Openhab2 Nest binding - 2.2.0.SNAPSHOT An Updated 2.0 Binding that works!

By default there is no support for Fahrenheit in the Nest Binding that comes with 2.2.0.

With 2.2.0 you can use Fahrenheit by adding the JAR from this comment to your /addons directory. Before adding it you should uninstall the existing binding from Paper UI .

The 2.3.0 Nest binding supports Fahrenheit and Celsius on the same channel using the new units of measurement feature of Eclipse SmartHome.

Some of these issues may be due to using the documentation of the OH1 Nest Binding or the 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT version (which shows by default). There’s a dropdown in the top right corner where you can pick the v2.2 documentation instead of latest version:

That’s also the #1 automation I’ve been using the binding for. :slight_smile:

@wborn Wouter,

When I retrieve the new JAR, do I leave the new JAR name as is or rename it to match the existing JAR?
Do I need to worry about the jar.sha1 file?

Do I need to configure something somewhere for these units of measure to be set in order for the Nest binding to make use of them? I do not recall seeing these parameters in any of the settings. Are these implied from the locale?

Mike

P.S.

Indeed, I am using the “latest” documentation. I was not aware of this selection early on in my setup travails… and in fact it was my struggles with setting up the Nest binding that turned me on tho the fact that this documentation version selections exists. Early, early in my openHAB deployment (a whole month ago!), I had Googled “openHAB Nest binding” and the link it returned happened to be the OH1 doc link. I did not know the difference and got really frustrated because I could not get the binding to work properly. I even blew away my entire instance and started over with a clean openHABian flashed image! Well, as soon as I found the “latest” doc, bingo, following those instructions got the Nest binding working in no time flat. So, now I realize that in some instances the “latest” is truly that, the latest as associated with a newer SNAPSHOT rather than the “Release”. One more bit of knowledge to tuck away :wink:

I decided to proceed with a test… I renamed the new JAR to match the original JAR… and temperatures are in F. Still missing some of the channels even using the 2.2 doc… but they are not of consequence to what I’m wnating to automate.

Thanks

That’s good news @meingraham! :slight_smile: The name of the JAR does not really matter.
What might help to get missing channels back is to remove and add the thermostat Thing again.

Sorry in advance, I am new to openhab and must be missing something simple and could really use the help. I have the latest openhabian version installed on a rasp pi and have been able to successfully install a version 1 binding for my garage door and also the phone network presence through the paper UI network binding. Both I can see well in the android app and the basic UI. I then moved on to the Nest binding, through paper UI I have loaded the binding and now have the channels linked and I can adjust my thermostat and see the channel’s values through the control panel in Paper UI, so it works. My issue is I am trying to get the Nest channels to work in the android app/basic UI.

To test my ability to do so, I tried to add just the humidifier value by adding it into my items file by the following:
Number:Dimensionless Therm_UP_Hum “Humidity [%.1f %unit%]” { channel=“nest:thermostat:703015b1:-mq40LgwUjWvXUweq-yQLyQOVHNvWqeU:humidity” }

Having copied the channel from the paper UI and named it Therm_UP_Hum because the thermostat is upstairs

Then my sitemap:
Text item=Therm_UP_Hum label=“Humidity”

Then in my android app and basic UI I lose the icons from my garage door and network presence and they stop working. I also see my thermostat humidity name but no icon and no value. Any help is greatly appreciate.

Welcome
First could you use the code fences when post code, please?

The loss of icons is perplexing but not breaking anything so we’ll tackle that later
If you define the label in your item definition, you don’t need a label parameter in the sitemap, it will override it.
So your sitemap can be:

Text item=Therm_UP_Hum

Simple as that. You should see the value now

The humidity reported by the nest channel is a whole number rounded to the nearest 5% so your item could be:

Number:Dimensionless Therm_UP_Hum “Humidity [%d %%]” { channel=“nest:thermostat:703015b1:-mq40LgwUjWvXUweq-yQLyQOVHNvWqeU:humidity” }

I appreciate your help, but I am still having troubles. When I delete the Nest humidity item and the sitemap humidity item, my icons and functionality return to my garage and presence. Just when I add that third thing to the sitemap, my icons disappear and the functionality of the other two stop working. The Nest humidity item does appear, but again the wrong icon and no value. I’ve combed through the tutorials about sitemap and items but can’t find my mistake.

