OpenHAB CULfw for Somfy RTS Rollershutters

this is the config of the usb-serial-433 device:

i´ve added org.openhab.binding.somfycul-2.5.0.jar to /usr/share/openhab2/addons

but don´t see it in PaperUI

Hi,

@Patrick_Hornaus:
You may be running into the “missing gnu.io” issue (for description and solution, see further above).

@Daniel_Weisser:
I was able to dig out my former FHEM installation, where I have verified that I can still control my shutters with that installation. At the same time I have realized (and remembered) that I actually have a SIGNALduino rather than a nanoCUL. I assume that this is the reason why I can’t use it with the somfycul. Any idea what I could do (I am willing to do coding to a limited degree). I also have SomfyCULTest running (without success).

Cheers, Michael

Hi @Michael_Schmidt

I think you just mentioned the “wrong” Daniel, I guess @Daniel_Weisser was meant!?

Regards
Daniel :slight_smile:

Oops, of course, yes. I wasn’t aware of this auto-expansion thing. Trying to modify the original post.

that did the job:

login through ssh to openhabian,
then ssh -p 8101 openhab@localhost
default password is habopen
add to terminal: feature:install openhab-transport-serial
add to terminal: logout

now i have somfycul available,
quite easy if somebody helps you with an howto.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-05 um 21.03.53

it looks like its sending something, i´ve followed the steps from Daniel:

The installation worked for me as follows:

1. Install the binding into your OpenHab installation (see Distributing bindings through the IoT Marketplace )
2. Add the appropriate things to your config (.things)*

* *somfycul:culdevice:cul [ port="/dev/ttyACM0" ]* *somfycul:somfydevice:esslinks (somfycul:culdevice:cul)* *

3. Add a rollershutter as a switch to your sitemap for programming the switch (.items and .sitemap)

* *Switch Shutter_Ess_Links "Eßzimmer links" (somfyFF) {channel="somfycul:somfydevice:esslinks:program"} * *

4. Set the rollershutter to programming mode via your remote (should go up and down slightly)
5. Press the switch in your sitemap (the rollershutter should go up and down slightly for confirmation)
6. Change the rollershutter in your items and sitemap to a rollershutter :wink:

* *Rollershutter Shutter_Ess_Links "Eßzimmer links" (somfyFF) {channel="somfycul:somfydevice:esslinks:position"} * *

This is how I set up all my rollershutters in my house now via a CUL.

but my rts blinds do not react.

Hi Patrick,

are you using the JAR file from the marketplace? I have not changed that and adapted it to the new versions of openHAB, so that might cause some problems.

Hi Michael,

as I’m using the same commands as the FHEM installation (http://culfw.de/culfw.html) it should be able to bring it to work with OpenHAB as well.

Hi Daniel,

I tried my CUL with both the culfw and the SIGNALduino firmware, with no success. I used both OpenHAB with the SomfyCUL binding and the serial-cul-test Java program. However, I never managed to trigger any reaction on the Somfy receiver (shutter) side. So I suspect that my CUL may not be initialized correctly. It still works OK with FHEM and the Somfy shutters (as SIGNALduino).
Don’t know what else to try.

Cheers, Michael

Hi Daniel,

I can confirm the observations Michael made.
I also use a SIGNALduino which works well controlling the rollershutter with FHEM.
Please give advice what to do for further debugging.

Best regards
Joachim

Hi @Joachim1305, hi @Michael_Schmidt,

that how I started to migrate my FHEM installation to OpenHAB.

The first try that I did in order to find out if the stick works with the appropriate CUL firmware and command set (http://culfw.de/commandref.html#cmd_Y) before trying my Java test program (and then continuing with OpenHAB development) was to simply check via serial connection if I can access the CUL stick and get some information. As I have a linux installation I used the appropriate command line tools.

So connect to the serial port and then issue a simple command

screen /dev/ttyACM0

and then issue

V

for printing the version of the CUL firmware.

After that I used the values from the FHEM installation for the address, rolling code and encryption key (see https://fhem.de/commandref.html#SOMFY) and put those in the Java test program (https://github.com/weisserd/serial-cul-test/blob/master/src/main/java/de/danielweisser/home/SomfyCULTest.java) in order to see if I could reuse the already learned FHEM remote to control the shutter.

When that worked I used to learn a new Java remote that I then reused for further experiments.

