OpenHAB CULfw for Somfy RTS Rollershutters

Hi,

I am also very interested in that solution. Before I start just one question: Would this work with a LAN or Wifi based CUL too (by putting IP address in things config)?

Best regards
Duddits

is the CUL than exklusive for the somfy binding ? so i cant control my intertechno plugs anymore ?

Hi Duddits,

it just works with a local CUL stick. The address that is given must be a “String” pointing to a local device.

Cheers
Daniel

In the Somfy RTS binding the code for controlling the CUL and the SomfyRTS(es) are bundled. I have made some tests with reusing the same CUL for other purposes and succeeded but I’m currently not using it anymore.

So test with ne new version that you uploaded on dropbox - did exact steps as above - the somfycul_somfydevice_994a8c99.properties are still empty and the markise do nothing with openhab :frowning:

2020-05-06 10:42:03.757 [INFO ] [binding.somfycul.internal.CULHandler] - got port: /dev/ttyACM2

2020-05-06 10:42:03.786 [INFO ] [ng.somfycul.internal.SomfyCULHandler] - Read properties from file /openhab/userdata/somfycul/somfycul_somfydevice_994a8c99.properties

2020-05-06 10:42:03.856 [INFO ] [ng.somfycul.internal.SomfyCULHandler] - channelUID: somfycul:somfydevice:994a8c99:position, command: REFRESH

2020-05-06 10:42:03.856 [INFO ] [ng.somfycul.internal.SomfyCULHandler] - channelUID: somfycul:somfydevice:994a8c99:program, command: REFRESH

2020-05-06 10:42:03.068 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'somfycul:somfydevice:994a8c99' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED)

2020-05-06 10:42:03.752 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'somfycul:culdevice:fd1a5e85' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING

2020-05-06 10:42:03.785 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'somfycul:culdevice:fd1a5e85' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2020-05-06 10:42:03.796 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'somfycul:somfydevice:994a8c99' changed from UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED) to INITIALIZING

2020-05-06 10:42:03.843 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'somfycul:somfydevice:994a8c99' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2020-05-06 10:52:45.337 [INFO ] [ng.somfycul.internal.SomfyCULHandler] - channelUID: somfycul:somfydevice:994a8c99:position, command: UP

2020-05-06 10:52:45.340 [INFO ] [binding.somfycul.internal.CULHandler] - Send message YsA120nullnull for thing Somfy Markise

2020-05-06 10:52:45.343 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.openhab.binding.somfycul.internal.SomfyCULHandler@335a12ee': For input string: "null"

at org.openhab.binding.somfycul.internal.SomfyCULHandler.handleCommand(SomfyCULHandler.java:114) ~[?:?]

2020-05-06 10:52:54.547 [INFO ] [ng.somfycul.internal.SomfyCULHandler] - channelUID: somfycul:somfydevice:994a8c99:position, command: DOWN

2020-05-06 10:52:54.548 [INFO ] [binding.somfycul.internal.CULHandler] - Send message YsA140nullnull for thing Somfy Markise

2020-05-06 10:52:54.550 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.openhab.binding.somfycul.internal.SomfyCULHandler@335a12ee': For input string: "null"

at org.openhab.binding.somfycul.internal.SomfyCULHandler.handleCommand(SomfyCULHandler.java:114) ~[?:?]

2020-05-06 10:52:59.001 [INFO ] [ng.somfycul.internal.SomfyCULHandler] - channelUID: somfycul:somfydevice:994a8c99:position, command: STOP

2020-05-06 10:52:59.002 [INFO ] [binding.somfycul.internal.CULHandler] - Send message YsA110nullnull for thing Somfy Markise

ok forget it now its working - WOW !! GREAT !!

But the cul is /dev/ttyACM2 and after a reboot my Jeelink USB Stick disappeard… its ttyUSB1 if i deinstall the jar . jeelink is working again. What could be the problem ?

ok reboot does not bring a solution but a real shutdown and cold start ! for now i will thank you very much !! this binding is a real real good thing for me and my family thanks !

Hello!
Just started thinking of a smarthome today as i am annoyed of all the different remotes i need to control my Somfy/Velux/Novoferm devices.

Did i get that right, that after installing my raspberry i would have to get a c1101 usb stick and your plugin to get my Somfy shutters working with openhab ?

And that this simple usb stick from amazon will get that working ( nanoCUL USB Stick FTDI CC1101 433MHz FW 1.67 FHEM CCU / CCU2 Knick-Antenne FHEM CUL 433 + Adapter ).

Thanks for each reply !

Hi @scotty,

yes that’s exactly the configuration (https://amzn.to/2X6sOuj), that I use.

Cheers
Daniel

Thanks for your reply, I go get the parts, install the Raspberry and maybe come back later to get some more help if you do not mind!

So, finally i got the needed devices, and OpenHAB up an running.

Now I would like to make a simple first test.

I found a nice description how to first off all use a simple input/output test to make sure the communication is working find.

minicom

BTW it use minicom all the time at work, so i am pretty sure how it is meant to work, but I can not connect to the device. There is simply no response.