My items file is small so I’ll post it:

//This is the Items File

//Garage Items File
Switch GarageDoorSwitch "Garage Door Open" <garagedoor> {myq="0"}
Contact GarageDoorContact "Garage Door [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="0"}
String GarageDoorString "Garage Door [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="0"}
Rollershutter GarageDoorShutter "Garage Door Open" <garagedoor> {myq="0"}
String GarageDoorCustomerName "Garage Door Name [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="0#customerName"}
String GarageDoorDesc "Garage Door Desc [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="0#desc"}
String GarageDoorOnline "Garage Door Online [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="0#online"}
String GarageDoorDeviceId "Garage Door Device Id [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="0#MyQDeviceId"}
String GarageDoorDeviceType "Garage Door DeviceType [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="0#MyQDeviceTypeName"}
String GarageDoorSerialNumber "Garage Door SerialNumber [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="0#SerialNumber"}

//Presence Items File
Switch Presence_Ian_Mobile "Ian's Mobile" <network> { channel="network:pingdevice:192_168_7_24:online" }
Switch Presence_Jessica_Mobile "Jessica's Mobile" <network> { channel="network:pingdevice:192_168_7_92:online" }

//Nest Items File
Number:Dimensionless Therm_UP_Hum “Humidity [%d %%]” { channel=“nest:thermostat:703015b1:-mq40LgwUjWvXUweq-yQLyQOVHNvWqeU:humidity” }

My sitemap file is:

sitemap home label="Kendrick Home"
{
       Frame label="Garage Door"
       {
        Text item=GarageDoorString label="Status"
        Switch item=GarageDoorShutter label="Open/Close"
        Text item=GarageDoorOnline label="Connected"
       }

Frame label="Presence"
        {
        Text item=Presence_Ian_Mobile label="Ian's Phone"
        Text item=Presence_Jessica_Mobile label="Jessica's Phone"
        }

Frame label="Nest"
        {
        Text item=Therm_UP_Hum
        }
}

Again, any direction or input is greatly appreciated.

Have you tried removing the :Dimensionless parameter?

I just tried but have the same result

Number Therm_UP_Hum “Humidity [%d %%]” { channel=“nest:thermostat:703015b1:-mq40LgwUjWvXUweq-yQLyQOVHNvWqeU:humidity” }

I finally have it working. I don’t know what exactly I did, but after uninstalling the binding, reinstalling and resetting my raspberry pi it just started working as it should. I appreciate all of your help. It seems like this is the one solution I have been looking for.
Out of curiosity, in regards to the state format in the items definition, the Nest binding example for humidity had [%.1f %unit%] but what ultimately worked was [%d %%] How would I know what to use? I read the state presentation tutorial but it really only had 4 examples.

The setpoint channel is not accepting value
I change the value (via UI or REST) and the value gets reverted back to original value
The other channels work. ambient temperature, humidity and state and read correctly
Only the channel I try to set doesn’t work anymore:

Item:

Number House_NestTargetTemperature           "Target Temperature [%.1f °C]"  <temperature> (Thermostats)                                                                                  { channel="nest:thermostat:bca14bfe:dCd2AOytHIiKRTYPM00jxva1Q3Ryl-jm:set_point", mqtt=">[mybroker:House/Nest/TargetTemperature:state:*:default]" }

DEBUG LOG:

