openHABian hassle-free openHAB Setup

Thank you so much!

I bought a raspberry pi4 and I can’t install the latest version of openhabian 1.5 with the last image file.
I think it’s a java problem.
Can you help me?

Hello,
I am testing Openhab on Raspberry Pi using Openhabian. every time the device Pi is turn off and on it should go trough the process of installing everything? or after first boot and set-up it should go directly to start Openhab?

Regards,

Is the openhabian 1.4 version on rsp pi3b still working? Clearly on the stable openhab version 2.4.

it’s one time installation script and start only at first boot

Nope, you have to wait a new build because a thirth part link it’s changed. OR you could install actual 1.5 and manually modify the link (you should find a lot of thread on the forum)

Unfortunately the 1.5 I was not able to install it neither with the rasp p3 than with the p4. Unfortunately I got stuck !!! With the previous versions everything was ok now I can’t install openhabian anymore and so I got stuck. Help !!

Ok I solved it.
I replaced the micro sd it worked.

Consider enabling ZRAM this time.

Ok Thank

I tried to install openhabian today for the first time on a new SD for a friend. I wanted to watch the installation progress with the technique mentioned in the documentation. Unfortunately it is not working:

What’s your hostname ? Try using that for the embedded link (http://<hostname>/first-boot.txt).

This did not work when I installed opehabian 1.5 either. Not on PI 3B+ or PI4. But OpenHab work after installation is complete :slight_smile:

That worked!

Hi Guys,

I’m about to set up a Pi4 as my new Openhab Server. I’m familiar with openhabian and wanted to use it again. Now there are some Enhancements and Bugfixes which aren’t included in the current version. The current version 1.5 is from August and I was wondering if a new one might be coming soon. Is it possible for me to just compile an up to date version myself?

From what I understand builds are failing so probably not?
https://travis-ci.org/openhab/openhabian/builds

openHABian updates itself to the latest published version to include all committed updates to date.
So no need for you to compile anything (btw it is scripts - hard to compile those, that is)

Hello. I have another loginname/password problem. I just finished installing v1.5 on my RPi3 (openHABian image).
When the Pi (connected to a monitor) asks me to put in a “openhab login:” and password i tried all of the following:
(loginname:password)
openhabian:openhabian
openHabian:openHabian
openHabian:Habianopen
openhab:openhab
openhab:openhabian
openhab2:hab2open

I checked the openhab.conf file and there was:
hostname: openhab
username: openhabian
password: openhabian

but that didnt work.

Does anyone have a clue why it is like that?
Also SSH via CMD(Win) or Terminal(Linux) or puTTy doenst work either. I can connect via IP (not DNS name or anything, only IP works) but none of the logins work.

Im really frustrated rn.

EDIT:
The Pi is connected via Wifi into the main network, seen and identified by router. Named ‘openhab’.
The setup didnt give me any error/warning message. One LED (red one) is shining.
The browser access works because no login required. I installed ‘exec binding’ and ‘network binding’.

Greetz. Julian

Carefully read again:

Eventually the installation didn’t fully succeed or hasn’t finished by the time you tried.

And how did you check openhab.conf when you cannot login? If you can then you can also change the password via openhabian-config.

Did you really read the install-doc completely ? You tried a lot of variations to login, but the standard is:
Login-Name: openhabian
Password: habopen

Try it!!:wink:

openhabian/habopen is default for Karaf console
 Not SSH.

Sorry, my fault :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like