openHAB Windows Beta App

Hey All,
There is a new native Windows 10 Beta application, which provides upcoming features and fixes for testing before they will released in the major app.

App can found here: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9N140MD0NJ6T

2 Likes

Latest beta update (2021.1.9) provides following new features and fixes:

Features:

• Removed Windows Phone statusbar support
  • Added initial support for openHAB 3
  • Reworked in-app notifications
  • Setpoint-Widget is now able directly switching to a value inside min/max range by using +/- button (Replaced textbox with Combobox)

Fixes:

• Fixed crashing when changing setpoint widget if state contains dimensions
  • Fixed connection issue with demo system when using metered connection.
  • Fixed sitemap name to show correct name in main menu

I just tested this out of curiosity.
Maybe the wrong version:

[Tested the beta, too. See below]

But Wehen I was opening my sitemaps (one after another; still openHAB 2.x) I experianced some major issues.

I was watching TV (Kodi) and suddenly (while opening the sitemaps) the MediaPC (Linux) rebootet.
And my Onkyo AVR started playing Music on Zone2.

I reproduced this with opening the Widows App again.

This time the MediaPC kept working, but I had a Play/Pause loop.

2021-01-09 17:54:47.107 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HTPC_control changed from PAUSE to PLAY
2021-01-09 17:54:47.152 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HTPC_control changed from PLAY to PAUSE
2021-01-09 17:54:47.200 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HTPC_control changed from PAUSE to PLAY
2021-01-09 17:54:47.244 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HTPC_control changed from PLAY to PAUSE
2021-01-09 17:54:47.293 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HTPC_control changed from PAUSE to PLAY
2021-01-09 17:54:47.337 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HTPC_control changed from PLAY to PAUSE
2021-01-09 17:54:47.387 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HTPC_control changed from PAUSE to PLAY
2021-01-09 17:54:47.430 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HTPC_control changed from PLAY to PAUSE
2021-01-09 17:54:47.479 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HTPC_control changed from PAUSE to PLAY
2021-01-09 17:54:47.528 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HTPC_control changed from PLAY to PAUSE
2021-01-09 17:54:47.578 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HTPC_control changed from PAUSE to PLAY
2021-01-09 17:54:47.620 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HTPC_control changed from PLAY to PAUSE
2021-01-09 17:54:47.669 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HTPC_control changed from PAUSE to PLAY
2021-01-09 17:54:47.713 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HTPC_control changed from PLAY to PAUSE

I guess this might have caused the reboot the first time.

I just tried the Beta Version, too

Same issue.

• configuring connection
  • open Kodi sitemap
  • play/pause loop
    • I can see the controls in the widget toggle a few times per seconds.
    • I can only stop this loop by pressing STOP on my remote.
    • closing the app is not sufficient.

My big question would be

Why does the App send a command without me clicking any button on the widget at all?

Hey Christoph,
The lastest beta app is stucking in certification process, but will be available soon.
Can you retest your scenario with the latest version and provide me the logs (Settings -> View Log -> Browse log folder)?

I will try to find out why the app is sending commands without any user interaction

Hey Christoph,

from what i understood from @christoph_wempe s post is, that both apps produce this error.
I think we didn’t change anything in the currently available beta version on the handling of the items.

The things i changed will be available at the new beta that is pending certification at the moment.

@christoph_wempe what binding’s are you using? What Version of OH are you exactly using?
Do you think the issue is related to Kodi or to your ONKYO AVR?
Can you please provide an screenshot of your sitemap also to get a feeling what object in the app might produce the issue.

I opened a Issue on GitHub Repository, too:

Would be good to answer the questions there for better Bug tracking.

One more feature/bugfix:

• Selection Item now uses Values provided by Bindings

By the way:
MANY THANKS to @hoffe86 for working so much on the app in the last weeks!

1 Like

New beta update (2021.2.5.0) is available in store.

Added following support for sitemap widgets:

• Visibility Condition #94
  • Value and Label Color Condition #76

Improvements:

• Text Trimming for Widget labels and Text Widget value #75
  • Replaced old SwitchWidget with new implementation based on Toggle Switch #44

New beta update (2021.2.23.0) is available in store.

Improvements:

• Adding support for ColorPicker/Color element (#73)

New beta update (2021.2.26.0) is available in store soon.