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2018-05-28 08:54:34.847 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Check: Receiving streaming events, millisSinceLastEvent=22132
2018-05-28 08:54:35.180 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'keep-alive' event, data: null
2018-05-28 08:54:35.183 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received message to keep connection alive
==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==
2018-05-28 08:54:52.038 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'House_NestTargetTemperature' received command 20.0
2018-05-28 08:54:52.047 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - House_NestTargetTemperature changed from 19.0 to 20.0
2018-05-28 08:55:04.852 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Check: Receiving streaming events, millisSinceLastEvent=29671
2018-05-28 08:55:05.180 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'keep-alive' event, data: null
2018-05-28 08:55:05.182 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received message to keep connection alive
2018-05-28 08:55:09.849 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'put' event, data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":{"dCd2AOytHIiKRTYPM00jxva1Q3Ryl-jm":{"humidity":60,"locale":"en-GB","temperature_scale":"C","is_using_emergency_heat":false,"has_fan":false,"software_version":"5.8-8","has_leaf":false,"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVpaq0liBNnq9g","device_id":"dCd2AOytHIiKRTYPM00jxva1Q3Ryl-jm","name":"Living Room","can_heat":true,"can_cool":false,"target_temperature_c":19.0,"target_temperature_f":66,"target_temperature_high_c":24.0,"target_temperature_high_f":75,"target_temperature_low_c":20.0,"target_temperature_low_f":68,"ambient_temperature_c":24.0,"ambient_temperature_f":75,"away_temperature_high_c":24.0,"away_temperature_high_f":76,"away_temperature_low_c":9.0,"away_temperature_low_f":49,"eco_temperature_high_c":24.0,"eco_temperature_high_f":76,"eco_temperature_low_c":9.0,"eco_temperature_low_f":49,"is_locked":false,"locked_temp_min_c":20.0,"locked_temp_min_f":68,"locked_temp_max_c":22.0,"locked_temp_max_f":72,"sunlight_correction_active":false,"sunlight_correction_enabled":true,"structure_id":"NxiaUvbKLKt2NX6gsTigy_OsUdVfTl8bOKdE10NMPwDYX0z0xKzYdg","fan_timer_active":false,"fan_timer_timeout":"1970-01-01T00:00:00.000Z","fan_timer_duration":15,"previous_hvac_mode":"","hvac_mode":"heat","time_to_target":"~0","time_to_target_training":"ready","where_name":"Living Room","label":"","name_long":"Living Room Thermostat","is_online":true,"last_connection":"2018-05-28T07:55:09.776Z","hvac_state":"off"}}},"structures":{"NxiaUvbKLKt2NX6gsTigy_OsUdVfTl8bOKdE10NMPwDYX0z0xKzYdg":{"name":"Home","country_code":"GB","postal_code":"WD196LN","time_zone":"Europe/London","away":"home","thermostats":["dCd2AOytHIiKRTYPM00jxva1Q3Ryl-jm"],"structure_id":"NxiaUvbKLKt2NX6gsTigy_OsUdVfTl8bOKdE10NMPwDYX0z0xKzYdg","rhr_enrollment":false,"wheres":{"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVqyyPytIpKObA":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVqyyPytIpKObA","name":"Attic"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVqF6OZ3U9y_Vw":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVqF6OZ3U9y_Vw","name":"Back Door"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVp21yiZBwnv6A":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVp21yiZBwnv6A","name":"Backyard"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVqE6ZjpgK-ouA":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVqE6ZjpgK-ouA","name":"Basement"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrUOY8FmAr4Dw":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrUOY8FmAr4Dw","name":"Bathroom"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVqYV04nrr1L4g":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVqYV04nrr1L4g","name":"Bedroom"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrpQgbCZqug9A":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrpQgbCZqug9A","name":"Deck"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVoVWMzfPgKfVQ":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVoVWMzfPgKfVQ","name":"Den"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrKE9ovA1oW6w":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrKE9ovA1oW6w","name":"Dining