Openhab 3.2.0 Release Build stops running every day

My OpenHAB 3.2.0 is running on OS Linux Mint Mate 20.3. I have migrated to OpenHAB 3.2.0 a couple of weeks ago. I started with a fresh install. Before I ran OpenHAB 2.5. That version didn’t give any problems. Since I use Openhab 3.2.0 I have problems. OpenHAB 3.2.0 runs fine untill it stops. Every day the program stop running, not at the same time.
Persistance is set for rrd4j. In openhab.log I see the following faillures:

2022-03-01 17:33:42.062 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file ‘/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/L1.rrd’: /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/L1.rrd: Te veel open bestanden
2022-03-01 17:33:42.063 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file ‘/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/L2.rrd’: /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/L2.rrd: Te veel open bestanden
2022-03-01 17:33:42.241 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file ‘/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/L3.rrd’: /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/L3.rrd: Te veel open bestanden
2022-03-01 17:33:42.241 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file ‘/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/L2_kW.rrd’: /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/L2_kW.rrd: Te veel open bestanden
*2022-03-01 17:33:42.589 [WARN ] [lipse.jetty.server.AbstractConnector] - *
java.io.IOException: Te veel open bestanden

• at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept0(Native Method) ~[?:?]*
  • at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:533) ~[?:?]*
  • at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:285) ~[?:?]*
  • at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.accept(ServerConnector.java:388) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]*
  • at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractConnector$Acceptor.run(AbstractConnector.java:702) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]*
  • at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:883) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]*
  • at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:1034) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]*
  • at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]*
    2022-03-01 17:33:43.064 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file ‘/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/L2.rrd’: /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/L2.rrd: Te veel open bestanden
    *2022-03-01 17:33:43.097 [ERROR] [ache.karaf.main.ShutdownSocketThread] - Karaf shutdown socket: accept: *
    java.net.SocketException: Te veel open bestanden (Accept failed)
  • at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method) ~[?:?]*
  • at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.accept(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:474) ~[?:?]*
  • at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:576) ~[?:?]*
  • at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:539) ~[?:?]*
  • at org.apache.karaf.main.ShutdownSocketThread.run(ShutdownSocketThread.java:66) [org.apache.karaf.main-4.3.4.jar:4.3.4]*

BTW Te veel open bestanden means Too much open files

I have already increased in Linux the number of open files for JAVA and the different users. That didn’t solve the problem. At the community I can not find any solution for Linux for this problem. I have already done at least three new installs. These installs didn’t solve the problem.
Any ideas what is wrong or should be changed?

Thanks for any help.

There could be a few causes:

1. openHAB doesn’t have permission on the file system where rrd4j is writing
  2. the file system where openHAB is writing is full
  3. I’ve seen errors when a Group’s state is configured to be saved and the state changes too fast. The state changes before the last state was saved resulting in rrd4j trying to write to a file it’s already writing to.

Rich,

thanks for the quick response and the information.
In response to your pointed out probabilities.

1. The permissions for the L.rdd are: -rw-r–r-- 1 openhab openhab 755692 mrt 2 08:36 L1.rrd. I can analyze L1 until the last time of writing, excluded the gaps when OH stops. So to me this should be no issue
  2. At the hard disk there is 73,1 GB not in use.So that seems to me no issue.
  3. This one is the most likely one.
    Its the smart meter which send sens every second a message in two parts. It isn’t possible to manage this frequency of sending messages.
    So I have to resolve this at the openHAB site. I tried to configure this via the /etc/openhab/persistence/rrd4j.persist. I didn’t suceed in this. It was my intension to save the infomation provided by the smart met meter every 5 minutes. But I tried this I couln analyze my items no longer. I didn’t figure out what went or I did wrong. I will give this a new try. This was my rrd4j.persist file:

/

/ persistence strategies have a name and definition and are referred to in the "Items" section
Strategies {
        everyHour : "0 0 * * * ?"
        everyDay  : "0 0 0 * * ?"
        every5Minutes : "0 5 0 * * ?"
        every15Minutes : "0 15 0 * * ?"

// if no strategy is specified for an Item entry below, the default list will be used
        //---default = everyChange
        }

/*
 * Each line in this section defines for which Item(s) which strategy(ies) should be applied.
 * You can list single items, use "*" for all items or "groupitem*" for all members of a group
 * Item (excl. the group Item itself).
 */
Items {
        // persist the Item state of Heating_Mode and Notifications_Active on every change and restore th>
        // Heating_Mode, Notifications_Active: strategy = everyChange, restoreOnStartup, GenericMQTTThing
        //--- P1_T2, P1_T1, P2_T2, P2_T1, P1_GAS: strategy = every5Minutes, restoreOnStartup
        P1_T1: strategy = every5Minutes, restoreOnStartup
        //additionally, persist all temperature and weather values every hour
        //Temperature*, Weather* : strategy = everyHour

}

I tried only for P1_T1.

