openHAB for Kodi

This is truly good stuff. Unfortunately it seems not to work under OpenHab2. Any plans to support OH2.
I tested it and ran into the following error:

14:44:08 T:1764750352 NOTICE: fetching json url=http://192.xxx:8080/rest/sitemaps, headers={‘accept’: ‘application/json’}
14:44:08 T:1764750352 NOTICE: response for url=http://192.xxx:8080/rest/sitemaps, text=[{“name”:“bill”,“label”:“Bills Main Menu”,“link”:“http://´192.xxx:8080/rest/sitemaps/bill","ho
mepage”:{“link”:“http://192.xxx:8080/rest/sitemaps/bill/demo",“leaf”:false,“widgets”:[]}},{“name”:"_default",“label”:“Home”,“link”:“http://192.xxx:8080/rest/sitemaps/_default”,"home
page”:{“link”:“http://192.xxx:8080/rest/sitemaps/_default/_default",“leaf”:false,"widgets”:[]}}], headers={‘Date’: ‘Sun, 17 Apr 2016 12:44:08 GMT’, ‘Content-Length’: ‘386’, ‘Content-Typ
e’: ‘application/json’, ‘Server’: ‘Jetty(9.2.14.v20151106)’}
14:44:08 T:1764750352 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
14:44:08 T:1764750352 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<–
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type ‘exceptions.TypeError’>
Error Contents: list indices must be integers, not str
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab-1.0.1/default.py”, line 200, in
show_sitemaps()
File “/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab-1.0.1/default.py”, line 186, in show_sitemaps
sitemaps = sorted(oh.load_sitemaps().iterkeys())
File “/home/pi/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab-1.0.1/resources/lib/openhab1.py”, line 233, in load_sitemaps
for i in as_array(result[‘sitemap’]):
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not str
–>End of Python script error report<–

I tried this today with OpenHab 1.8.1. I am new to OpenHab and to KODI.

I am able to successfully put in my server settings and when I open up the program inside KODI I do not get a connection error but the window is blank. Any ideas?

Hi, did you try to ping the openhab server from your Kodi box (to ensure that you have a route to the openhab server)? Then check the sitemap name (or use the menu in the settings dialog to select the appropriate sitemap).

Hi mampfes,

Yes. I can ping the server from my KODI box.The addon also detects the sitename automatically so I figured that is a good sign?

I also tried reverting the OpenHAB server back to the default port of 8080. That didn’t seem to change the performance.

Any other ideas or things I can try?

Thanks!

Strange. You can try the demo sitemap which should work. Otherwise enable the debug switch in the settings dialog and check the kodi log.

Does this help at all? I recently upgraded to OpenHab 1.8.3 hoping that would makes a difference but nothing seems different.

Looks promising.

I had issues installing this addon though. Ended up manually unzipping it and adding it to the .kodi/plugins folder.
I’m running this on the current openelec version, and did download the zip for 1.0.2 of your plugin.

I have entered the IP, port, and sitemap for my openhab install (which is openhab2 - so perhaps thats the issue?)

Is there anything I can edit / tinker with / check etc to get this going?

Hi Thomas. You’re right - 1.0.2 doesn’t work with OpenHAB2. But there is already a test version in the conversation with Baumi1245: https://github.com/mampfes/script.module.openhab/issues/2. Please try this one - it work with the Demo sitemap for me.

Hello,
I’ve been updating to libreELEC 8.0.0 (Kodi 17.0).
openHAB for Kodi does not run on Kodi 17.0, maybe the directory structure has changed.
Is it planned to support also Kodi 17.0 ?

Fixed it with a hack:
Just faked the addon.xml. Set gui to 5.12.0
-> import addon=“xbmc.gui” version=“5.12.0”/
Also moved the fanart.jpg and icon.png to resorces folder.
Now it works again.

… but just until the next boot. Will be disabled again.

Hey Frank,

Did you manage to get it working?

Yes. I made my “private” version 1.0.3 and it works well now.
Since I’m not the originator of this SW I have not uploaded it.
If you want I can give you the zip

Yes please!!