Room"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrdek3gu8JzZA":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrdek3gu8JzZA","name":"Downstairs"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVqau6IrRFEo7w":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVqau6IrRFEo7w","name":"Driveway"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVpGWzL16gJfPg":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVpGWzL16gJfPg","name":"Entryway"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVo5ZswC_-mayw":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVo5ZswC_-mayw","name":"Family Room"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVqUqdVFIhP-BA":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVqUqdVFIhP-BA","name":"Front Door"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrfy95Lcc-x3Q":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrfy95Lcc-x3Q","name":"Front Yard"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVpfweMsEZ9jLQ":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVpfweMsEZ9jLQ","name":"Garage"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVqcsskuSx1DUA":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVqcsskuSx1DUA","name":"Guest House"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrnWJZN__EsYw":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrnWJZN__EsYw","name":"Guest Room"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrce28EAaYhnQ":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrce28EAaYhnQ","name":"Hallway"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVpLk9BzS0Qj4w":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVpLk9BzS0Qj4w","name":"Kids Room"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrNDKrCoY4QXg":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrNDKrCoY4QXg","name":"Kitchen"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVpaq0liBNnq9g":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVpaq0liBNnq9g","name":"Living Room"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVos7zv75BepEw":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVos7zv75BepEw","name":"Master Bedroom"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVqEgVZ-vrB9Tw":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVqEgVZ-vrB9Tw","name":"Office"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVpOB2RJfvgLLQ":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVpOB2RJfvgLLQ","name":"Outside"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrZK3irkX9oIg":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVrZK3irkX9oIg","name":"Patio"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVpIi1hRSNuTLA":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVpIi1hRSNuTLA","name":"Shed"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVr0y79WtZNPtg":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVr0y79WtZNPtg","name":"Side Door"},"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVq5DD5Gnhivgg":{"where_id":"0T8uhkAiAtsYrX8xnytAEQcYc--J0UNOtlzUavZJJVq5DD5Gnhivgg","name":"Upstairs"}}}},"metadata":{"access_token":"c.IFHNa7DOeNZFLxNbXn1g2vd5A3yWCAtjpwNk0keTauH6INme07Ci30Sy61UBrr0vuaIsCtp3fgKZlGX6PeaK5LXCIfsXDG4tgwjrgzmmCIgPaxnROg98KifcCGI0iQaGiwDbU9EbM7dKYPj4","client_version":2,"user_id":"z.1.1.sStdZQtWC0/Tm0qrj/HpjNpcsxje4UH8sBtPpVefsLM="}}}
2018-05-28 08:55:09.851 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Data has changed (or initial data sent)
2018-05-28 08:55:09.853 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for thermostat
2018-05-28 08:55:09.855 [DEBUG] [g.nest.handler.NestThermostatHandler] - Updating thermostat dCd2AOytHIiKRTYPM00jxva1Q3Ryl-jm
==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==
2018-05-28 08:55:09.875 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - House_NestTargetTemperature changed from 20.0 to 19.0
2018-05-28 08:55:09.881 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for structure
2018-05-28 08:55:09.884 [DEBUG] [ng.nest.handler.NestStructureHandler] - Updating structure NxiaUvbKLKt2NX6gsTigy_OsUdVfTl8bOKdE10NMPwDYX0z0xKzYdg
2018-05-28 08:55:34.854 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Check: Receiving streaming events, millisSinceLastEvent=25005
2018-05-28 08:55:35.181 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'keep-alive' event, data: null
2018-05-28 08:55:35.182 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received message to keep connection alive
2018-05-28 08:56:04.855 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Check: Receiving streaming events, millisSinceLastEvent=29674
2018-05-28 08:56:05.181 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'keep-alive' event, data: null
2018-05-28 08:56:05.182 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received message to keep connection alive

