openHAB Milestone builds

Hi,

installed 2.5M2 yesterday and after some initial difficulties it now runs smooth. I had to restart openHAB several times before most of the exceptions in the log disappeared. I have two remaining issues, maybe it is useful for someone else:

1. To resolve exceptions by the org.openhab.core.ephemeris binding (still have to check out, what this is for) could only be resolved by creating services/ephemeris.cfg, as stated somewhere else on this forum :
dayset-school=Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
dayset-weekend=Saturday,Sunday
region=nw

Setting these parameters in PaperUI was not enough, but I prefer config files anyway. I could not find any documentation regarding valid region codes, so I am not really sure, what I configured :wink:

1. The KNX2 binding throws the following exception on every start, but it seems to work OK anyhow:
2019-08-12 00:41:25.572 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient.readNextQueuedDatapoint(AbstractKNXClient.java:283) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient.lambda$1(AbstractKNXClient.java:199) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Juelicher

2 Likes

Hi,

after upgrading my Docker Installation I get the tollowing error in my Docker Terminal:

Launching the openHAB runtime...
Error installing bundle listed in startup.properties with url: mvn:org.apache.karaf.features/org.apache.karaf.features.extension/4.2.2 and startlevel: 1

After a complete deletion of all configs, 2.5.0.M2 won’t start either …

Kind regards

Niklas

Edit: Looks like the Docker container are still referencing to the startup.properties of 2.5.0.M1

After the start of the container my startup.properties is overwritten by 2.5.0.M1 file …

Edit2:
After a recreation of the container from scratch, everything works as expected.

I just did M2 upgrade today. Initially I had constant warnings about items not existing (even though they did). Clean-cache / reboots didn’t help. Ended up doing an uninstall and reinstall. (not purge - I kept my config files and everything else untouched)

After the reinstall everything started up correctly.

With a cleared cache, 2.5M2 logs a bunch of errors and usually warnings about missing Items. The cache should be cleared in the upgrade, so this happens on first start. After a few minutes and the logs are calm, restart OH again and the errors will be gone.

So, after clearing the cache, restart twice. I thought there was an issue for this already in GH (I can’t search for it ATM), but there may not be.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Looking for 2.5M1

I just upgraded from 2.5 M1, and I am now having trouble with my embeded MQTT broker. I’m using the MQTT binding and the internal MQTT broker. My MQTT broker Thing now shows up as offline. I see that the name has changed on the broker since the upgrade. Screenshot%202019-08-24%2008%3A52%3A35

I have deleted my MQTT broker as a thing, reinstalled the broker but then nothing appears in my inbox anymore. Is this a known issue? Or have I just missed something here? I’m leaning toward the latter.

Had the same problem. You have to delete the mqttembedded.bin file before every start of openhab.

Just went through a M1 to M2 upgrade (docker installation)I get warnings in the logs about

[ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-misc-restdocs'

Rest Doc was the only “binding” I had to do manually after the update, and it seems fine after that. How do I disable the error warnings?

restdocs is no longer under the ‘misc’ section it is under the ‘UI’ section; check out your addons.cfg file as that is probably the issue.

Do you mean under addons.config, in the userdata folder?
Just delete this entry?
"misc=“restdocs”

there are no added entries in my addons.cfg except whatever is default

Yes.or change to misc="" to be safe

Right, unless you need an entry in addon.cfg for a snapshot jar file or something you can safely comment everything out of the addon.cfg or even just delete the file and OpenHAB will recreate a new one on startup. Upon it doing so, if you look at it, every line will be commented out

1 Like

If i activate the chromecast binding in m2 then the rest api ui stops working.
Getting errorcode 500

Verified. & deleting the binding restores REST APi functionality. Here is the start of the log.

2019-08-26 14:29:57.627 [WARN ] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel] - /rest/swagger.json

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException: org.glassfish.jersey.server.ContainerException: java.lang.VerifyError: Bad type on operand stack

Please report the issue on Github.

1 Like

Is done

4 Likes

Hey everyone, good news, we have published openHAB 2.5.0 Milestone 3 today!