Had to spend a couple hours and fix some little things in order to get working correctly for me with OH2 and Kodi 17 but glad I found it, this is exactly what I was looking for! Great work @mampfes!

I submitted a PR to your repo with my changes:

Basically I moved the selection list and color picker to left since the background was not working, and changed a bunch of colors. There are some issues remaining but it does the job.

(Note: your 2.0 release .zip doesn’t include the openHAB 2 bits…!)

1 Like

That’s a nice addon i’ve been looking for. But sadly it doesn’t work on my LibreElec 8.2.2 Kodi 17.6 / openHAB 2.2 stable.

I am able to select the sitemap i want, but nothing is shown? Did i miss something?

Please enable debug logging (in settings) and check kodi’s debug log.

Thanks for looking into it.

The Kodi process jumped to more than 100% CPU usage until i closed the openHAB window.

Here is the log. Alonger excerpt is at pastebin

14:06:30.454 T:1226830752  NOTICE: fetching json url=http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/sitemaps/Neu/00000707, headers={'x-atmosphere-transport': 'long-polling', 'accept': 'application/json'}
14:06:30.479 T:1218442144  NOTICE: fetching json url=http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/sitemaps/Neu/000007080000, headers={'x-atmosphere-transport': 'long-polling', 'accept': 'application/json'}
14:06:30.496 T:1210053536  NOTICE: fetching json url=http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/sitemaps/Neu/000007080100, headers={'x-atmosphere-transport': 'long-polling', 'accept': 'application/json'}
14:06:30.531 T:1430246304   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'attribs'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/menulist.py", line 438, in onInit
                                                self.build_menu()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/default.py", line 61, in build_menu
                                                self.homepage = sitemap.load_page()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 367, in load_page
                                                self.page = self.oh.create_page_class(self, result['homepage'])
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 259, in create_page_class
                                                i = Page(sitemap, pageData, prevPage)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 384, in __init__
                                                self.init(pageData)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 62, in func_wrapper
                                                func(self, *args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 399, in init
                                                self.create_all_widgets(as_array(pageData['widgets']))
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 405, in create_all_widgets
                                                i = self.oh.create_widget_class(self, w)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 324, in create_widget_class
                                                i = FrameWidget(page, widgetData)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 479, in __init__
                                                super(FrameWidget, self).__init__(page, widgetData)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 430, in __init__
                                                self.init(widgetData)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 62, in func_wrapper
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 487, in init
                                                i = self.oh.create_widget_class(self.page, w)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 338, in create_widget_class
                                                i = TextWidget(page, widgetData)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 573, in __init__
                                                super(TextWidget, self).__init__(page, widgetData)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 430, in __init__
                                                self.init(widgetData)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 579, in init
                                                self.page = self.oh.create_page_class(self.page.sitemap, widgetData['linkedPage'], self.page)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 259, in create_page_class
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 384, in __init__
                                                self.init(pageData)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 399, in init
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 405, in create_all_widgets
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 324, in create_widget_class
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 479, in __init__
                                                self.init(widgetData)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 487, in init
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 338, in create_widget_class