If you’re using openHAB 2.3.0 that is most likely because your item has no unit (Number and not a Number:Temperature, see items example).

Also make sure that the set_point channel in Paper UI has the Temperature unit:

Selection_022
If it’s showing “Number” you should delete and re-add your thermostat Thing to get the channels updated. That’s because ESH does not yet update Things when their ThingType definitions change (issue #2555).

Then you should be able to send commands (see ESH UoM blog post), e.g.

sendCommand(myTemperature, 20.0|°C)

I thought it was something like that
My item is a Number:Temperature item
I don’t have a rule setting this temperature because the nest actually does a pretty good job at doing it itself (Which incidentaly is the purpose of a “smart” thermostat) I need to overide it something from the UI for example when the wife is feeling cold.

Just to confirm, it works with a rule:

House_NestTargetTemperature.sendCommand(19.0|°C)

It also work from the Classic UI
My issue from HABpanel. That doesn’t work
At least we narrowed it down

I’ll open a new thread under habpanel

This binding has become extremely resource intensive. I’m running on a rpi3b+. When this binding is loaded the CPU jumps up to >200%. Its largely because I have several structures, lots of cameras, thermostats, smoke detectors… so there are updates coming through the REST Streaming API almost every second… An update will come through while it’s still processing the previous update… and another during that (one on top of another).

And the binding processes every single thing every times it updates. I wonder if it would be possible to set limits somehow so that only channels items I care about are updated instantly.

In other words when one of these massive 46,000 character updates gets pushed through, the binding can look for only 3 or 4 things to change if the frequency is greater then 5 minutes… otherwise it can process and update everything.

I’m not exactly sure how that could be implemented. Is anyone else having this problem? I’m open to other suggestions - I just would like this to work without slowing all of my rules to a crawl.

I never noticed this problem with my setup which may have fewer Nest devices and runs on an Intel i5 NUC. What may already help is if the binding would only update linked channels. Maybe you want to test that change with this org.openhab.binding.nest-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar?

There are other changes possible as well but this is the most easiest. :slight_smile:

Also I hope your rules use “changed” conditions with items instead of “received update” conditions because that would also cause a lot of unnecessary processing of rules.

See: [SOLVED] Items: difference between "changed" and "received update".

Thank you so much @wborn. Unfortunately, I don’t notice any change in the amount of time the binding spends processing and the CPU is still full throttle while the binding is installed.

My rules only trigger with changes. I had the same thought initially and vetted everything to make sure. Regardless, the changes that are triggering nest to send an update aren’t even items that trigger rules 99% of the time. It is things like the camera snapshot_url, last_event, or any thing with last_connection (to name a few).

Long ago I trimmed the actual number of channels I have down to only a few per thing that I need to monitor. I was hoping this would help but even with your new change in the snapshot it is the same.

I’d be happy to send you a copy of the DEBUG log if you think that might help.

Can you quantify the device count and the number of updates per second? I’ll then try to simulate it and hook up a profiler to find the biggest bottlenecks.

Absolutely. I tried removing a couple structures to see if there was an improvement, but no such luck. In my current configuration there are 8 cameras, 7 smoke_detectors, 1 structure, 1 thermostat.

Here is a snippet of the actual rest updates (with all of the data removed):

2018-06-22 19:06:58.746 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'put' event, data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":
2018-06-22 19:07:06.517 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'put' event, data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":
2018-06-22 19:07:35.337 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'put' event, data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":
2018-06-22 19:07:43.199 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'put' event, data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":
2018-06-22 19:07:52.343 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'put' event, data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":
2018-06-22 19:08:00.259 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'put' event, data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":
2018-06-22 19:08:08.003 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'put' event, data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":
2018-06-22 19:08:15.805 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'put' event, data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":
2018-06-22 19:08:29.747 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'put' event, data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":
2018-06-22 19:08:37.668 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'put' event, data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":
2018-06-22 19:08:45.534 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'put' event, data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":

So at the moment it’s updating once every 8 seconds or so.

Here is the an example of the debug log in between 2 updates… the log just keeps rolling and rolling. There is seemingly no break from one update and processing to the next update. Almost every update is like this with no break.