These are the changes since Milestone 2 from last month:

openHAB Core:

1. Fix integration test for ExpiringCacheAsync (#968) (detail / githubweb)
  2. Fix integration test for thing: TimestampChangeProfile (#966) (detail / githubweb)
  3. increase paho inflight message limit (#970) (detail / githubweb)
  4. [DSL] Unique job key for createTimer in DSL rule (#972) (detail / githubweb)
  5. [DSL rule] New implicit variable newState (#973) (detail / githubweb)
  6. Use constructor injection to simplify lifecycle (#976) (detail / githubweb)
  7. Fixed spelling in JavaDoc (#975) (detail / githubweb)
  8. [automation] Update configDescriptions for jsr223.ScriptedTrigger (#964) (detail / githubweb)
  9. [archetype] Fix groovy script to handle certain cases (#980) (detail / githubweb)
  10. [semantics] Fix properties loading (#977) (detail / githubweb)
  11. Added feature for jackson (#969) (detail / githubweb)
  12. Enable Config XML Tests (#971) (detail / githubweb)
  13. ItemUIRegistry: getLabel returning DateTime item formatted in local time (detail / githubweb)
  14. GetLabel: Handle correctly string value looking like a transform pattern (detail / githubweb)
  15. Fix incorrect unit symbol for Byte and add unit symbol for Octet. (#990) (detail / githubweb)
  16. [persistence] Use constructor injection to simplify lifecycle (#991) (detail / githubweb)
  17. [itemregistry] Use constructor injection to simplify lifecycle (#988) (detail / githubweb)
  18. Use constructor injection to simplify lifecycle (#994) (detail / githubweb)
  19. Specified OSGi service (#989) (detail / githubweb)
  20. Streamline DTO serialization for REST item resources (#982) (detail / githubweb)
  21. Use constructor injection to simplify lifecycle (#987) (detail / githubweb)
  22. Added configurationPid (#1003) (detail / githubweb)
  23. Fixed wrong nullness annotation (#997) (detail / githubweb)
  24. Fix gamma correction in HSBType (#996) (detail / githubweb)
  25. Travis Cache (#1008) (detail / githubweb)
  26. [infrastructure] bump SAT to 0.7.0 (#1007) (detail / githubweb)
  27. Selection widget as default widget for Number or String items with (detail / githubweb)
  28. Removed repos as they are now inherited from the parent pom (#1011) (detail / githubweb)
  29. Removed duplicate dependencies (#1013) (detail / githubweb)
  30. [bin2json] Binary to JSON converter initial contribution (#611) (detail / githubweb)
  31. [rest] Changed property type to Boolean to allow null values (#1010) (detail / githubweb)
  32. {voice] say: log something when the audio sink cannot be found (#1018) (detail / githubweb)
  33. REST Voice API: new API for TTS (#1017) (detail / githubweb)
  34. [IconServlet] New optional parameter anyFormat (#978) (detail / githubweb)

openHAB 2 Add-ons:

