OSRAM Lightify Openhab2 Binding

Well. Still struggling with this. Been googling and searching and tried this little rule, but still not sure how you can get the dimmer level of Color Bulb.

rule "Get Dimmer Value"
when
Item FF_Lightify_LED_TV changed
then
FF_LED_Dim_Level = (FF_Lightify_LED_TV.state as HSBType).getBrightness
end

Is org.openhab.binding.osramlightify-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar the latest version?

Should it work with the GardenSpot devices? It doesn’t see mine.

@noctarius and @mjagdis

Has this binding been officially released yet?

If not, is 2.2.0.201712151711 the latest version? This version worked great for 3-4 days, then stopped responding until I went into the Karaf console and issued a bundle:restart command.

The latest should be a 2.4 version and should be available via
the marketplace. However my marketplace addon is currently
complaining about “handshake failures” (even though the URL it
uses seems to work fine). If you can’t get the right version via
the marketplace addon you can download it from the PR or from the
entry at and put it in your
addons folder.

Mike

Thanks, I finally found it using a Google search at https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.osramlightify/2.4.0-SNAPSHOT/

I’m experiencing the same issue as @idean does. I’m using openHAB 2.3.0 and have installed the addon via market place.

Is it possible to use the 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT version with openHAB 2.3.0?

@idean: Does using the latest snapshot build resolve the problem?

@mjagdis: Regarding the handshake failures, see [SOLVED] Failed downloading Marketplace entries: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure for a fix

I’m still having the same issue with 2.4. I’ve resorted to restarting the binding nightly.

Hmm, too bad. Have have you achieved this auto-restart?

I’m on linux, so I installed sshpass and then created a crontab entry:

35 4 * * * sshpass -p habopen  ssh -p 8101 openhab@localhost bundle:restart org.openhab.binding.osramlightify

Note that it helps, but it doesn’t solve the issue. Sometimes it quits working before my nightly restart, so I have no control of my Lightify until I do it manually.

Hmm, for me restarting the bundle did not help. When I rebooted my openHAB system, it works though. I’ve added a nightly reboot now.

@idean: Can you see anything in the logs indicating that the binding has a problem? Maybe in TRACE loglevel? I haven’t spotted anything yet.

I found that reducing the maximum polling interval of the lightify hub to 3 seconds instead of the default caused this problem and the problem of my hub going unresponsive to openhab2 both to disappear. Seems to keep the hub responsive and as long as the hub is responsive the memory and cpu cycles leaks both evaporated.

Just a quick update: the nightly reboot is not a good solution since the JIT compiler takes some time to process rules for e.g. light switches in my home – so one has a delay of a couple of seconds on first use of the day…

@jgreene: Can you post a screenshot of your gateway settings as reference?

These are my settings which appear to work well. No reboot neither a restart of the binding since about 5 days. Over 80.000 requests have been sent to the gateway in that time.

sorry just saw that reqest…it stopped working at all for me as of last lightify update

@ceedee are those gateway settings still working for you? I’m using 2.5.0 snapshot and am seeing the same issue with the gateway going unresponsive in the binding, but still working via the Lightify app. I’ll apply them tonight and see if it does anything for me.

Hi,

on my installation - it didn’t work for me anymore on the current 2.5.0 snapshot. I had to switch back to the stable-version :frowning:

Thanks for the feedback @_Jens. What version are you currently running? The latest (2.4.0 I think) from the marketplace? Are you seeing good results with that version and those configuration parameters now?

@mjagdis is this unresponsiveness issue something you’ve been able to recreate? Happy to provide any data I can if needed

Blockquote What version are you currently running? The latest (2.4.0 I think) from the marketplace? Are you seeing good results with that version and those configuration parameters now?

I’m now running 4.2.1 with the (current) marketplace Version of the Lightify AddOn about a week and got no problems since then.

Would it be possible to integrate support for RGB Devices in the binding. I have a Osram Garden Spot Mini which RGB (without W) and it is not discovered by the binding. With assistance I would be able provide needed information.

Just set the log level to TRACE for long enough to catch a status update and post it here.