Openhab and Envisalink Vista / Honeywell Alarm

Hello @cweemin

How I can download a .jar file of this binding to test at home?https://github.com/cweemin/openhab2-addons/tree/ademco/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.ademco

@cweemin What release of Openhab did you build this on?

How i can test this binding on my openhab2

Hello all theres a way to donwload this to test it?

Anyone have any luck on finding a compiled jar file to test this?

I made a compiled Jar @ org.openhab.binding.ademco-2.5.4-SNAPSHOT.jar

1 Like

here’s my /etc/openhab2/things/ademco.things file content, replace userCode and password with your own… oh and I have only 6 zones setup so change as u need.

Bridge ademco:envisalink:homealarm “Home Alarm” @ “home” [ ipAddress=“envisalink”, password="", pollPeriod=1 ] {
Bridge partition part1 @ “home” [ partitionNumber=1, userCode=“1234” ] {
Thing zone zone1 @ “home” [ zoneNumber=1 ]
Thing zone zone2 @ “home” [ zoneNumber=2 ]
Thing zone zone3 @ “home” [ zoneNumber=3 ]
Thing zone zone4 @ “home” [ zoneNumber=4 ]
Thing zone zone5 @ “home” [ zoneNumber=5 ]
Thing zone zone9 @ “home” [ zoneNumber=9 ]
}
}

Thank you cweemin for creating this addon, got it working months ago with paper ui detecting the zones automatically, but never could figure out how to get keypad working to arm disarm.

I was able to get the binding installed and detecting my zones automatically, however the only channel that seems to update reliably is the zoneLastUpdated channel. The zoneStatus channel is sporadic and the zoneFault will stay “ON” once triggered.

That’s by design. Once it’s faulted it needed to be manually cleared. Here’s an example of an item I have for a sensor in /etc/openhab2/items/alarm.item

Switch LivingroomMotionFault “LivingRoom Motion [%s]” (gAlarm, gMotion) { channel=“ademco:zone:homealarm:part1:zone5:zoneFault”, expire=“30s, command=OFF” }

This worked, seems to be about a three minute delay before it will trigger again, so I set the expire to 3m. Will monitor. Update: When the alarm system is armed in the mode where motions are bypassed, the motions do not trigger in OpenHAB.

Update: This method is not needed anymore.

As a work around i just use http to arm and disarm my system in openhab.
your actual ip insted of the XXX and your code instead of 0000

disarm http://192.168.1.XXX/2?A=4&p=1&X=0000
arm http://192.168.111.XXX/2?A=3&p=1&X=0000

There’s an item in the icon you can do, here’s mine in alarm.item:

Blockquote
items/ademco.items:Number PARTITION1_ARM_MODE “[%s]” { channel=“ademco:partition:homealarm:part1:ArmMode”, autoupdate=“false” }
sitemaps/default.sitemap: Switch item=PARTITION1_ARM_MODE label=“Arm Options” mappings=[1=“Disarm”, 2=“Away”, 3=“Stay”]

1 Like

Hi cweemin, thank you for your example and confirming it is possible.

I went over my commented out previous attempts and I see where I went wrong, the values and most importantly because I let Openhab detected my stuff in PaperUI so I didn’t need to touch the items file manually, just needed to enable ArmMode item in PaperUI and used your mappings in sitemap.

Thank you for the great plugin and help setting it up. Now I got Alexa to announce the messages and arm system, but not disarm(safer).

I see Zone0 in the inbox of PaperUI, so minor bug since there is no Zone 0 on Vista 20p.

Just to confirm - this binding works with the Eyez-On EnvisaLink EVL4-EZR IP Interface Module for DSC and Honeywell (Ademco) Security Systems which is connected to a Honeywell/Ademco Alarm panel?

Best, Jay

Yes that’s what I have.

Weemin Chan

1 Like

@ cweemin

Thank you so much for creating this binding! Everything is working excellent . . .

I ended up having to define the bridge and partition per your code example above because the self discovery on OH 2.4 never found the zones.

Very happy that OH can now control the home alarm system based on rules.

Best, Jay

thank you so much @cweemin !!

I am new to openhab community, just trying to install your binding.

I have downloaded the .jar file from your link, i have transfer it to /usr/share/openhab/addons and then i restarted the open hab! But the binding is not appear at the UI :confused: can i do something else? THANKS in advantage!

@cweemin
HUGE thanks to you and your binding. I just now had an opportunity to join this forum and let you know that we are very grateful to you for your amazing contribution. I have this working with a Vista20p, expander board, Envisalink (of course), the LTE module and an RF module.

Would love to know if it’s possible to perform the following (perhaps I just haven’t found it yet).
[1] Send a duress command.
[2] Identify who armed/disarmed the system via the user code.

Again, awesome job …