openHAB 3.2 Milestone discussion

How come I seem to be the only one experiencing this issue? So I’m stuck on 3.2M1 because of this. Surely this would be a show stopper for a 3.2 release? How can I troubleshoot this?

1 Like

Not everyone using the “cutting edge” releases still uses “legacy” files-based rules.

Anything funny about your file names? People have had trouble with e.g. heating.control.rules style naming before.

test.rb (jruby) and test.py (jython).

I seem to be having the same issue as @JimT , but I found some more detailed logs that I put at https://github.com/openhab/openhab-core/issues/2537

I cannot add a post to subforums in Add-On Marketplace. Adding a predefined tag is not possible but required to save a post in that forum. Could somebody please check?

Hi, sorry if this seems dumb …

I’m currently on 3.1 running on raspbian, and apparently in order to do this I need the ‘Marketplace’ that is only available in 3.2.

So I need to update.

I’ve just stopped the openhab service with:

sudo systemctl stop openhab.service

I’ve also done sudo apt-get update and upgrade … is there anything more that I need to do to get to 3.2, or should I be good to go now?

*FTR … I’ve searched the forum for `in:title “3.1” “3.2” and there were only two results. Neither seemed relevant. Using only “3.2” just gave a load of results that I couldn’t immediately see a relevant one.

I looked at the documentation, and there was nothing I could see to indicate how to update from 3.1 or if it was automated.

Any other things I found on more general searches and StartPages were just for normal installation. I’d assuming that with the move to 3 that openhab would have something in the new admin control panel to initiate an update … but I couldn’t find that.*

You need to change your apt sources from stable to testing.

Excellent.

Where’s the switch for that? :sweat_smile:

Would you please read the packet installation docs.
It is all in there.

I’ve mentioned before … They are particularly awful to understand.

anyway

I’m currently looking at the “apt-based-systems” part.

I’m assuming that I can’t do this:

sudo apt-get install openhab=3.2

… until I’ve done this:

echo 'deb https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/openhab-linuxpkg testing main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openhab.list

Is that second one the thing you were talking about before? The testing version?

If so, will that mess up anything with the existing 3.1 install? Like, will it update/upgrade properly?

You already have installed openHAB, therefore just edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openhab.list and replace stable with testing.
After having done, just issue the following commands

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

openHAB 3.2 Milestone 3 should now be installed.

Who knows ??? It should upgrade your system without any issue.

1 Like

Lovely, cheers, @hmerk . :+1:

Oh, and I wasn’t talking about all the other crap on the system, only openhab. But I guess I’ll find out, as I need that marketplace to run decent time of day stuffs.

Thanks again! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve moved the old openhab-2 one out … Is the openhab-linuxpkg.list needed? Or should I delete/backup that, too?

Looking at the installation docs, that is the one that’s mentioned. So maybe I should leave that there as stable … yeah … I’ll do that for now.

:+1:

Just to be clear, that linked tutorial is for if you want to write rule templates. It does not help you write rules and it really just barely addresses installation and use of a template from the user’s perspective. Thankfully that part is pretty straight forward. Just install the template in Settings → Automation, add a rule and choose the template, then fill out the parameters.

Never mind, I thought that was a different tutorial linked to.

1 Like

Good morning.
Ist the Web Socket closed failure of the amazon echo binding fixed with Milestone 4. Cannot find it in the Release.
Greetings,
Markus

No, it is not. You still need the Smarthome/J version of the binding.

1 Like

Did the upgrade last night the result was:

Working directly after the upgrade.
Dropped a jar into the addons folder and then had every single thing from all bindings report that the handlers were missing, this was not caused by a bad jar.
Did a restart of just openHAB and all handlers were working again.

After running it for 12 hours I am happy all is working well.

1 Like

With M3 I had the smarthomej-transformation-basicprofiles installed. Obviously this has been removed from the marketplace.

As it hasn’t been found after the upgrade to M4, the first start was stuck until I made a restart of the openhab service. The next start was without that error. Nevertheless openHAB restarted several times automatically before it was running stable.

I would expect to get an error, not just an info and that the start is ongoing afterwards.

2021-11-08 18:16:15.566 [INFO ] [.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler] - Started HttpServiceContext{httpContext=org.ops4j.pax.web.extender.whiteboard.internal.WebApplication$1@2514cd2b}
2021-11-08 18:16:15.711 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] -   org.openhab.core.io.rest.sse/3.2.0.M4
2021-11-08 18:16:16.661 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] -   org.openhab.core.model.rule/3.2.0.M4
2021-11-08 18:16:16.738 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] -   org.openhab.core.model.script.ide/3.2.0.M4
2021-11-08 18:16:16.751 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] -   org.openhab.core.addon.marketplace.karaf/3.2.0.M4
2021-11-08 18:16:16.796 [INFO ] [community.CommunityKarafAddonHandler] - Reinstalling missing marketplace KAR: marketplace:127317
2021-11-08 18:16:16.923 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] - Adding features: smarthomej-transformation-basicprofiles/[3.2.6,3.2.6]
2021-11-08 18:39:17.003 [INFO ] [ache.karaf.main.ShutdownSocketThread] - Karaf shutdown socket: received shutdown command. Stopping framework...
2021-11-08 18:39:17.042 [INFO ] [org.openhab.ui.internal.UIService   ] - Stopped UI

Hi

I have been playing with openhabian OH 3.2 M4

The standard oh:icons are not appearing, user icons in \OPENHABIAN\openHAB-conf\icons\classic folder appear as do the f7:icons.
I set the icon in ui item metadata page.

Where do i find this Smarthome/J version?

1 Like