Any suggestions what I did wrong?

Did you consider using the DSMR Binding for reading the smart meter? It actually allows you to set the update frequency you want openHAB to update the data independent of the frequency with which the smart meter sends the data

@hilbrand
Yes I did. The problem is however that this binding, as far as I know, only works via the USB port. I have a P1 module that sends via Wifi and transmits the message to MQTT. So it seems that the binding is no option for me.

That’s because rrd4j requires a certain frequency of saving. It used to be once a minute but I think it might be every 20 seconds now. Regardless, unless you mess with the database settings, if you try to do less frequently than that the data simply cannot be used.

But it’s not the “everyXMinues” that’s the problem. It’s probably every change or every update that would be the problem.

If every update and/or every change should be the problem, is there then a possibility to stop these ones and only rely on “everyXMinutes”. I thought, that by defining “everyXMinutes” it was possible to prevent updating by every change or every update. Obviously this is not the case or am I wrong?

No, you are correct. But by default it will save everyChange in addition to every minute. If you specify an entry for that Item, it overrides the default. But you tried to use every5minutes which renders the saved data unusable. You need to try everyMinute.

It doesn’t support mqtt indeed, although might be interesting to add. Only would mean to lock into some specific format the data is transfered in.

Looking at the espthing it seems the node mode sends raw data over telnet. The binding supports reading serial data over the netwerk (ser2net). In that case the connection must be configured as rfc2217://<ip>:<port>. It might be this node mode might work with the DSMR binding. But it’s a guess.

@Hilbrand,
I think it is possible to send you a copy of the output of the ESPthing. I flashed it with the latest tasmota standard version. So if you would receive a copy out the output, please let me know. It is really straight forward. The standard DSMR code with a value.

@Hilbrand,
Can help me with the config of ser2net. I have installed this, but it is not clear to me how to config this software and how to config the binding in OH.

@Rich,
I have followed your suggestion. I have made a rrd4j.persist file with a strategy every1Minute for several items. It is running now for a couple of hours. May be tomorrow I will see if this is the solution.
Keep you informed.

I’m not expert on ser2net. But there is another topic that seems to contain all relevant information: DSMR bridge stuck at UNKNOW ser2net

Thanks for the info. Gives a lot of information, but unfortunate not over the settings in tasmota.

It seems, that TCP_BRIDGE needs to be part of the tasmota package. This is not a standard in the pre build tasmota packages. As I’m also not an expert on tasmota, this is for me a problem. It would be great if the binding dsmr bridge would be extended, in a way, that this problem would be covered in that binding. I’m available for testing.

Rich, Thanks for the help so far.
I have updated the rrd4j.persist as follows:

// persistence strategies have a name and definition and are referred to in the "Items" section
Strategies {
        everyHour : "0 0 * * * ?"
        everyDay : "0 0 0 * * ?"
        every1Minute : "0 1 0 * * ?"
        every5Minutes : "0 5 0 * * ?"
        every15Minutes : "0 15 0 * * ?"
        // default = everyChange

// if no strategy is specified for an Item entry below, the default list will be used
        //---default = everyChange
        }

/*
 * Each line in this section defines for which Item(s) which strategy(ies) should be applied.
 * You can list single items, use "*" for all items or "groupitem*" for all members of a group
 * Item (excl. the group Item itself).
 */
Items {
        // persist the Item state of Heating_Mode and Notifications_Active on every change and restore them from the db>
        // Heating_Mode, Notifications_Active: strategy = everyChange, restoreOnStartup, GenericMQTTThing 
        //--- P1_T2, P1_T1, P2_T2, P2_T1, P1_GAS: strategy = every5Minutes, restoreOnStartup
        P1*, L* : strategy = everyChange, every1Minute, restoreOnStartup
        //additionally, persist all temperature and weather values every hour
        //Temperature*, Weather* : strategy = everyHour

}

I have also setup the log level for persistence to DEBUG with *log:set DEBUG org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j* 

With the persistence file loaded no data is written to rrd files for the items mentioned in de .persist file. The log file openhab.log says that thet rrd4j.persist is loaded, without mentioning any error. So also no analyze is possible. If I don’t use the persist file, I can see that the data is written to the rrd files for the items mentioned. So for me is now the question:
What did I do wrong?
OR
Is something wrong with the System?

Any ideas about this?

There are no Items mentioned your persist file. Thre are two Groups mentioned, named “P1” and “L”, and only members of those groups will be persisted.

