Openhabian - update openhab2 UIs being installed

@ThomDietrich - great work with the openhabian package - I really like it. Worked perfect so far!

Now I tried
these steps to change from openhab2-online to openhab2, followed the instructions and got an error after restarting openhab2
about failed installation of all my bindings:

2017-01-10 11:40:33.664 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-hue, openhab-binding-exec, openhab-binding-network, openhab-binding-weather1, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-misc-ruleengine, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-action-telegram, openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-action-mail, openhab-binding-fritzboxtr0641, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-wol1, openhab-binding-samsungtv’: Error

Besides that when I go to http://openhabianpi:8080 I just get the message “UIs being installed”…

Not sure what I missed or got wrong - upgrade and modification of repos went smooth without visible errors.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards, Bernd

PS: First post for me in this great community :relaxed:

Hey Bernd!

Simple answer first: Did you try another restart/reboot? I saw a small hiccup (different one) myself at first start after the switch.

Yes, restarted OH twice, just rebooted the whole pi… it feels like it is stalled in the upgrade somewhere?

Within openhab.log it throws the following error messages on startup of OH2:

2> 017-01-10 11:40:25.613 [WARN ] [url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver] - Error resolving artifact org.openhab.distro:openhab-addons-legacy:xml:features:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT: [Could not find $

java.io.IOException: Error resolving artifact org.openhab.distro:openhab-addons-legacy:xml:features:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT: [Could not find artifact org.openhab.distro:openhab-addons-legacy:xm$
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:720)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:659)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:600)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:567)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:557)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.Connection.getInputStream(Connection.java:123)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1045)[:1.8.0_111]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.RepositoryImpl.load(RepositoryImpl.java:91)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.loadRepository(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:451)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.addRepository(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:467)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.addRepository(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:462)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8]
at org.openhab.core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller.setLegacyExtensions(FeatureInstaller.java:232)[167:org.openhab.core.karaf:2.0.0.201701091302]
at org.openhab.core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller.access$1(FeatureInstaller.java:228)[167:org.openhab.core.karaf:2.0.0.201701091302]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_111]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_111]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_111]
Caused by: shaded.org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Error resolving artifact org.openhab.distro:openhab-addons-legacy:xml:features:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:444)
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:246)
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:223)
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveArtifact(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:294)
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:705)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
… 16 more
2017-01-10 11:40:33.629 [WARN ] [url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver] - Error resolving artifact org.openhab.binding:org.openhab.binding.weather:jar:1.9.0-SNAPSHOT: [Could not find ar$
java.io.IOException: Error resolving artifact org.openhab.binding:org.openhab.binding.weather:jar:1.9.0-SNAPSHOT: [Could not find artifact org.openhab.binding:org.openhab.binding.weath$
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:720)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:659)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:600)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:567)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadTask.download(MavenDownloadTask.java:36)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.AbstractRetryableDownloadTask.run(AbstractRetryableDownloadTask.java:60)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)[:1.8.0_111]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)[:1.8.0_111]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)[:1.8.0_111]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)[:1.8.0_111]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_111]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_111]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_111]
Caused by: shaded.org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Error resolving artifact org.openhab.binding:org.openhab.binding.weather:jar:1.9.0-SNAPSHOT
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:444)
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:246)
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:223)
at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveArtifact(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:294)
at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:705)[7:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.5.2]
… 12 more

Did you do any changes to /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg prior to this update? Please check the file and comment all active lines.

Thank you for your reply and help! I did not touch addons.cfg - installed every addon through paperui in the past. Just checked the addons.cfg and all lines a commented.

Okay something is different with your installation. First you could try to just get all bindings offline just as before:

sudo apt install openhab2-addons openhab2-addons-legacy

If this doesn’t change anything. Do a backup, then purge and reinstall:

sudo apt purge openhab2*
sudo apt install openhab2
1 Like

Thank you @ThomDietrich! This solved the problem. I did a reinstall of the bindings and things a running smoothly again.

BTW: Once we reach the official OH2 release would it be possible to upgrade the existing openHABian snapshot installation to the release level or will a reinstall be necessary?

Wonderful!

openHABian is supposed to install openHAB 2.0 stable as soon as it is available. It should then also be possible to switch over for you. There will be the option to switch over to betas and snapshots later.

@ThomDietrich - just risked to update to the latest snapshot with the same results as a few days ago. :confused: However this time the manual re-installation of the bindings did not solve the problem. I did a purge an reinstall. openhab running empty and with restored data in /conf works. But when I started restoring /userdata and restarted openhab it is not coming up:

pi@openHABianPi:/$ tail -f /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.location.Locker_JavaNio.lock(Locker_JavaNio.java:36)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.lock(StorageManager.java:388)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.open(StorageManager.java:701)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.getChildStorageManager(Storage.java:1760)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.getInfoInputStream(Storage.java:1777)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.<init>(Storage.java:128)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.createStorage(Storage.java:87)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.<init>(EquinoxContainer.java:75)
        ... 4 more

Is there a chance I can reuse my backup of /userdata ?? (especially things, zwave conf, jsondb content etc. …)

confused regards,
Bernd

Looks scary. I would guess that one of your userdata files is defective. You should try to copy back your files step by step to find the file. If it’s an important one, open a new issue with the specific error and hopefully somebody will be able to help.