1. [dwdunwetter] Harden thing handler to fix potential NPEs (#5900) (detail / githubweb)
  2. fix wrong topic in logger (#5901) (detail / githubweb)
  3. [lutron] Fixes and discovery service enhancements (#5874) (detail / githubweb)
  4. [mqtt] Update channel configuration parameter descriptions (#5908) (detail / githubweb)
  5. [mqtt] Add internal link to Moquette broker add-on in readme (#5902) (detail / githubweb)
  6. [nest] Fix integration tests fail on Windows (#5909) (detail / githubweb)
  7. [ihc] Fix tests failing on Windows (#5914) (detail / githubweb)
  8. [deconz] Added properties for sensors (#5899) (detail / githubweb)
  9. [opensprinkler] Refactoring of code (#5862) (detail / githubweb)
  10. [Systeminfo] Fix typo and reduce log level (#5923) (detail / githubweb)
  11. [openweathermap] New Feature: visibility channel. (#5853) (detail / githubweb)
  12. [solarlog] Fix typo in binding documentation (#5927) (detail / githubweb)
  13. [onkyo] Update Input channels to get available Inputs and Names from (detail / githubweb)
  14. [mail] Changed i18n file encoding to ISO-8859 (#5933) (detail / githubweb)
  15. add float support to snmp (#5926) (detail / githubweb)
  16. [spotify] Improve setting accesstoken channel (#5928) (detail / githubweb)
  17. [skeleton] Some fixes related to the skeleton script generation (#5935) (detail / githubweb)
  18. [systeminfo] Update dependencies and add null annotations (#5929) (detail / githubweb)
  19. [paradoxalarm] Added missing feature.xml (#5936) (detail / githubweb)
  20. [infrastructure] bump sat to 0.7.0 (#5930) (detail / githubweb)
  21. [mihome] documentation: update firmware after enabling developer mode (detail / githubweb)
  22. [opensprinkler] Show remaining water time of a station (#5890) (detail / githubweb)
  23. [groheondus] Add a way to login with a refresh token (#5218) (detail / githubweb)
  24. [tado] fix vulnerability in jetty dependency (#5922) (detail / githubweb)
  25. [hpprinter] HP Printer Binding initial contribution (#5931) (detail / githubweb)
  26. re-add null check (#5938) (detail / githubweb)
  27. [sonyprojector] Remove code warnings (#5941) (detail / githubweb)
  28. [opensprinkler] Allow https URLs and basic Auth (#5924) (detail / githubweb)
  29. [exec] Update demo in README.md (#5669) (detail / githubweb)
  30. [homkit] Bump netty to 4.1.34 (#5940) (detail / githubweb)
  31. remove Azure IoT temporarily (#5944) (detail / githubweb)
  32. [linuxinput] initial contribution (#4629) (detail / githubweb)
  33. [siemensrds] general improvements (#5937) (detail / githubweb)
  34. [jsonpath] Updated dependency to latest version (#5939) (detail / githubweb)
  35. [sonyprojector] Few channels moved from Number to Dimmer item type (detail / githubweb)
  36. [lutron] Documentation update (#5946) (detail / githubweb)
  37. [onewbusaway] Fix typo in documention (#5950) (detail / githubweb)
  38. [groheondus] Bump to new ondus-api version (#5951) (detail / githubweb)
  39. [sonyprojector] REFRESH channel handled through an ExpiringCache (#5882) (detail / githubweb)
  40. [daikin] Support the BRP1B61 (aka Airbase) controller (#5910) (detail / githubweb)
  41. [neohub] NeoHub Binding new PR to replace PR #5688 (#5952) (detail / githubweb)
  42. Fixed remove of .gitignore (#5956) (detail / githubweb)
  43. DynamicStateDescriptionProvider improvements (#5957) (detail / githubweb)
  44. Documentation corrections (#5960) (detail / githubweb)
  45. fix azure iot hub removal (#5961) (detail / githubweb)
  46. [tradfri] Add nullness annotations and fix potential NPE (#5925) (detail / githubweb)
  47. [siemensrds][neohub] Correction of syntax errors in documentation (detail / githubweb)
  48. [somfytahoma] Update documentation (#5932) (detail / githubweb)
  49. [nikohomecontrol] Correction textual configuration syntax (#5969) (detail / githubweb)
  50. [lgwebos] Removing default icon from toast messages, as users have (detail / githubweb)
  51. [SNMP] better SNMP exception handling (#5965) (detail / githubweb)
