openHAB 3.3 Release discussion

Not that I know of. If I remember correctly, I did a fresh install of 3.2 to get rid of another problem with frequent disconnects (unfortunately not successfully :confused:), restored my userdata via duplicati, and then some weeks later did the update.

Looks ok to me:

Replacing userdata system files with newer versions...
Clearing cache...
Performing post-update tasks for version 3.3.0:
  Deleting File: /openhab/userdata/config/org/openhab/mqttbroker.config
SUCCESS: openHAB updated from 3.2.0 to 3.3.0

All I can say is if it ever happens again, we’ll need to see the permissions on those files. File permissions all based on user and group and a “Permission Denied” error means the user openHAB is running under does not have permission to write (in this case) to that file nor permission to create files in those folders.

Given the complexity added by containers it’s easy to get this messed up. Beyond that, all I can do is repeat that the upgrade script already does clear the cache.

Thanks.

In case this comes up again I’ll report back.

I am having the same problem…and dealing with some life circumstances making it hard to troubleshoot. The things that do not initialize correctly are WLED and Hue Motion Sensors… I guess I’ll try to delete and re-add, but no amount of clean reboots and clearing cache seemed to help… and not sure where to look…

{
“systemInfo”: {
“configFolder”: “/etc/openhab”,
“userdataFolder”: “/var/lib/openhab”,
“logFolder”: “/var/log/openhab”,
“javaVersion”: “11.0.13”,
“javaVendor”: “Azul Systems, Inc.”,
“javaVendorVersion”: “Zulu11.52+13-CA”,
“osName”: “Linux”,
“osVersion”: “5.10.103-v7l+”,
“osArchitecture”: “arm”,
“availableProcessors”: 4,
“freeMemory”: 70032264,
“totalMemory”: 259522560,
“startLevel”: 70
}
}

and the hue sensor reports this:

HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING 
{ledindication=The data type of the value (class java.math.BigDecimal) does not match with the type declaration (BOOLEAN) in the configuration description.}

A least for this the answer could be found in this thread by searching for “ledindication”. Likely you have a number like “0” that used to work, but now needs to be “false” or “true”. That is what the message says. “BigDecimal” is not “Boolean”. Details above.

1 Like

Scroll to the very bottom of the release notes, there is a title called " Breaking Changes that Require Manual Interaction after the Upgrade"

Release openHAB 3.3.0 · openhab/openhab-distro (github.com)

Also a thread about the changes here for WLED

WLED Binding: New bridge / thing version with global controls - Add-on Marketplace / Bundles - openHAB Community

1 Like

Hi,
I upgraded from 3.2.0 to 3.3.0.
I reinstalled the netatmo binding, and reconfigured it.
The Rain gauge and weather station are working fine.
But I cannot configure a bridge for the Netatmo relay plug. The field for the bridge in the ui is empty.
What am I missing ?

thanks in advance
Willy

Isn’t this a drop down? (i.e. click on it to see…)

Yes but it is empty…

The release notes mention a breaking change for netatmo binding and what to do.

I did read the release notes, and removed netatmo binding, then installed the new one, and reconfigured it.
Weater, outdoor and rain are working, but the Thermostat (aka plug, room, valve) is not.
In the Relay plug i cannot select a bridge. I would expect that this is the Netatmo account ?

You probably needs first a Home thing.

What if you do not own a NAhome device ?

Another question: is it normal that after a restart of openhab you need to re-authenthicate your netatmo account ?

Thanks in advance
Willy

Not needed if setup was done properly.

In the Netatmo app, are all your energy devices not attached to a home?
I believe it should (even if I can’t test myself) , the same as for security stuff.

Try to discover in UI, this will show all the things and their hierarchy.

Ok this did it, got confused with the naming…
Thanks a lot

I followed the procedure, the Netatmo account comes online after a disble/enable.
But in the log I get the following :
“Error gettting Home informations : Rest call failed: statusCode=INVALID_TOKEN_MISSING, message=Invalid access token”
In the gui from dev/netatmo I saw all rights enabled, so what am I missing ?

Thanks a lot

Read the chapter “Configure the bridge” In the documentation.

The Netatmo API allows dimming the light intensity of the Presence cameras.
Could this also be enabled in the binding?

Hi,

with the existing account (the one from openhab 3.2.0) it gives the error.
When I create a new app on dev.netatmo.com and use this one. It works like a charm.
So I will keep this config.
Thanks a lot