2018-06-22 19:06:58.746 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'put' event, data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":........
2018-06-22 19:06:58.751 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Data has changed (or initial data sent)
2018-06-22 19:06:58.777 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for thermostat
2018-06-22 19:06:58.788 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for camera
2018-06-22 19:06:58.798 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for camera
2018-06-22 19:06:58.808 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for camera
2018-06-22 19:06:58.818 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for camera
2018-06-22 19:06:58.828 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for camera
2018-06-22 19:06:58.839 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for camera
2018-06-22 19:06:58.849 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for camera
2018-06-22 19:06:58.859 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for camera
2018-06-22 19:06:58.869 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for smoke detector
2018-06-22 19:06:58.879 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for smoke detector
2018-06-22 19:06:58.889 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for smoke detector
2018-06-22 19:06:58.901 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for smoke detector
2018-06-22 19:06:58.911 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for smoke detector
2018-06-22 19:07:01.706 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for smoke detector
2018-06-22 19:07:01.711 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for smoke detector
2018-06-22 19:07:01.713 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam1_deviceId is not handling update for cam2_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.715 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Updating camera cam1_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.804 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam1_deviceId is not handling update for cam3_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.806 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam1_deviceId is not handling update for cam4_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.808 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam1_deviceId is not handling update for cam5_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.810 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam1_deviceId is not handling update for cam6_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.812 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam1_deviceId is not handling update for cam7_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.814 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam1_deviceId is not handling update for cam8_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.816 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam3_deviceId is not handling update for cam2_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.818 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam3_deviceId is not handling update for cam1_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.820 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Updating camera cam3_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.892 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam3_deviceId is not handling update for cam4_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.894 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam3_deviceId is not handling update for cam5_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.896 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam3_deviceId is not handling update for cam6_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.897 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam3_deviceId is not handling update for cam7_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.899 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam3_deviceId is not handling update for cam8_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.901 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam4_deviceId is not handling update for cam2_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.903 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam4_deviceId is not handling update for cam1_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.904 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam4_deviceId is not handling update for cam3_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.906 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Updating camera cam4_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.975 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam4_deviceId is not handling update for cam5_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.977 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam4_deviceId is not handling update for cam6_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.979 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam4_deviceId is not handling update for cam7_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.980 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam4_deviceId is not handling update for cam8_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:01.982 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Updating camera cam2_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.052 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam2_deviceId is not handling update for cam1_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.054 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam2_deviceId is not handling update for cam3_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.056 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam2_deviceId is not handling update for cam4_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.057 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam2_deviceId is not handling update for cam5_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.059 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam2_deviceId is not handling update for cam6_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.060 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam2_deviceId is not handling update for cam7_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.062 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam2_deviceId is not handling update for cam8_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.064 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam8_deviceId is not handling update for cam2_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.065 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam8_deviceId is not handling update for cam1_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.067 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam8_deviceId is not handling update for cam3_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.068 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam8_deviceId is not handling update for cam4_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.070 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam8_deviceId is not handling update for cam5_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.071 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam8_deviceId is not handling update for cam6_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.073 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam8_deviceId is not handling update for cam7_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.074 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Updating camera cam8_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.147 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke1_deviceId is not handling update for smoke2_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.149 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke1_deviceId is not handling update for smoke3_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.151 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke1_deviceId is not handling update for smoke4_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.153 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke1_deviceId is not handling update for smoke5_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.154 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke1_deviceId is not handling update for smoke6_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.156 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Updating smoke detector smoke1_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.230 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke1_deviceId is not handling update for smoke7_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.232 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam7_deviceId is not handling update for cam2_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.234 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam7_deviceId is not handling update for cam1_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.236 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam7_deviceId is not handling update for cam3_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.238 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam7_deviceId is not handling update for cam4_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.242 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam7_deviceId is not handling update for cam5_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.245 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam7_deviceId is not handling update for cam6_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.248 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Updating camera cam7_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.320 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam7_deviceId is not handling update for cam8_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.321 