  52. [samsung] Update README.md (#5971) (detail / githubweb)
  53. [lutron] Catch exception and log warning for invalid responses (#5968) (detail / githubweb)
  54. [neohub] Fix missing neohub from bundle pom (#5974) (detail / githubweb)
  55. [opengarage] opengarage initial contribution by Paul Smedley (#5911) (detail / githubweb)
  56. [spotify] Refactoring to better use openHAB core design patterns. (detail / githubweb)
  57. [daikin] Fix broken zone updating (#5977) (detail / githubweb)
  58. [mqtt][homeassistent] allow device.identifiers to be single string (detail / githubweb)
  59. Fixed failing test (#5979) (detail / githubweb)
  60. Fixed SAT errors in opensprinkler binding (#5980) (detail / githubweb)
  61. [mqtt] homeassisant: Group components by device (#5978) (detail / githubweb)
  62. Fix SAT errors (#5987) (detail / githubweb)
  63. [chromecast] Fix example things to working format (#5757) (detail / githubweb)
  64. [km200] Added support for “systemStates” (#5550) (detail / githubweb)
  65. [nibeheatpump] #5012, #5604 Channel update logic, to and from modbus (detail / githubweb)
  66. [enocean] Added Eltako FPE1 and FPE2 contact sensors (#5666) (detail / githubweb)
  67. Kodi Binding extensions (#5988) (detail / githubweb)
  68. [chromecast] Bump to new su.litvak.chromecast version (#5989) (detail / githubweb)
  69. [omnikinverter] OmnikInverter Binding initial contribution (#4061) (detail / githubweb)
  70. [openweathermap] Correcting null-handling (#5993) (detail / githubweb)
  71. [omnikinverter] Fix thing parameters in README.md (#5994) (detail / githubweb)
  72. [rfxcom] Send commands on control channels so that switches behave as (detail / githubweb)
  73. [sonos] Add discovery of IKEA SYMFONISK (#5995) (detail / githubweb)
  74. [omnikinverter] Add .project file, remove unused loggers (#5996) (detail / githubweb)
  75. [mqtt] added retain parameter to action (#5998) (detail / githubweb)
  76. Changed to openHAB Core feature of Jackson (#5949) (detail / githubweb)
  77. [nibeheatpump] Consider locale settings for formatted values in tests (detail / githubweb)
  78. [mqtt][homie] Use UID-encoder/decoder for channel/device-mapping (#5983) (detail / githubweb)
  79. [sonos] Add state options for channels state and repeat (#6002) (detail / githubweb)
  80. [mail] properly handle UTF-8 (#6001) (detail / githubweb)
  81. [sonos] Changed i18n file encoding from UTF-8 to ISO-8859 (#6007) (detail / githubweb)
  82. [satel] Added channels for troubles in wireless devices (#5836) (detail / githubweb)
  83. Update README.md (#6008) (detail / githubweb)
  84. [rotel] Rotel Binding initial contribution (#5805) (detail / githubweb)
  85. [kodi] added support for resuming a video at a given position (#6014) (detail / githubweb)
  86. [ruuvitag] Add a heartbeat to detect missing ruuvitags (#6006) (detail / githubweb)
  87. [satel] Added support for ATD-100 temperature sensor. (#6016) (detail / githubweb)
  88. [iaqualink] iAquaLink Binding initial contribution (#5814) (detail / githubweb)
  89. bump moquette to 0.13.0.OH2 (#6009) (detail / githubweb)
  90. [tplinksmarthome] Several enhancements (#6020) (detail / githubweb)
  91. Removed unneeded semicolons (automaticly performed by Intellij) (#6024) (detail / githubweb)
  92. [rfxcom] fan support (#6025) (detail / githubweb)
  93. [lutron] Fix malformed responses from Caseta by removing prompt string (detail / githubweb)
  94. [sinope] Sinopé Binding initial contribution (#3099) (detail / githubweb)
  95. [sonos] Don’t list SYMFONISK as choice for creating thing type (#6027) (detail / githubweb)
  96. [enturno] EnturNo Binding initial contribution (#5418) (detail / githubweb)
  97. [denonmarantz] Some clean up and alignment with the template of the (detail / githubweb)
  98. fix homeassistant tests (#6031) (detail / githubweb)
  99. [mqtt][homie] fix integration tests (#5915) (detail / githubweb)
  100. [amazonechocontrol] Bugfix for login in Australia (#6034) (detail / githubweb)
  101. [sinope] Update name in pom.xml (#6035) (detail / githubweb)

