openHAB 4.1 Release discussion

openHABian Configuration Tool — [openHAB]{2024-02-06T16:24:27+01:00}(a497e54) openHAB 4.0.1 - Release Build

Did you pin the version of OH to prevent it from being upgraded/updated by accident ?
Turn on the debug log of openhabian doing the update of OH should show problems in case there are any.

I didn’t know there was an option to pin versions, which means I may have done it by accident. Where is this selttng please

If you don’t know how to do that you ‘can’t’ do that by accident.
See If you want to stay with 3.4 use "apt-mark hold openhab" which describes two different ways doing it ( put a package on hold and pinning a version )

1 Like

what’s the output if you run these commands?

sudo apt update
apt list —upgradeable

better open a seperate thread for this problem

i’ll open a separate thread, thanks

I am running into the issue I posted here (Problem with rules ui screen not able to be displayed (unresponsive) with OH 4.1.1) every other day.

A restart with clean cache gets openHAB including the Rules UI Screen up an responsible again, but a few hours or days later (seems like it depends on the active usage with changes to config) the rules screen does stop repsong like here - I am using a Mac with chrome:

I believe/think I can nail it down to a “special point” where I receive messages “Thing configuration is not saved” even though it has been saved while changing or creating new modbus things. After I receive those message openHAB starts acting strange in the UI area. All automations in the background are still working as they are supposed to do but Rules can not be edited anymore because the UI does not respond any longer.

Any Ideas?

Have you tried another browser or restarted the browser. Sounds like a problem I’m getting regularly also, but it only affects the browser session.

Double checked on that.
In my case it is not same behaviour.

It is just the rules view in the UI, even if I change the browser or restart it or change the device, it will not go away. Openhab java job shows very high CPU and memory usage. After a restart it works again for some time

Hi .
Can someone please with windows machine test something for me. Because i think i have found a bug.

With a clean fresh openhab 4.1, i have follow the installation guide as on the docs about running openhab as service.
Everything i working like expected, but if you stop the service and then start it again and the same time trying to call (just click refresh) the UI before openhab is foul load you will get this screen

openhab its up and running but no access on the ui.
I can reproduce this all the time.
My problem is that if for some reason openhab make a restart (crash or something similar ) my wall tablet that its running the ui can trigger this call and then i don’t have access anymore on the UI.I have tested in 2 different windows machine with the same results.
Steps to reproduce

1. setup openhab on windows as service
  2. stop openhab service
  3. start openhab service
  4. immediately try to call http://localhost:8080/ (or your ip address) ,press refresh several times (keep refreshing the web site) until you get the above screen.

Thanks Nikos
p.s. sorry for the long post and also i dont know if its the correct threat.

On the latest Apple iOS / iPadOS (17.4) line charts from openHAB (I tested it with 4.1.0 and 4.1.1) are no longer displayed. Where would be the right place to document this? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Hey, I have the same effect… for me it is not working on Apple iOS / iPadOS (17.4)…

1 Like

Have you tried in the browser or in the iOS app?
Have you accessed openHAB over local or remote (openHAB Cloud) connection?

For me it nearly always works on iOS/iPadOS 17.4, but I am on the latest snapshot where I upgraded our charting library.
Charts for me sometimes do not work when I am not at home and my internet connection is to slow, but in that case there is no solution.

Florian. I have testet with two different iPads, IPhone, different browser, and also local and via VPN. Time for preperation is not an issue.

It looks all the time the same for me.
Please see here one example how it is looking like.

When pressing „Steuerelemente“ the graph will be generated and look normal…

Excactly the same behaviour on my side. iMac, iPad & iPhone doesnt show up on first try, but after pressing “Steuerlemente” its fine again.

I can now reproduce the issue, it would have been helpful if you had written where line charts don‘t work anymore, because on chart pages they work fine. Only if opened from Item detail page „Analyze“ button the issue occurs.

I will try to have a look into this soon.

3 Likes

Great, that you can reproduce that issue.
Simon has already reported, also with the wording line Chart.
So I added, two pictures, how it look like.
For me it only happens on Apple, which is not my primary HW for daily usage…

I have fixed this: Analyzer: Fix analyzer initially not visible on iOS 17.4 by florian-h05 · Pull Request #2511 · openhab/openhab-webui · GitHub

4 Likes

Thanks Florian. So that means, when 4.2 is released, the fix should be there for us…-

1 Like

I have this issue as well. Looking forward to 4.2! Thanks Florian.