                                                i = TextWidget(page, widgetData)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 573, in __init__
                                                super(TextWidget, self).__init__(page, widgetData)
                                                self.init(widgetData)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 579, in init
                                                self.page = self.oh.create_page_class(self.page.sitemap, widgetData['linkedPage'], self.page)
                                                self.init(pageData)
                                                self.init(widgetData)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 336, in create_widget_class
                                                i = SwitchWidget(page, widgetData)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 561, in __init__
                                                super(SwitchWidget, self).__init__(page, widgetData)
                                                self.init(widgetData)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.openhab/resources/lib/openhab2.py", line 567, in init
                                                if self.attribs['mapping'] and self.attribs['value'] is None and self.item.attribs['state'] is not None:
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'attribs'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
14:06:43.119 T:1944899584   DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: libnfs.so.8)
14:07:00.848 T:1361048480  NOTICE: response for url=http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/sitemaps/Neu/00000100, text={"id":"00000100","title":"Modus","icon":"text","link":"http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/sitemaps/Neu/00000100","parent":{"id":"0000","title":"Heizung","icon":"radiator","link":"http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/sitemaps/Neu/0000","leaf":false,"timeout":true},"leaf":true,"timeout":true,"widgets":[{"widgetId":"00000100_16","type":"Text","label":"MiHK [Unbekannt]","icon":"radiator","mappings":[],"item":{"link":"http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/items/MiHK_MODE","state":"NULL","transformedState":"Unbekannt","stateDescription":{"pattern":"","readOnly":false,"options":[{"value":"AUTO-MODE","label":"Auto mode"},{"value":"MANU-MODE","label":"Manu mode"},{"value":"PARTY-MODE","label":"Holiday mode"},{"value":"BOOST-MODE","label":"Boost function"}]},"type":"String","name":"MiHK_MODE","label":"Modus MiHK","category":"radiator","tags":[],"groupNames":["MiHK_Heizung"]},"widgets":[]}]}, headers={'Content-Length': '870', 'Content-Type': 'application/json', 'Server': 'Jetty(9.3.22.v20171030)'}
14:07:00.860 T:1361048480  NOTICE: fetching json url=http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/sitemaps/Neu/00000100, headers={'x-atmosphere-transport': 'long-polling', 'accept': 'application/json'}
14:07:01.047 T:1454371744  NOTICE: response for url=http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/sitemaps/Neu/00000600, text={"id":"00000600","title":"Luftfeuchtigkeit [44.2 %]","icon":"humidity","link":"http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/sitemaps/Neu/00000600","parent":{"id":"0000","title":"Heizung","icon":"radiator","link":"http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/sitemaps/Neu/0000","leaf":false,"timeout":true},"leaf":false,"timeout":true,"widgets":[{"widgetId":"00000600_0","type":"Frame","label":"","icon":"frame","mappings":[],"widgets":[{"widgetId":"00000600_0_0","type":"Text","label":"AZ [45 %]","icon":"humidity","mappings":[],"item":{"link":"http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/items/AZWT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","state":"45.00","stateDescription":{"pattern":"%.0f %%","readOnly":false,"options":[]},"type":"Number","name":"AZWT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","label":"AZ","category":"humidity","tags":[],"groupNames":["AZWT_Heizung","gHumidity","gRestoreOnStartup","gPersist","gPersistNumber"]},"widgets":[]},{"widgetId":"00000600_0_0_1","type":"Text","label":"Ar [44 %]","icon":"humidity","mappings":[],"item":{"link":"http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/items/ArWT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","state":"44.00","stateDescription":{"pattern":"%.0f %%","readOnly":false,"options":[]},"type":"Number","name":"ArWT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","label":"Ar","category":"humidity","tags":[],"groupNames":["ArWT_Heizung","gHumidity","gRestoreOnStartup","gPersist","gPersistNumber"]},"widgets":[]},{"widgetId":"00000600_0_0_1_2","type":"Text","label":"B1 [47 %]","icon":"humidity","mappings":[],"item":{"link":"http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/items/B1WT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","state":"47.00","stateDescription":{"pattern":"%.0f %%","readOnly":false,"options":[]},"type":"Number","name":"B1WT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","label":"B1","category":"humidity","tags":[],"groupNames":["B1WT_Heizung","gHumidity","gRestoreOnStartup","gPersist","gPersistNumber"]},"widgets":[]},{"widgetId":"00000600_0_0_1_2_3","type":"Text","label":"FE [45 %]","icon":"humidity","mappings":[],"item":{"link":"http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/items/FEWT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","state":"45.00","stateDescription":{"pattern":"%.0f %%","readOnly":false,"options":[]},"type":"Number","name":"FEWT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","label":"FE","category":"humidity","tags":[],"groupNames":["FEWT_Heizung","gHumidity","gRestoreOnStartup","gPersist","gPersistNumber"]},"widgets":[]},{"widgetId":"00000600_0_0_1_2_3_4","type":"Text","label":"K [44 %]","icon":"humidity","mappings":[],"item":{"link":"http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/items/KUWT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","state":"44.00","stateDescription":{"pattern":"%.0f %%","readOnly":false,"options":[]},"type":"Number","name":"KUWT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","label":"KU","category":"humidity","tags":[],"groupNames":["KUWT_Heizung","gHumidity","gRestoreOnStartup","gPersist","gPersistNumber"]},"widgets":[]},{"widgetId":"00000600_0_0_1_2_3_4_5","type":"Text","label":"Mi [44 %]","icon":"humidity","mappings":[],"item":{"link":"http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/items/MiWT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","state":"44.00","stateDescription":{"pattern":"%.0f %%","readOnly":false,"options":[]},"type":"Number","name":"MiWT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","label":"Mi","category":"humidity","tags":[],"groupNames":["MiWT_Heizung","gHumidity","gRestoreOnStartup","gPersist","gPersistNumber"]},"widgets":[]},{"widgetId":"00000600_0_0_1_2_3_4_5_6","type":"Text","label":"Le [42 %]","icon":"humidity","mappings":[],"item":{"link":"http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/items/LeWT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","state":"42.00","stateDescription":{"pattern":"%.0f %%","readOnly":false,"options":[]},"type":"Number","name":"LeWT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","label":"Le","category":"humidity","tags":[],"groupNames":["LeWT_Heizung","gHumidity","gRestoreOnStartup","gPersist","gPersistNumber"]},"widgets":[]},{"widgetId":"00000600_0_0_1_2_3_4_5_6_7","type":"Text","label":"SZ [43 %]","icon":"humidity","mappings":[],"item":{"link":"http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/items/SZWT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","state":"43.00","stateDescription":{"pattern":"%.0f %%","readOnly":false,"options":[]},"type":"Number","name":"SZWT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","label":"SZ","category":"humidity","tags":[],"groupNames":["SZWT_Heizung","gHumidity","gRestoreOnStartup","gPersist","gPersistNumber"]},"widgets":[]},{"widgetId":"00000600_0_0_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8","type":"Text","label":"WZ [44 %]","icon":"humidity","mappings":[],"item":{"link":"http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/items/WZWT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","state":"44.00","stateDescription":{"pattern":"%.0f %%","readOnly":false,"options":[]},"type":"Number","name":"WZWT_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","label":"WZ","category":"humidity","tags":[],"groupNames":["WZWT_Heizung","gHumidity","gRestoreOnStartup","gPersist","gPersistNumber"]},"widgets":[]},{"widgetId":"00000600_0_0_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_9","type":"Text","label":"Draussen [91 %]","icon":"humidity","mappings":[],"item":{"link":"http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/items/LOCAL_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","state":"91","stateDescription":{"pattern":"%d %%","readOnly":false,"options":[]},"type":"Number","name":"LOCAL_ACTUAL_HUMIDITY","label":"Luftfeuchtigkeit draussen","category":"humidity","tags":[],"groupNames":["gRestoreOnStartup","gPersist","gPersistNumber"]},"widgets":[]}]},{"widgetId":"00000600_1","type":"Frame","label":"","icon":"frame","mappings":[],"widgets":[{"widgetId":"00000600_1_0","type":"Switch","label":"Zeitraum","icon":"line","mappings":[{"command":"0","label":"-"},{"command":"4","label":"12h"},{"command":"1","label":"D"},{"command":"5","label":"2D"},{"command":"2","label":"W"},{"command":"3","label":"M"}],"item":{"link":"http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/items/gHumidity_chart_period","state":"0","type":"Number","name":"gHumidity_chart_period","label":"Zeitraum","category":"line","tags":[],"groupNames":["gRestoreOnStartup"]},"widgets":[]}]}]}, headers={'Content-Length': '5570', 'Content-Type': 'application/json', 'Server': 'Jetty(9.3.22.v20171030)'}
14:07:01.125 T:1454371744  NOTICE: fetching json url=http://10.10.10.10:8080/rest/sitemaps/Neu/00000600, headers={'x-atmosphere-transport': 'long-polling', 'accept': 'application/json'}

Hi, there is one (or maybe more) yet unsupported items in your sitemap. At first glance I didn’t find the responsible item as the log is too long for me. Therefore I recommend to strip down the sitemap until it works again.

1 Like

Thanks for your time. I will check with a simpler sitemap.