openHAB 1 Add-ons:

1. removed Sen.se persistence service (#5850) (detail / githubweb)

Z-Wave Binding:

1. Ensure max polling period is consistent with configuration (#1219) (detail / githubweb)
  2. Add support for notification_power_management (#1218) (detail / githubweb)

Zigbee Binding:

1. Illuminance configuration improvements (#468) (detail / githubweb)
  2. Fix illuminance conversion (#469) (detail / githubweb)
  3. Remove interrupted exception during port read (#471) (detail / githubweb)
  4. Update README.md (#475) (detail / githubweb)
  5. add ‘Innr SP 120’ to list of supported devices and improve notes style, (detail / githubweb)

openHAB Web-UIs:

1. [ClassicUI] Move WEB images in the expected directory (#100) (detail / githubweb)
  2. [BasicUI] Fix dynamic update of frame visibility (#103) (detail / githubweb)
  3. [BasicUI] mapview : handle refresh and UNDEF state (#101) (detail / githubweb)
  4. [ClassicUI] mapview: handle UNDEF state (#102) (detail / githubweb)
  5. [BasicUI] Ignore too big item state when updating widget icon (#98) (detail / githubweb)
  6. [BasicUI] Render switch element with slide switch for switch item with (detail / githubweb)
  7. [ClassicUI] Render switch element with slide switch for switch item with (detail / githubweb)
  8. [basicui] Remove iconType configuration setting (#114) (detail / githubweb)
  9. [classicui] Remove iconType configuration setting (#113) (detail / githubweb)
  10. Providing modified icons for (#112) (detail / githubweb)
  11. [habpanel] Widget gallery: handle short attachment urls (#115) (detail / githubweb)
  12. [habpanel] Update dependencies, 5-col selection widget fix (#106) (#116) (detail / githubweb)

It seems we are back on track with monthly milestone releases and it is great to see the huge activity from so many contributors. Big thanks to everyone involved!

A question that comes up more frequently now is when to expect the final 2.5 release, so let me briefly comment on that. Due to the long-running build refactoring that was underway many months after the 2.4 release, we did not follow the bi-yearly release cycle anymore and preferred to first come back with regular milestone builds. We will most likely do 2 or 3 more of them, but definitely want to get 2.5 out of the door this year, likely around early December. No dates are set yet, but that’s roughly the timeline to expect. As some might have noticed already, the focus is currently to get the PR queue for new bindings done and merged - so if you are one of the contributors, who is waiting since a long time for a review, now is a good moment to ping us on your PR to get the well-deserved attention :slight_smile: .

As always: Enjoy Milestone 3 and if you encounter bugs, please directly report them on Github - thanks!

Kai

36 Likes

Does this Milestone resolve the Jackson conflicts the some bindings introduced in M2 that keep the REST Docs from loading?

1 Like

No with M3 still the same

Is the openhab2-addons-legacy package supposed to be available, too ?

[11:57:24] root@openhabianpi:/home/openhabian/openhabian# apt-get install openhab2 openhab2-addons openhab2-addons-legacy
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
Die folgenden Pakete werden aktualisiert (Upgrade):
  openhab2 openhab2-addons openhab2-addons-legacy
3 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 76 nicht aktualisiert.
Es müssen 271 MB an Archiven heruntergeladen werden.
Nach dieser Operation werden 921 kB Plattenplatz freigegeben.
Holen:1 https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/openhab-linuxpkg testing/main armhf openhab2 all 2.5.0~M3-1 [76,2 MB]
Holen:2 https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/openhab-linuxpkg testing/main armhf openhab2-addons all 2.5.0~M3-1 [182 MB]
Fehl:3 https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/openhab-linuxpkg testing/main armhf openhab2-addons-legacy all 2.5.0~M3-1
  503  Service Temporarily Unavailable [IP: 35.231.52.82 443]
Es wurden 259 MB in 45 s geholt (5.726 kB/s).
E: Fehlschlag beim Holen von https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/openhab-linuxpkg/pool/main/2.5.0~M3/openhab2-addons-legacy_2.5.0~M3-1_all.deb 503  Service Temporarily Unavailable [IP: 35.231.52.82 443]
E: Einige Archive konnten nicht heruntergeladen werden; vielleicht »apt-get update« ausführen oder mit »--fix-missing« probieren?

Is this M2.5 3 also available on openhabian?