openHABian hassle-free openHAB Setup

openHABIan is just scripts to load packages, these you can update individually.
Also the installer updates itself automatically.

Hm, maybe Iā€™m mixing things up. If I look here: https://github.com/openhab/openhabian/milestone/2 Those changes are not being propagated into the installer when it auto-updates, are they?
I try to keep away from custom and manual tweaks on this system, thatā€™s why I rather not update the scripts individually but keep on the automatic track.

Hi thread!
I have started a small effort of clearing out the worst technical dept built up, hopefully in time with upcoming 2.4 OpenHAB release.

Please join in and contribute. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Martin.
Which password do you exactly try to change, which service?
openhab, systempassword?

How long is the password, any special chars?
Can you make up a similar password so I can reproduce the error?

Node RED install is now working flawlessly! Thank you!

Hi Elias!

It has been a while since I tried to change passwords. I finally did it via the terminal. But if Iā€™m remembering correctly it was the systempassword, openhab and samba.

The password length was around 10-14 characters long. The password had similar format as this: AlfaABC5!

Hope this helps!

Hello there & thanks for all the hard work on openHABian!

I just wanted to leave some feedback on how my install went yesterday on a fresh minimal Debian Strech netinstall in a VM. I leaned on the documentation from https://www.openhab.org/docs/installation/openhabian.html .

1: You need to have a user for openhab to run as already when you run the install script, it is the first question i got asked. So, stop the installer, adduser openhab, and restart the installerā€¦

2: The documentation also starts off with sudoā€™ing. On a bare debian install there is no sudoā€¦ (okay, iā€™ll give you that, it is minor issue)

3: installing influx and grafana did not work due to the installer pulling an arm-Architecture Package on a amd64-Architeture machine.

the rest seems to have gone swimminglyā€¦ i will post more feedback if there is interest. should this have gone in a new topic, or is it fine here?

many thanks & best regards, merry xmas!
Sebastian

Thanks for creating this script.

Iā€™ve just used it to configure an ODroid C2 running Ubuntu, using the root user.

Other than tweaking the Samba users names, it all works really well.

I just need to work out how to useā€¦

Node-Red
Influxdb
Grafana

1 Like

Hi all,

after a HD-crash i installed a fresh openhabian on my Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
When i install FireMotD form the openhabian-config, and try an ssh login i get:

2018-12-26 01:15:32,022: FireMotD: Info: No FireMotD ExportFile detected. Please generate with "sudo .\FireMotD -S"

i gave it a second try with the openhabian-config and noticed this message after leaving openhabian-config

$ bash /opt/FireMotD/FireMotD -S
2018-12-26 01:18:04,378: FireMotD: Error: Template folder doesn't exist. Upgrading from an older version? Please run make again or run the install function "FireMotD -I -v".

when i run the suggested ā€œFireMotD -I -vā€ everything seams to be fine.

anyone else having the same problem/bug, or is it individual on my side?

happy christmass

garionth

Hi All!

Today Iā€™ve updated my openHABian installation to the latest snapshot release (2.5.0~S1479-1 (Build #1479)). After that, OH2 is not starting anymore (see: openHAB not starting after update (ServerSessionImpl - InterruptedByTimeoutException: null) for details).

Therefore, currently I suggest not to update your openHABian installation!

SOLVED! Cleaning the cache made it working again!

How do I completely remove the FIND server and dependencies again?

1 Like

Iā€™ve a question. The images are prepared for Pine A64 and Iā€™d like to know if the image would also work for PINE A64 - LTS, the hardware configurations is little different than the previous hw version. The problem is that the original Pine A64 is not being sold any more.

Does OpenHABian supports Banana Pi BPI-M64 ?

Please provide the link to download if it is there.

Otherwise please guide what needs to be done to add support for it in OpenHABian.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Marcin_Jabrzyk
I donā€™t think the prebuild image will work as it is based on a specific image for the original version PINE64.
The script however will work. Please see Hartmannā€™s post above.

Cheers,

The script does currently not support a automatic removal.
You could work it out your self what to remove by looking at the script itself, https://github.com/openhab/openhabian/blob/master/functions/packages.bash#L221.

// EG

Please open a bug ticket on this at www.github.com/openhab/openhabian

// EG.

Same issue here, with the firemot, is there any manual way to fix it?..

Thanks for your input Sebastian

1: Did you run the script from the menu ā€œfresh installā€ ?
2. True, letā€™s update the doc.
3. I think this is fixed now, will check it out.

// EG