It was working perfectly… until last night
- BTicino MyHomeServer1, firmware 2.14.16, connected via LAN to the modem which assignes a fixed local IP of 192.168.0.2
Raspberry Pi 3 model B with Raspbian + Docker, connected via WiFi to the same network of the MyHomeServer
- Container 1: MQTT broker (image pascaldevink/rpi-mosquitto), running with --net=host - shouldn’t be relevant for the issue
- Container 2: Node-RED (image nodered/node-red-docker:rpi) which I use for MQTT messages handling, all the logic and external communication (listens to openHAB events & sends openHAB commands through the node-red-contrib-openhab2 node); only port 1880 is binded to host port 1880
- Container 3: openHAB v2.5.0.M1 (image openhab/openhab:milestone, installed following [official guide), running with --net=host, which I use just for the binding to the MyHomeServer1 (I installed the binding following the README-beta, so also installing the two features through Karaf)
At my first install, the binding correctly found my gateway, connected to it and discovered all the Switch and Automation Things, which I added to openHAB. Status of Things was correctly received from the gateway, and commands were correctly received by the MyHomeServer1 from openHAB. Also Node-RED <-> openHAB connection was doing great. Dreamland, basically.
Yesterday evening, I installed Dataplicity daemon on the RPi (not on a container), to have a Wormhole on port 80 and be able to use IFTTT with Node-RED - this in my opinion shouldn’t impact OH configuration, but I’m adding it for completness.
All of a sudden (but not right after Dataplicity install), MyHomeServer1 stopped receiving commands from OH, and OH displayed OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR status.
By enabling log at debug level as per README-beta, this is what I see in log:tail when I try to re-set the connection:
12:27:27.053 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ThingUpdatedEvent ] - Thing 'openwebnet:bus_gateway:myhome' has been updated. 12:27:27.055 [DEBUG] [ebnet.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] - ==OWN== BridgeHandler.initialize() 12:27:27.063 [DEBUG] [ebnet.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] - ==OWN== Bridge type: openwebnet:bus_gateway 12:27:27.058 [DEBUG] [ebnet.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] - ==OWN== BridgeHandler.getConfigStatus() 12:27:27.074 [DEBUG] [ebnet.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] - ==OWN== Creating new BUS gateway with config properties: 192.168.0.2:20000, pwd=********* 12:27:27.085 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ConfigStatusInfoEvent] - ConfigStatusInfo [configStatusMessages=] 12:27:27.086 [DEBUG] [rg.openwebnet.bus.MyHomeJavaConnector] - ##gw-openwebnet-connector## Created MyHomeJavaConnector 192.168.0.2:20000 12:27:27.119 [DEBUG] [ebnet.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] - ==OWN== Trying to connect gateway... 12:27:27.147 [ERROR] [org.openwebnet.AbstractOpenGateway ] - ERROR IN Java $MODULE$: connection cannot be established 12:27:27.157 [DEBUG] [ebnet.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] - ==OWN== BridgeHandler.getConfigStatus() 12:27:27.179 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ConfigStatusInfoEvent] - ConfigStatusInfo [configStatusMessages=] 12:27:42.994 [INFO ] [ebnet.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] - ==OWN== BridgeHandler status still UNKNOWN. Setting device=openwebnet:bus_gateway:myhome to OFFLINE 12:27:43.015 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'openwebnet:bus_gateway:myhome' changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
Please also note that:
- BTicino official MyHome_UP app (v2.4.0) still works in local mode (both with Installer Code and User Code) and in remote mode (mail+password)
- If I send something to the MyHomeServer1 using a simple Node-RED flow, I get
- In the OH Inbox I see a detected gateway:
BUS Gateway MyHomeSERVER1 (192.168.0.2, v2.14)- if I add it, I get the same error
- I think MyHomeServer1 firmware v2.14.16 is quite new
Things that I tried to fix the issue (with no luck)
- Rebooting RPi and MyHomeServer1
- Restarting Docker service
- Restarting OH container
- Executing OH while Node-RED was stopped
- Deleting the OH container and re-building it (using the same mounted volumes to keep user data)
- Re-building the OH container using image v2.4.0 (instead of milestone), also with completely fresh install (no prior user data)
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the binding
- Removing and re-adding the gateway Thing
- Using HABmin interface instead of Paper UI to add the gateway
- Changing OPEN password from the app, updating the details on OH
Unfortunately I don’t speak Java and I’m quite new to OH, therefore I can’t dive into the code and try to do a deeper level debugging.
If anyone is willing to help me on this, I’d be super grateful!