Improvements:

• Start App on windows logon (#190)
  • Support high resolution icons for widgets #189
  • Notification Support #188

Hi, since Openhab 3 i cant use the Windows App anymore.
If i Open the App i get the Message: “Not able to parse runtime verion from openHAB server”
The App Log is:

time;level;callsite;message;exception;stacktrace
13:50:57;INFO;OpenHAB.Windows.App+<OnLaunched>d__3.MoveNext;=== Start Application ===;;
13:50:57;INFO;OpenHAB.Core.Services.SettingsService.Load;Load settings from disk;;
13:50:57;INFO;OpenHAB.Windows.ViewModel.MainViewModel+<LoadData>d__52.MoveNext;Load available sitemap's and their items;;
13:50:57;INFO;OpenHAB.Core.Services.SettingsService.Load;Load settings from disk;;
13:50:57;INFO;OpenHAB.Core.SDK.OpenHABClient+<SetValidUrl>d__14.MoveNext;Validate Url;;
13:50:57;INFO;OpenHAB.Core.SDK.OpenHABClient+<SetValidUrl>d__14.MoveNext;App is running in demo mode: False;;
13:50:58;INFO;OpenHAB.Core.SDK.OpenHABClient+<SetValidUrl>d__14.MoveNext;Metered Connection Type: False;;
13:50:58;INFO;OpenHAB.Core.Services.SettingsService.Load;Load settings from disk;;
13:50:58;INFO;OpenHAB.Core.Common.OpenHABHttpClient.InitClient;Initialize http client for connection type 'Local';;
13:50:58;INFO;OpenHAB.Core.SDK.OpenHABClient+<SetValidUrl>d__14.MoveNext;OpenHab server is reachable: True;;
13:50:58;INFO;OpenHAB.Core.Services.SettingsService.Load;Load settings from disk;;
13:50:58;INFO;OpenHAB.Core.Common.OpenHABHttpClient.InitClient;Initialize http client for connection type 'Local';;
13:50:59;ERROR;OpenHAB.Core.SDK.OpenHABClient+<GetOpenHABVersion>d__7.MoveNext;Not able to parse runtime verion from openHAB server;;
13:50:59;ERROR;OpenHAB.Windows.ViewModel.MainViewModel+<LoadData>d__52.MoveNext;Load data failed.;"OpenHAB.Core.Model.OpenHABException: Not able to parse runtime verion from openHAB server
   at OpenHAB.Core.SDK.OpenHABClient.<GetOpenHABVersion>d__7.MoveNext() + 0x310
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() + 0x21
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task) + 0x70
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task) + 0x38
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task) + 0x17
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult() + 0x10
   at OpenHAB.Windows.ViewModel.MainViewModel.<LoadData>d__52.MoveNext() + 0x359
";Action.Invoke =>  => ExecutionContext.Run =>  => Action`1.Invoke =>  =>  =>  => <LoadData>d__52.MoveNext

I use openHAB 3.1.0.M3 and the latest Windows Openhab Beta App 2021.2.23.0
Is there some Setting in Openhab i miss to set?

My App Setting:

1 Like

Happening here too… I’m on M5 and having the same error on the windows app:

“Not able to parse runtime verion from openHAB server”

Tried both versions, beta and final.

Hey @elcosomalo and @DaHarry
Thanks for reporting.
I will have a look on the issue in the next days

1 Like

Hi Christoph!

Any news on this?

There was a certification issue with the update 2021.2.26.0 and so I published the same update with minor changes as a new build (2021.7.7.0), which is now available in store.

Improvements:

• Start App on windows logon (#190)

Bugfix:

• Not working with openHAB 3.1.0.M5 #192

The fix from @cd-tronic is now part of the new beta release.

1 Like

New beta update (2021.7.11.0) is available.

Fixes:

• Icons not updateing correctly #195

I would also propose this build as release for the major app, if there is no bigger issue with the build.

Release notes for major update:

Improvements:

• Visibility Condition #94
  • Value and Label Color Condition #76
  • Text Trimming for Widget labels and Text Widget value #75
  • Replaced old SwitchWidget with new implementation based on Toggle Switch #44
  • Adding support for ColorPicker/Color element #73
  • Start App on windows logon #190

Fixes:

• Not working with openHAB 3.1.0.M5 #192
  • Icons not updateing correctly #195

Release is now available as update for the major app with version 2021.7.13.0.
See release thread

Hi guys!
Found another bug, the app is not showing the correct settings that are currently applied for the things I have (in this case “Color ambiente”). That worked on previous versions, only the color was reset, but now the brightness is also reseted.

Changing a value from the app as it is in the image (with wrong values) makes them the new values so if I touch the brightness on the app now as shown in the screenshot, the color would be reset to white and 0% brightness.

Not something that breaks functionality but just to let you know.

Hi

The color picker seems to be broken somehow, to update the values I have to move the brightness bar so it updates to the new values I set.
It is also interfering with the “fader dimmer” rule: Rule to slowly fading in or out any given item based on variables
(It causes the script to always think the last value is %100)

None of these problems happen if I use the sitemap panel in the browser.

Hi,

what Version ob OH do you use?
I also found some strange bevaviour since updating to 3.0.M5.
I had no time to update to the latest version.