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam5_deviceId is not handling update for cam2_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.323 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam5_deviceId is not handling update for cam1_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.324 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam5_deviceId is not handling update for cam3_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.326 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam5_deviceId is not handling update for cam4_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.327 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Updating camera cam5_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.399 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam5_deviceId is not handling update for cam6_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.401 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam5_deviceId is not handling update for cam7_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.402 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam5_deviceId is not handling update for cam8_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.404 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam6_deviceId is not handling update for cam2_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.405 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam6_deviceId is not handling update for cam1_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.407 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam6_deviceId is not handling update for cam3_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.408 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam6_deviceId is not handling update for cam4_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.410 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam6_deviceId is not handling update for cam5_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.411 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Updating camera cam6_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.489 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam6_deviceId is not handling update for cam7_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.491 [DEBUG] [nding.nest.handler.NestCameraHandler] - Camera cam6_deviceId is not handling update for cam8_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.494 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke5_deviceId is not handling update for smoke2_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.496 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke5_deviceId is not handling update for smoke3_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.498 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke5_deviceId is not handling update for smoke4_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.500 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Updating smoke detector smoke5_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.575 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke5_deviceId is not handling update for smoke6_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.578 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke5_deviceId is not handling update for smoke1_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.580 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke5_deviceId is not handling update for smoke7_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.581 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke7_deviceId is not handling update for smoke2_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.583 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke7_deviceId is not handling update for smoke3_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.585 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke7_deviceId is not handling update for smoke4_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.587 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke7_deviceId is not handling update for smoke5_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.588 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke7_deviceId is not handling update for smoke6_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.590 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke7_deviceId is not handling update for smoke1_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.591 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Updating smoke detector smoke7_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:02.738 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Updating smoke detector smoke2_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.728 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke2_deviceId is not handling update for smoke3_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.730 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke2_deviceId is not handling update for smoke4_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.731 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke2_deviceId is not handling update for smoke5_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.733 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke2_deviceId is not handling update for smoke6_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.735 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke2_deviceId is not handling update for smoke1_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.738 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke2_deviceId is not handling update for smoke7_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.740 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke6_deviceId is not handling update for smoke2_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.743 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke6_deviceId is not handling update for smoke3_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.745 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke6_deviceId is not handling update for smoke4_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.748 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke6_deviceId is not handling update for smoke5_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.750 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Updating smoke detector smoke6_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.869 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke6_deviceId is not handling update for smoke1_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.874 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke6_deviceId is not handling update for smoke7_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.876 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke3_deviceId is not handling update for smoke2_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.878 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Updating smoke detector smoke3_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.970 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke3_deviceId is not handling update for smoke4_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.972 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke3_deviceId is not handling update for smoke5_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.974 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke3_deviceId is not handling update for smoke6_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.977 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke3_deviceId is not handling update for smoke1_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.978 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke3_deviceId is not handling update for smoke7_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.980 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke4_deviceId is not handling update for smoke2_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.982 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke4_deviceId is not handling update for smoke3_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:05.983 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Updating smoke detector smoke4_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:06.075 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke4_deviceId is not handling update for smoke5_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:06.077 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke4_deviceId is not handling update for smoke6_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:06.078 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke4_deviceId is not handling update for smoke1_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:06.082 [DEBUG] [est.handler.NestSmokeDetectorHandler] - Smoke detector smoke4_deviceId is not handling update for smoke7_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:06.084 [DEBUG] [g.nest.handler.NestThermostatHandler] - Updating thermostat therm1_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:06.337 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.NestDiscoveryService] - thingDiscovered called for structure
2018-06-22 19:07:06.340 [DEBUG] [ng.nest.handler.NestStructureHandler] - Updating structure structure1_deviceId
2018-06-22 19:07:06.517 [DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Received 'put' event, data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":
1 Like

I alsio see this line showing up frequently in the logs. So maybe the update rate is even more frequent but the processor can only get to it every 7-8 seconds. I’m supposing it gets added to a queue?

[DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Check: Receiving streaming events, millisSinceLastEvent=3321
[DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Check: Receiving streaming events, millisSinceLastEvent=7607
[DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Check: Receiving streaming events, millisSinceLastEvent=4003
[DEBUG] [nternal.rest.NestStreamingRestClient] - Check: Receiving streaming events, millisSinceLastEvent=24