openHAB 4.1 Release discussion

Pat,

I run exactly same configuration, also Synology Docker, container in host mode update via watchtower automatically, everything besides little hick-ups working.

Solong
B

no luck with clearing cache browsers firefox and chrome.
Ctrl+F5 no result, no remove button cannot add new binding.
Thanks
Patrick

Is it encouraged or discouraged to change from zulu17 to zulu21?

Discouraged because not yet confirmed to work well.
In case you would like to follow this subject:

1 Like

@Lolodomo thanks for quick and great support.

After the upgrade to 4.1.0 I noticed that the proxy for my grafana charts did not work anymore (:arrow_right: Android App do not show grafana charts - #5 by patrik_gfeller).

The solution was very easy - I just had to install the http feature via karaf console:

openhab> feature:install http
openhab> http:proxy-list
URL      │ ProxyTo                                  │ Balancing Policy
─────────┼──────────────────────────────────────────┼─────────────────
/grafana │ https://openhab.ehrendingen:3000/grafana │
openhab>  

I’ve removed the map for this post - but this works as well … I like this solution, as it enables interactive grafana charts (local and remote) in a very easy way (once the SSL stuff is setup …).

Just in case someone else used this feature in 4.0.

1 Like

I think i found why: checked permissions on synology docker folder and change to full access for the some users. Restart container and the “remove bindings” are back.as in previous versions…
Thanks,
Patrick

1 Like

Thanks for the upgrade

Solong B

1 Like

So why did you do an update on Christmas?

7 Likes

Hi,
first of all Merry Christmas and congratulations to the new release.

Of course I had to update it right away and it went smoothly.
The only thing i discovered is that since the upgrade to 4.1 I have a high CPU consumption of my docker container (openhab/openhab:latest-alpine):

The top processes shows multiple running curl commands:

curl -f http://localhost:8080/

Does anybody else have such high CPU usage?
Anyone has an idea where this curl commands come from? How can I find the origin of this never ending curls?

Best regards,
Patrick

UPDATE: After switching to latest-debian image the CPU utilization is back to normal.

Hi @patrick023
exactly the same behavior on my site with docker with high cpu, but no curl. MyThread

The threads which causing it are known but possible solution not yet available. I hope that someone can give us a hint how to really deactivate the “suggestionfinder”

Yeah,

Watchtower/Portainer did it as there are about 15 container running everything is automatic.

But I am not the only person struggeling, anyway good job, everything is great.

It was just my 2cents and supposed to be a feedback. with hope for the future

Happy Christmas

Solong
B

Why did you upgrade if this was going to be a problem? When to upgrade to a new version is wholly under your control.

Seems a bit extreme. Maybe delay updates until they are convenient or you have time to handle stuff that breaks.

As far as I’m aware, the only lost functionality is because of events while outside of OH’s control (e.g. MyQ shutting down 3rd part access).

4.1, as a point release, has no deliberate breaking changes and consists primarily of new features and bug fixes.

4 Likes

Riko,

no worries, as expected people are in their own little world and we say in Germany “don"t see the forest because of all the trees anymore”

I have deleted my post with my concerns and wish every one

a Happy Christmas.

It was critisicm which was pointed towards the future and how things could be improvesd. Maybe I took the wrong track with Openhab, maybe not.

Solong
B

I don’t agree with your assessement that about the suggestion finders being the cause. Jmdns has always been running in previous versions as well. Disabling the suggestion finder will stop the suggestion finder from running and create a dependency on it. You will not see mdns based suggestions.
It is different for UPnP as it is not running by default without an add-on that uses it. That should be completely stopped when disabling the suggestion finder.
The real issue seems to be that jmdns tries to scan on all network interfaces. That is independent of the suggestion finder. I don’t know if anything changed there.

I’m trying to upgrade my OH4.0.3 to 4.1.0. I must be really blind because the upgrade process under Win10 stops with an error message. Any ideas?

I upgrade from 4.0.4 to 4.1 and all is good except I have a roller shutter blind widget and the stop command has been stripped out of the thing channel.
I can put it back in easily enough but it is strange how it has been removed.

Here is the code in the thing channel under the advanced settings after the upgrade:

UID: mqtt:topic:mqttbroker:0cb7d742b7
label: Blinds 1 - 7
thingTypeUID: mqtt:topic
configuration: {}
bridgeUID: mqtt:broker:mqttbroker
channels:
  - id: blind1control
    channelTypeUID: mqtt:rollershutter
    label: Blind 1 control
    description: ""
    configuration:
      commandTopic: zigbee2mqtt/blind1/set
      stateTopic: zigbee2mqtt/blind1
      transformationPattern: JSONPATH:$.position
      off: CLOSE
      on: OPEN

Here is the same part after I put the STOP back in.

UID: mqtt:topic:mqttbroker:0cb7d742b7
label: Blinds 1 - 7
thingTypeUID: mqtt:topic
configuration: {}
bridgeUID: mqtt:broker:mqttbroker
channels:
  - id: blind1control
    channelTypeUID: mqtt:rollershutter
    label: Blind 1 control
    description: ""
    configuration:
      commandTopic: zigbee2mqtt/blind1/set
      stop: STOP
      stateTopic: zigbee2mqtt/blind1
      transformationPattern: JSONPATH:$.position
      off: CLOSE
      on: OPEN

The other strange part is the word STOP is in the place where the stop command is entered but if I clear it using the x on the right hand side of the field it just comes back again but doen’t update the code.

See the picture below of what I mean:

I just have to go through my 7 binds and highlight the word STOP anf type STOP back in and then it is happy.

I have now tried to run update.bat 4.1.0 but update fails when backup is being created and upgrading fails. I have also tried to delete the backup part in update.ps1 file but still the backup is being made. Any ideas?

Try to remove the tmp folder under \userdata\ ( \userdata\tmp\ ) and then do the update again.

1 Like

For a number of bindings I have newly installed in 4.1.0 from Community Marketplace and Other Add-ons, the Settings icon does not appear on the binding’s page.

The bindings are listed on the Settings page under Add-on Settings, but when I click on them, the settings page for the binding appears and is blank.

I’ve tried this with a selection of bindings and almost all I have tried have inaccessible settings. For example, HABSpeaker works and I can access the settings, but Signal does not.