[08:50:01] root@openhab:~# ls -alt /dev/serial/by-id/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 60 May 30 08:37 .
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 80 May 30 08:37 …
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 May 30 08:37 usb-SHK_NANO_CUL_433-if00-port0 → …/…/ttyUSB0
[08:50:20] root@openhab:~#

[ 5.712591] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial_generic
[ 5.712652] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for generic
[ 5.743410] usbcore: registered new interface driver ftdi_sio
[ 5.743492] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for FTDI USB Serial Device
[ 5.743823] ftdi_sio 1-1.2:1.0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter detected
[ 5.743996] usb 1-1.2: Detected FT232RL
[ 5.763955] usb 1-1.2: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0

Any idea what is going wrong ?

I got it working, thanks for your work and support!

Ok So I am very sorry for my stupidity but I think I need some help.
I tried to follow all the steps mentioned here but I guess I did something wrong.
Now I bought a CUL Device NANO CUL 433mhz
and it has the culfw 1,67 firmware and apparently openhub recognizes the Dongle (at least in the PaperUI it is shown as online:
somfyDeviceLabel
somfyDeviceDescription
somfycul:somfydevice:b94fa2ad
But how to continue from here on?
When I moved in I had 2 Somfy Shutters preinstalled.
I have two “remotes” the exact same as shown here:
https://blog.emeidi.com/2019/07/16/somfy-rts-storen-von-einem-pc-aus-steuern/
Is the Dongle correctly installed? I did create a cul.things with

somfycul:culdevice:cul [ port="/dev/ttyUSB0" ]
somfycul:somfydevice:esslinks (somfycul:culdevice:cul)

in it - but I do have no *.sitemap and no *.items - as i only use the habpanel. Do i need the files?
What do I have to do next to get them to work.
Sorry for my stupid questions - this seems a bit hard for me.

Hi Matthias,

you do need the item-Files as you need to have the information that an item is a rollershutter. I don’t use HabPanel, but as far as I know it depends on items as well.

Have you followed the guide above in the comment to program the new remote?

Cheers
Daniel

Hi @Daniel_Weisser and a happy Christmas :slight_smile: ,

i just tried to revive my CUL and also try out openhab3 after more than 1 year of having no time to play with this.

But i am struggling to get it running, I think it may be due to OH3 using Java11 maybe…

when using the version u linked the last time here https://community.openhab.org/t/openhab-culfw-for-somfy-rts-rollershutters/18905/80
I always get

2020-12-25 18:08:20.440 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.somfycul-2.5.0.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.somfycul [22]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

With the lastest OH2.5 it shows the Binding correctly.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Are you trying to use an openHAB 2.5.x binding with openHAB 3 ?
This is not going to work, cause of renamed classes.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, thats the problem then…
as long as someone does not convert that binding to OH3 then, i will have to stay at 2.5 or try the new Outpost concept…

Hi @Sebastian_D ,

I’m currently on vacation but I’ve planned to upgrade the SomfyCUL binding once I start upgrading my OpenHAB installation.

Cheers
Daniel

1 Like

Hi @Daniel_Weisser,

is there any update on this topic (update binding to 3.0)? I really appreciate all the work you’ve done and closely watched this thread. Just wanted to ask.

Thanks in advance!
Florian

Hello,

first of all I have to say thanks for the effort you put in here. I used the Somfy Thahoma Box all the time. Therefore I had to rely on the Somfy Server, since all the commands will run over their server. Unfortunately it seems that Friday evening someone pulls the plug of the server. Leading to not working shutters till Monday. So I downgraded my Openhabian from 3.0 to 2.5 and got This Cul

After some days of trail and error I got the binding, things and items working.
Current Setup:
Openhab 2.5
Raspberry Pi4 8GB
Habian 64bit
Binding: org.openhab.binding.somfycul-2.5.0 placed in the Addon Folder

somfycul:culdevice:cul [ port="/dev/ttyUSB0", baudrate="38400" ]
somfycul:somfydevice:ShutterArbeitszimmer (somfycul:culdevice:cul)

I followed the procedure with a Switch first and then changing to Rollershutter.

Now the bindings woks. I can send a command to my shutters via the Rollershutter item and they move. But they only move a small step and not to the end.

Rollershutter ProgrammShutterArbeitszimmer "Shutter Arbeitszimmer" (somfyFF) {channel="somfycul:somfydevice:ShutterArbeitszimmer:position"}

The Shutter Control has now the following parts:

Free to set number: Without function since it is not supported by my somfy motors
Up Arrow: Moves some small distance up
Down Arrow: Moves some distance down
Stop (MY): No function

somfycul_somfydevice_ShutterArbeitszimmer.properties file changes:

#Last command changes to up or down
#<Time> is changing as well to the time stamp of the last command
rollingCode is changing
adress is constant

Should the Stop or My Button not been seen there as well?

Is this the expected behavior?
How can I make them move completely to any end position?

Thanks in advance,
Christoph