openHAB Milestone builds

Alternative:

Interesting, looks like Logitech bowed to pressure.

I can’t see this developer version lasting though. I’ll probably stick with my hacked websockets version for now, it’s working well.

I have the same problem with ThingAction. But if I remove ThingAction. I get the same error for the getThinfstatus expression. Could you please poste your code line with the ThingAction part.

Thanks a lot!

Before:

var status = ThingAction.getThingStatusInfo("zwave:device:uzb:node26").getStatus()

After:

var status = getThingStatusInfo("zwave:device:uzb:node26").getStatus()

Thank you!

FYI: I’ve just did a 2.5.0.M1 build, which is available in the usual places - unfortunately, I don’t have a change log available for it, but all changes since 2.4 that have been merged until yesterday are included.

6 Likes

Thanks.
FWIW, can you (@benjy ?) please re-affirm what’s the current repo.
I used to have
#deb https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 testing main
which was the latest to find mentioned in this thread, too.
But I had to change to the same as for the snapshots in order to get to see the M1 build, i.e.
deb http://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/openhab-linuxpkg testing main

Is thath correct ?

You can see that the apt package is available here: https://bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2/openhab2
But due to quota constraints, we might move it in the future to artifactory, but that’s not yet the case.

I can’t get the latest milestone, apt tells me that all packages are up to date. I have this in my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openhab2.list:

deb https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 testing main

I used this to get the 2.4 milestones, but now I get nothing. I also tried updating to milestone through openhabian-config, but no dice…

There is also no link on the download page to this 2.5.0.M1 version, only stable and snapshot:

All builds are put into Artifactory before being distributed to Bintray, so while the Artifactory repo will work, the Bintray repo will be faster and more stable.

Mind, there’s a problem I need to look at where Bintray isn’t allowing the download of packages automatically. I’ve just fixed this for the new M1 build.

1 Like

Right, those had been deactivated with the 2.4 release (as there was no milestone available then).
I have created reactivated milestone links on download/install page by kaikreuzer · Pull Request #149 · openhab/website · GitHub to bring it back!

2 Likes

After installing the 2.5.0 M1 Version via openhabian-config i found the Rest-Api installed although i hadn’t installed before.

On Startup i now get this error messages:

2019-01-24 12:22:46.404 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(87)] : doFindMethod: Suitable but non-accessible method found in class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl
2019-01-24 12:22:46.426 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(87)] : findMethod: Suitable but non-accessible method setScheduler found in class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl, subclass of org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl
2019-01-24 12:22:46.430 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(87)] : bind method [setScheduler] not found; Component will fail
2019-01-24 12:22:46.433 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(87)] : bind method [setScheduler] not found
2019-01-24 12:22:46.437 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(87)] : doFindMethod: Suitable but non-accessible method found in class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl
2019-01-24 12:22:46.441 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(87)] : findMethod: Suitable but non-accessible method unsetScheduler found in class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl, subclass of org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl
2019-01-24 12:22:46.443 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(87)] : unbind method [unsetScheduler] not found; Component will fail
2019-01-24 12:22:46.446 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(87)] : unbind method [unsetScheduler] not found

Did i made anything wrong ?

thx, for fast reply. As i’m not very experienced, so what does this mean for me? Should i go back to 2.4 stable or can i live with the error 'til the next Milestone, as i won’t use snapshots ?

There are now also 2.5.0.M1 Docker images! :whale2: :whale:

5 Likes

Did you got any updates? I have the same issue.

Sorry to say, but nothing changed since that. What i have done is to uninstall the Rest-Api (never used it) and leave the rest as it is. At the moment i can’t see any other problems, only the error message on OH-Start. But my hardware-equipment is not very extensive. (several Tasmotas, Sonos-Sound,Thermostats, Samsung-TV) and some other bindings like ASTRO,EXEC,NTP,OPENWEATHERMAP. The reason why i changed, was to get the the Thing “uvindex” of openweathermap. But i think that’s not worth it, as it’s only one value per day.

At the moment i think about to go back to 2.4 stable. We will see what the near future will bring.

Cheers - Peter

You can’t uninstall the REST API, it’s only the REST API Documentation (or better: generator fpr REST API calls) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thx, for your answer, you are right. It was the REST API Documentation in the “Misc”-Section of the Add-Ons in Paper UI. But I hadn’t installed before Upgrade, so I don’t know what to do with it.
And I have to say that I do not know what the REST API is for, as I never used it or had to use :thinking: I’m a bit dump :smirk:, but always willing to learn :upside_down_face::wink:. Do you have some hints for me, of course if you want, also by PM ?

Cheers - Peter