Paradox EVO Binding

So finally I have cleared catch and tmp folders. Restarted OH with latest version (above 100k). Manual install screen was ok, I could add IP150 handler through PaperUI. But it is offline due to communication error. Here is the log in Openahb.log:

Now I put back the old version. It works, reads partition and zone states as I wrote before. Trick was that I had to delete temp and catch folders after the new version. Before that it had the same error than the new one. So the problem is in the new version, but old one can be reinstalled only with delete of temp data.

Hi,
Iā€™m afraid I canā€™t see what really happens in the binding in INFO logging level. If youā€™d like to give it another try please follow the steps bellow:

• Please check how to extract Paradox logging in separate file from this reply of mine: Paradox EVO Binding
  • Then make the logging level not to TRACE as mentioned in my reply there but to DEBUG. This is safe setting from security perspective.
  • When you do that, please restart with the new binding and provide me the log file (in text format). With screenshots will be hard to show all the information that is dumped in DEBUG level.

I donā€™t have such behavior on my machine and I will need to have deeper look in the DEBUG logs.

Ok. I need some time. I will prapare the log file in a way that you request. There must be something with my system. Now the old binding stopped in the same way and this is new for me as well. I use screenshoot only when I try to be quick and log info is short.

Latest, that I cleared tmp and catch, made modification for debug logging. Now logging works. Most interesting that the new binding started to work as well. So will see how stable it is.

After one day of working it has stoppend and I have this error message repeated in the log file:
paradox new binding.log (8.0 KB)
Unfortunatelly I have 10 log files, and problem was started somwhen yesterday night, but beginning of the problem has dissapeared. If needed, than I reset the binding and try to catch it.

So just to summarize:

• You managed to run the new binding successfully now and it ran for ~1 day.
  • The log files are capture with new binding and socket timeout occurs. This is probably why the binding disconnects also on my system from time to time. I need to implement a simple reconnect functionality. Will put that in my backlog.

As a workaround I have configured the following item:
String paradoxSendCommand ā€œSend command to IP150ā€ {channel=ā€œparadoxalarm:ip150:ip150:communicationCommandā€}

and in sitemap:
Switch item=paradoxSendCommand mappings=[ā€œLOGOUTā€=ā€œLogoutā€, ā€œLOGINā€=ā€œLoginā€, ā€œRESETā€=ā€œResetā€]

With this when you trigger reset it recreates the socket connection.
Iā€™ll try to automate this so it reconnect automatically. Just need to make sure not to reconnect when itā€™s in LOGOUT state. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I could reset the connection and this workaround works.

Hi,
I think Iā€™ve implemented auto-reconnect functionality but itā€™s under testnig nowā€¦ :slight_smile:
The behavior is that if we receive socket timeout during normal scheduled refresh operation, i.e. not logged off by the button intentionally, I will reinitiate a full logout/login procedure from scratch. I think thatā€™s the most robust approach. Any objections?

Cheers,
K.

Hello, I think the built in reinitiate function will be sufficient. Restart with this way just a few seconds. Any news about the test and refresh?

Yeah. So far it looks good to me. Iā€™ll publish a new .jar later today and will notify you here.
Just prefer to have confirmation from you or any other community member that it works OK before I create a pull request to the main branch.

Cheers,

K.

New version has been uploaded.
@kovacsi2899 if youā€™re willing to give it a try, I would appreciate your feedback if the disconnect issue is solved. For me it works for couple of days already but you never knowā€¦ :slight_smile:

Thanks! So far so good. It works with 2.5.0M3. Iā€™ll come back a few day later about stability.

Iā€™ve just checked the binding list:

It seems that this binding is included in 2.5.0M3. Whitch version is it? I wonā€™t uninstall the new snapshot now. Letā€™s see the stability first, Than I try to swap to the built in version, if it is the same.

The built in addon version in 2.5.0.M3 is the one without the fix Iā€™m mentioning about, but all in all it should be working just fine with exception that in certain cases when there is live event in the response from Paradox it will lead to an exception in the scheduled task that polls on every 5 seconds. This results in ending the scheduled task and the workaround is to do a reset on the communicator part which reconnects and reinitiates the scheduled task. I hope that I fixed that in the custom .jar.
If the fix I provided here as a binary in the .jar is OK I will probably create a PR which should be included in M4 if all wents good.

Btwā€¦ Iā€™m way behind the milestone releases. Iā€™m on M01 still because I run it on synology and there the upgrade script does not work because synology does not have GZIP but instead it has 7zip so it consumes some time to do the manual upgrade and I canā€™t afford to loose this time right now.

Cheers,
K.

OK. I use latest 2.5.0.M3 on Intel NUC PC with Windows 10. I will let you know if I have any stop during the week or confirm that it works without no poblem on the weekend. Max time was 1,5 days without any stop before. So if it does not stop till Saturday, Sunday it must be fine.

I configured notifications on partition arm/disarm/in alarm events change in OpenHAB.
There is something weird I noticed. It seems that after ā€œArmā€ command, the binding reads partition as armed, then disarmed, then armed again, disarmed again, and at the end it becomes fully armed.
I will check why this is happening. Maybe the consolidated status calculation is wrongā€¦
Disarm is more straightforward. When you disarm, only a single disarm is received.

Unfortunatelly the binding stops. I have reinstalled logging, but I canā€™t trace back as only 10 files are kept.

Ok. Iā€™ll try to reduce DEBUG messages to something that does not produce so much logs and will upload new .jar. We need logs if we have to fix the issueā€¦
Will let you know as soon as possibleā€¦

Gents, great work on this binding and thanks!

I see Paradox is stopping their support for the old version of firmware on the IP150. What version of the firmware of the IP150 and Evo do you support with this binding? I have not upgraded as yet.

Sorry if you have stated this, i did not see such a port.

Ruben