Two things you may have misunderstood -
Use of “*” in persist file - it is not a wildcard.
Having a persist file existing kills all default strategies for all other Items - it is instead of, not as well as default strategy.

I have another system running openhab3. They are complete identical. Only I’ve removed the Smart meter readings and all other sensors/items using MQTT. Also this systems stop running every day. I’ve used clean-cache and restarted the linux system and of course openhab3. I’ve stopped Mosquitto from running. Below part of the log file. The things, items, rules, scripts are from the backup of the described in the first part above.
The logfile from the system mentioned in this part.

2022-03-15 01:52:00.892 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_Current_Cloudiness.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_Current_Cloudiness.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.894 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_ForecastHours06_Visibility.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_ForecastHours06_Visibility.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.895 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/SolarEdge_Aggregate_Day_Production.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/SolarEdge_Aggregate_Day_Production.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.895 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Woonkamerdressoir_Status.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Woonkamerdressoir_Status.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.896 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Eetkamerstaandelamp_Status.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Eetkamerstaandelamp_Status.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.897 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_Current_Visibility.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_Current_Visibility.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.897 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_ForecastHours06_Cloudiness.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_ForecastHours06_Cloudiness.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.898 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/SolarEdge_Live_Production.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/SolarEdge_Live_Production.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.899 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_Current_Rain.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_Current_Rain.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.899 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_ForecastHours06_Rain.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_ForecastHours06_Rain.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.900 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/LokaleUVIndex_UVIndex.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/LokaleUVIndex_UVIndex.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.901 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_ForecastHours06_Precipprobability.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_ForecastHours06_Precipprobability.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.901 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Woonkamerstaandelamplinsvoor_Status.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Woonkamerstaandelamplinsvoor_Status.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.902 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_Current_Humidity.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_Current_Humidity.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.902 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Woonkamerstaandelamprechtsvoor_Status.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Woonkamerstaandelamprechtsvoor_Status.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.902 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Dummy_On_Hold.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Dummy_On_Hold.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.903 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_ForecastHours06_Windspeed.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_ForecastHours06_Windspeed.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.903 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Studeerkamertest_Status.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Studeerkamertest_Status.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.904 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_Current_Windspeed.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_Current_Windspeed.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.905 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Logeerkamer_staande_lamp.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Logeerkamer_staande_lamp.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.905 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/gLampen.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/gLampen.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.905 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/SonoFF1SensorSwitch_state.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/SonoFF1SensorSwitch_state.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.906 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_ForecastHours06_Temperature.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_ForecastHours06_Temperature.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.906 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/gPlugwise.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/gPlugwise.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.907 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_Current_Winddirection.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_Current_Winddirection.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.907 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Woonkamerhanglamp_Status.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Woonkamerhanglamp_Status.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.908 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_ForecastHours06_Humidity.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_ForecastHours06_Humidity.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.908 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/SonoFF2SwitchSensor_state.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/SonoFF2SwitchSensor_state.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.909 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_ForecastHours06_Winddirection.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_ForecastHours06_Winddirection.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.909 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Halfotokast_Status.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Halfotokast_Status.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.910 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_Current_Temperature.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/OneCallAPIweatherandforecast_Current_Temperature.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.910 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/gAccu.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/gAccu.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:00.910 [ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/SolarEdge_Aggregate_Month_Production.rrd': /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/SolarEdge_Aggregate_Month_Production.rrd: Te veel open bestanden

2022-03-15 01:52:59.666 [ERROR] [re.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Error writing JsonDB to /var/lib/openhab/jsondb/org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json. Cause /var/lib/openhab/jsondb/org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json (Te veel open bestanden).

2022-03-15 01:52:59.668 [ERROR] [re.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Error writing JsonDB to /var/lib/openhab/jsondb/backup/1647305579667--org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json. Cause /var/lib/openhab/jsondb/backup/1647305579667--org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json (Te veel open bestanden).

So it looks like there are failures in the first system and removing the all the things, items using MQTT didn’t solve the problem. It looks like there is only one way to go left… That is rebuild the system manually. Or are there any other suggestions?

Rossko57,
Thanks for this info. It solves my misunderstanding of using *. In the meantime I got rdd4j.persist working with a reading every5Minutes for the items of the Smart Meter and the Temperature items. Unfortunately this didn’t solve the problem of halting openHAB 3 every day. See my previous reply. So I think there must be something wrong in any of jsondb files. But which one is for me not clear at this moment.

No, I wouldn’t expect it to.
“Too many open files” is some kind of filestore problem. Something is using up file hooks, and rrd4j (being something that regularly opens and closes files) is the first to notice and report.
Have you any custom scripts running, or rules messing with file access/creation?