I can also try provide you with a new version of the Somfy OpenHAB binding. The version distributed via the marketplace is quite old and I have repackaged a version for OpenHAB 2.5. (https://github.com/weisserd/openhab2-addons)

Cheers
Daniel

Hi @Daniel_Weisser, @Joachim1305,

I basically went through all the steps (incl. address, rolling code and encryption key) that Daniel suggested to walk from FHEM to OpenHAB. It is clear that the SIGNALduino accepts commands submitted via the serial interface. It responds properly to control commands (such as ‘V’) via a serial terminal, and returns plausible return codes from the write commands in SomfyCULTest.java. Nevertheless, Somfy doesn’t respond.

I rather think that the problems on Joachim’s and my side are caused by the fact that we use a SIGNALduino rather than a regular CUL. One aspect seems to be a possibly missing frequency switch from 433.92 MHz to 433.42 MHz (see https://wiki.fhem.de/wiki/Somfy_via_SIGNALduino). In general, controlling the SIGNALDuino seems to involve some differences to the regular CUL (search for the string ‘SIGNALduino’ in https://github.com/mhop/fhem-mirror/blob/master/fhem/FHEM/10_SOMFY.pm). I guess, understanding these differences and drawing the right conclusions will cost me a couple more Sunday afternoons :frowning:

Cheers, Michael

Hi Daniel, hi Michael,

I checked the cul firmware version issuing ‘V’ :
‘3.3.1 SIGNALduino cc1101 (chip CC110 unknown) - compiled at Dec 3 2019 19:40:46’
CC1101 should offer a frequency switch from 433.92 MHz to 433.42 MHz, but I did not find the command for that.
My cul was delivered with a-cul FW 1.26.08 and I flashed it to SIGNALduino because it did not work with this FW as well.

I’m now using binding ‘org.openhab.binding.somfycul-2.5.1-SNAPSHOT.jar’

-> No success with openHAB.

Controlling the shutters with FHEM I observed in the logs that the lower nibble of the encryption key is not fix but always corresponds to the lowest nibble of the rolling code. I don’t know whether this is important.
Again I’m out of ideas how to proceed.

Best regards
Joachim

Hi @Michael_Schmidt, hi @Joachim1305,

I’m using a CC1101 - Busware stick with culfw 1.67. And yes according to the Perl FHEM code with the checking for signaduino, there seem to be a lot of differences.

Just some more information on how I got my configuration running.

So after all the simple checks with my stick and some reverse engineering of the Perl code all I did was just using a new address, setting the rolling to code to 0000 and the command to 8 (prog) in the Java code.

// C - Command (1 = My, 2 = Up, 4 = Down, 8 = Prog)
 String command = "8";
 String rollingCode = "0000";
 String address = "000029";   

Then I put the shutter to learning mode, and after running the Java program, it confirmed the new remote and I was good to go.

Cheers
Daniel

Hi Daniel, hi Michael,

today I

1. flashed my cul with culfw 1.67,
  2. set cul.things to
    somfycul:culdevice:cul [ port="/dev/serial/by-id/usb-SHK_NANO_CUL_433-if00-port0", baudrate=“38400” ]
    somfycul:somfydevice:markise (somfycul:culdevice:cul)
  3. modified file /var/lib/openhab2/somfyculsomfycul_somfydevice_markise.properties to
    address=000029
    rollingCode=000
  4. put the shutter to learning mode
  5. activate and deactivate prog switch
  6. enjoy

@Daniel_Weisser: thank you for your support

Best regards,
Joachim

1 Like

Hi,

Turns out that my stick doesn’t work at all with the cul fw (1.67). I can’t even control my shutters with this configuration in FHEM. This explains a lot.
And the interface as SIGNALduino is simply too different. It has (amongst other issues) a different encoding.

Thanks a lot anyway to all who helped!
Michael

Could anybody upload the newest java version of the bindig have actually no luck with the version of the Dropbox link above :frowning:

also my /var/lib/openhab2/somfyculsomfycul_somfydevice_markise.properties is empty

Could you try https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzy9v0lo7zz7wtu/org.openhab.binding.somfycul-2.5.0.jar?dl=0 ? This is the version that I’m running with my current OpenHAB 2.5.4 installation.

1 Like

Hi,

I am also very interested in that solution. Before I start just one question: Would this work with a LAN or Wifi based CUL too (by putting IP address in things config)?

Best regards
Duddits

is the CUL than exklusive for the somfy binding ? so i cant control my intertechno plugs anymore ?