openHAB 3.4 Milestone discussion

Sorry, I misunderstood that from the docs. I read that as a server setting and then that you have to make sure the browser settings are enabled as well.

After turning on on my Android Browser it now works.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

EDIT: And with the setting enabled in the Android App it works there too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking at the files details, I see that barking.mp3 is a mono MP3 @ 64 kbps while doorbell.mp3 is a joint stereo MP3 @ 128 kbps.
So for doorbell, we have the most common bitrate, I can’t believe this can be the problem. Maybe an incompatibility of Firefox with joint stereo ???

Hi,

today I tried to update to 3.4.0 M1, but when restarting openHAB after the update I get the following error:

2-08-16 20:16:27.988 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-hue, 
openhab-binding-tr064, openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-binding-exec, openhab-binding-ftpupload, 
openhab-binding-avmfritz, openhab-binding-pushover, openhab-binding-network, openhab-ui-habpanel, 
openhab-binding-denonmarantz, openhab-binding-mqtt, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-binding-logreader, 
openhab-transformation-scale, openhab-binding-icalendar, openhab-binding-km200, openhab-binding-mail, 
openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-automation-jythonscripting, openhab-ui-basic, 
openhab-persistence-jdbc-postgresql, openhab-misc-homekit, openhab-binding-openweathermap, openhab-binding-http, 
openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-knx, openhab-binding-snmp': Error:
    Error downloading mvn:org.postgresql/postgresql/42.4.1

I tried restarting several times over the course of the day, so this does not seem to be a temporary glitch. After downgrading to 3.3.0 everything works as ecpected.

I am using an installation via apt on a Debian 11.

Hi,

I did some more research regarding the error above.

Ist is caused by the PostgreSQL JDBC persistence service. I tried to place the postgresql-42.4.1.jar in the /usr/share/openhab/addons folder and it is loaded, as the output of bundle:list shows:

100 │ Active │  80 │ 42.4.1                 │ PostgreSQL JDBC Driver

But I still get the error.

Probably I am missing something, but I can not figure out what it is…

Hi @juelicher,
I’ve just checked, this is due to the upgrade of the postgres driver in [jdbc] Update PostgreSQL JDBC driver to 42.4.1 by dependabot[bot] · Pull Request #13221 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub.
I have now uploaded the new jar to our remote repository, so that the Feature installer should no longer fail downloading it. I hope this solves the issue for you!

2 Likes

Hi @Kai ,

thanks for your help! I just tested it and the issue is resolved.

I am still not sure, why placing the jar file in the addons folder did not work, but I found an old threads describing the exact same problem. So this is not an issue with the current 3.4 Milestone release.

Hi, I upgraded from 3.3, after the upgrade all my “things” disappeared and stopped responding (items were in place).

I restored from backup, all “items” are working now, but the “things” screen is in constant loading state, any ideas?

What is in the logs?

2022-08-21 00:20:48.265 [ERROR] [rg.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils] - Problem with writing the data, class org.openhab.core.io.rest.Stream2JSONInputStream, ContentType: application/json
2022-08-21 00:20:48.581 [ERROR] [internal.JSONResponseExceptionMapper] - Unexpected exception occurred while processing REST request.

That‘s everything? Do you use the Homematic binding? There is a separate thread about that.

when I encounter that, it usually means the UI has logged you out…go to the main page…

With shelly Binding, there is no relay2 output for Shelly 2.5 Devices…

This is not a Milestone issue. Please delete the Thing and let it be rediscovered.

Looks like some libraries are not uploaded to the maven repository for 3.4M2:

Error downloading mvn:com.github.oshi/oshi-core/6.2.2
        Error downloading mvn:net.java.dev.jna/jna-platform/5.12.1
        Error downloading mvn:net.java.dev.jna/jna/5.12.1

Thanks @daniel_f, I have now added those libs to our Artifactory.

1 Like

Just updated to M2 today, and now on every restart I am seeing 40 or 50 “Added new thing ‘…’ to inbox.” messages in my log. And even if I mark the things as ignored, they still reappear in the next restart. The issue relates to all of my bindings so it is not a binding issue but rather a core issue.

Just updated to M2 on Windows 10 and once again (as I recall same happned on M1) my org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg file was blank, so no logging etc working.
Changed to:

org.ops4j.pax.logging.log4j2.config.file=${karaf.etc}/log4j2.xml

and back working.

Also had to follow the new steps to authorize Google Cloud TTS

I just tried M2 (using a docker container) and got the following error. It seems that the bindings cannot be installed with the new version. I went back to M1 and it worked fine.

2022-09-16 10:13:26.706 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-meteoalerte, openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-binding-exec, openhab-binding-deconz, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-network, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-linky, openhab-binding-shelly, openhab-binding-mqtt, openhab-binding-ipcamera, openhab-binding-systeminfo, openhab-transformation-scale, openhab-binding-upnpcontrol, openhab-binding-networkupstools, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-automation-groovyscripting, openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-binding-hpprinter, openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-misc-homekit, openhab-binding-openweathermap, openhab-binding-http, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-gpstracker, openhab-binding-sncf’: null

I installed M2 on a rpi4 without docker and it worked fine. Would it be due to the containerized version of OpenHAB M2 ?

Are you importing the addon files directly or having openhab download them? If you are not trying to load them by file, it probably is related to the jfrog issue. Check the thread for the file location if needed.

Thanks for the answer. I let openhab to download the bindings. The jfrog issue is the one mentioned here ? :

If yes, I just need to wait until it is solved.