openHAB Milestone builds

FYI: I’ve just did a 2.5.0.M1 build, which is available in the usual places - unfortunately, I don’t have a change log available for it, but all changes since 2.4 that have been merged until yesterday are included.

6 Likes

Thanks.
FWIW, can you (@benjy ?) please re-affirm what’s the current repo.
I used to have
#deb https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 testing main
which was the latest to find mentioned in this thread, too.
But I had to change to the same as for the snapshots in order to get to see the M1 build, i.e.
deb http://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/openhab-linuxpkg testing main

Is thath correct ?

You can see that the apt package is available here: https://bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2/openhab2
But due to quota constraints, we might move it in the future to artifactory, but that’s not yet the case.

I can’t get the latest milestone, apt tells me that all packages are up to date. I have this in my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openhab2.list:

deb https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 testing main

I used this to get the 2.4 milestones, but now I get nothing. I also tried updating to milestone through openhabian-config, but no dice…

There is also no link on the download page to this 2.5.0.M1 version, only stable and snapshot:

All builds are put into Artifactory before being distributed to Bintray, so while the Artifactory repo will work, the Bintray repo will be faster and more stable.

Mind, there’s a problem I need to look at where Bintray isn’t allowing the download of packages automatically. I’ve just fixed this for the new M1 build.

1 Like

Right, those had been deactivated with the 2.4 release (as there was no milestone available then).
I have created reactivated milestone links on download/install page by kaikreuzer · Pull Request #149 · openhab/website · GitHub to bring it back!

2 Likes

After installing the 2.5.0 M1 Version via openhabian-config i found the Rest-Api installed although i hadn’t installed before.

On Startup i now get this error messages:

2019-01-24 12:22:46.404 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(87)] : doFindMethod: Suitable but non-accessible method found in class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl
2019-01-24 12:22:46.426 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(87)] : findMethod: Suitable but non-accessible method setScheduler found in class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl, subclass of org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl
2019-01-24 12:22:46.430 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(87)] : bind method [setScheduler] not found; Component will fail
2019-01-24 12:22:46.433 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(87)] : bind method [setScheduler] not found
2019-01-24 12:22:46.437 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(87)] : doFindMethod: Suitable but non-accessible method found in class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl
2019-01-24 12:22:46.441 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(87)] : findMethod: Suitable but non-accessible method unsetScheduler found in class org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl, subclass of org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl
2019-01-24 12:22:46.443 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(87)] : unbind method [unsetScheduler] not found; Component will fail
2019-01-24 12:22:46.446 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core          ] - bundle org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1 (102)[org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.scheduler.PeriodicSchedulerImpl(87)] : unbind method [unsetScheduler] not found

Did i made anything wrong ?

thx, for fast reply. As i’m not very experienced, so what does this mean for me? Should i go back to 2.4 stable or can i live with the error 'til the next Milestone, as i won’t use snapshots ?

There are now also 2.5.0.M1 Docker images! :whale2: :whale:

5 Likes

Did you got any updates? I have the same issue.

Sorry to say, but nothing changed since that. What i have done is to uninstall the Rest-Api (never used it) and leave the rest as it is. At the moment i can’t see any other problems, only the error message on OH-Start. But my hardware-equipment is not very extensive. (several Tasmotas, Sonos-Sound,Thermostats, Samsung-TV) and some other bindings like ASTRO,EXEC,NTP,OPENWEATHERMAP. The reason why i changed, was to get the the Thing “uvindex” of openweathermap. But i think that’s not worth it, as it’s only one value per day.

At the moment i think about to go back to 2.4 stable. We will see what the near future will bring.

Cheers - Peter

You can’t uninstall the REST API, it’s only the REST API Documentation (or better: generator fpr REST API calls) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thx, for your answer, you are right. It was the REST API Documentation in the “Misc”-Section of the Add-Ons in Paper UI. But I hadn’t installed before Upgrade, so I don’t know what to do with it.
And I have to say that I do not know what the REST API is for, as I never used it or had to use :thinking: I’m a bit dump :smirk:, but always willing to learn :upside_down_face::wink:. Do you have some hints for me, of course if you want, also by PM ?

Cheers - Peter

The REST API is how the UIs like PaperUI and BasicUI communicate with the OH core to give you the ability to interact with OH. So if you wanted to build your own UI or if you want to interact with just one part of OH (e.g. send a command to an Item from an external application, enable/disable a Thing from OH Rules or an external application, you would use the REST API.

As mentioned earlier, the REST API Documentation is just that, documentation. Though one of the nice things about it is that it is interactive documentation. You can actually issue commands to OH through the documentation. I find it handy for some adhoc testing of Rules and such as I can change Things and Items right there from the documentation.

1 Like

Thx, Rich, and of course Udo, for your help and hints. I will install it again (the REST API Doc :wink:) and try to find out, what can I do with it.

Cheers,
Peter

Sometimes it’s hard to get a no-openhab-binding-system bound to openhab, a nice option is to send API calls to openHAB (no polling…) I’ve used this method to get telephone numbers from my Asterisk to openHAB, it’s a very simple AGI script which is executed at every phone call.

1 Like

How did you downgrade your openhab installation?

I also had 2.5 M1 installed (on my raspi openhabian) and wanted to get back to stable 2.4.

Unfortunately, the downgrade did not work. I recorded a backup to 2.4.

You need to switch your repository back to stable. The milestone builds are on the testing repo:

Then check this post: