/page/…” in the URL) the icons are displayed even after I do a refresh (I first thought that they show up because they are stored in the cache).

If I open the same overview page or any other page from the sidebar (with “/page/…” in the URL) the icons are not displayed

Within popup pages the icons are not displayed

when I do a refresh on a popup page I get an error message

The problem seems to be related to the OH build-in webserver (URL, timeout, …?)

F7 icons work fine, only icons stored on the OH build-in webserver do not show up (icons stored in the folder /etc/openhab/html/icons … SMB share: \\openhab\openHAB-conf\html\icons ).

1 Like

I get a similar problem, when I am using the openHAB App (Android) and try to rotate the tablet cross or upwards.
The error occurs only, if u open a widget like in this case “Wohnzimmer” from the overview page.
When the overview page is displayed solo, the rotation works fine.
20210715_121505
Tried to record my tablet screen, hope it is bearable.

Exactly that was the thread I remembered but couldn’t find (@NCO for your reference) . AFAIK the startup levels cannot be used in rules but only in the UI though. Therefore the “started” trigger still fires quite early when not all items are loaded. So in my example this leads to logInfo() not being available during startup.

Now that I am thinking of it I probably should use virtual startup-items that get triggered by UI rules which have a proper startup-level trigger to avoid the issues.

I’m getting the same error
‘’’
org.graalvm.polyglot.PolyglotException: Error: Invalid CommonJS root folder: /etc/openhab/automation/lib/javascript/personal
‘’’
unfortunately for me I can’t get past it, have tried everything I can think of.I’m doing scripts from within the rule not file level.
running on 3.1.0

Well, who knew, for me this was the fix:
was using the Oracle jdk 11, switched to Zulu jdk 11, no dice
Switch to openjdk 11.0.11 2021-04-20, back in business!

After upgrading from 3.02 to 3.1 I got problems with IHC (not working).
There is a new select option for “TLS version” and I suspect this is where the problem is. I get the following error:
COMMUNICATION_ERROR

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host terminated the handshake
I have seen comments on the net suggesting changing java configuration, but I am running Openhab3 in a docker on Synology, så this is not an option.
Anny sugestions? Thanks in advance.

I found the root cause of the problem that the images or icons used in oh-image within a widget have no longer been displayed since the upgrade from OH3.0 to OH 3.1

with OH3.0 I used the following code within the widget to display a icon from folder /etc/openhab/html/icons

- component: oh-image
      config:
        url: ='static/icons/' + props.iconimage + '.png'

with OH3.1 you have to define the full path of the url instead

config:
        url: ='http://openhab:8080/static/icons/' + props.iconimage + '.png'

I don’t know if this change in behavior has been done intentional (a new feature) or by accident (a bug)
Anyway now you and I know how to live with it. If you use my posted widgets you have to adjust the YAML code of these widgets whenever “oh-image” is used.

1 Like

No you can simply use a server-relative URL i.e. add a slash prefix:

config:
        url: ='/static/icons/' + props.iconimage + '.png'
3 Likes

Thank you @ysc Yannick for the clarification. I copied the “url: line” from a posted widget into my custom widget and it worked in OH 3.0 without leading slash - I don’t know why. After the upgrade to OH 3.1 my widget no longer worked and I tried to fix the problem.
I now verified the documentation and other widget examples … the relative addressing of a url: always started with slash as you said. So it was my fault and not a OH change. OH3.0 tolerated my wrong relative url: OH3.1 does not.

Thanks @ysc for this little hint.
@BG56 I have updated my widget code in the original post.

1 Like

Hi All,
My apologies, i am new here.
Trying to find relevant place to report two issues i had
1 issue and 2 is a very minor bug, may not be worthy to fix, just in case - I am running 310 on Synology in Docker. Was playing with API explorer and seem like have came across some issue with swagger.

1. I used Settings - Pages - Created SiteMap. When i go to BasicUI - get message that there is no any site map defined - use documentation to create one. My problem here that the sitemap i just created does not display.
  2. When i query things for example - response has two options - copy and download.
    So, download does not work - (attached) response i get:
    Sorry,
    Requested content not found.
![Capture2|690x256](upload://4nYLR5ZLnQFNUXly3lDqpMmfSRq.jpeg)

I have the same problem, did you manage to solve it?

Hey, I had the same problem when upgrading from OpenHAB 2.5 to 3.1 on a raspberry Pi 3 running OepnHABian and for me it turned out to be that the Kernel modules in /lib/modules/ were for kernel version 5.10.52 but I was still running kernel 5.4.7+

This mean that the cdc_acm module/driver wasnt loading so the Aeotec Z-Wave stick wasn’t seen by anything other than doing an lsusb.

I fixed it (well, my experienced linux sys admin friend did) by downloading the latest OpenHABian image then copying over the entire contents /boot using rsync with the --delete option so it removed all the existing files. After that we ran an rpi-update then rebooted. After that it worked and my Z-Wave stick was found and showed up as online in OpenHAB.

After we did this my friend said there might have been a quicker way by just running:

apt install --reinstall raspberrypi-bootloader raspberrypi-kernel

but that’s not what we actually ran.

It took a couple of hours to work out what was going on here and looking at lots of other posts about the Aeotec Z-Wave stick not working so I hope this helps people!

2 Likes

Kind of, I installed the mqtt binding and switched to using zigbee2mqtt. Seems to be working well with openhab and as a bonus my radiator valves are now working that I could not get to pair with the ZigBee binding.

Hope you get it working.

A post was split to a new topic: Openhabian-config empty

thanks, i´m trying it.