Paradox EVO Binding

Hello,

as I can see in https://github.com/ParadoxAlarmInterface/pai they already implement support for IP150 >4.0

Edward

2 Likes

I canā€™t connect, i have the BW v5.2.5 an the latest firmware on the IP150.

Hi Konstantin,

I use now 2.5M6. I have updated and it works fine. I think I need to start with clean user data in order to rebuild the binding structure. Can you give me some details, where these parameters will be? I guess in IP150 panel settings. I will finish trial till this weekend. Thanks Istvan

After rebuild user settings, parameters are visible:

Pls correct name of max partition parameter. Both has same name, but it is visible from description witch is witch. Can you give me the name of the variables for text config?

Parameters are provided in my previous reply maxZones=50, maxPartitions=5. They are for the IP150 bridge.
Iā€™ll fix the description. Probably copy/paste errorā€¦

Hi,
Thanks for the hint. Probably I will need to investigate what packets are used there. This also involves update of my IP150. Iā€™ll see if I will have time for this during holidays.

@jpbarraca as youā€™re one of the main contributors in pai, are you aware if there are big changes in the overall communication protocol between 1.x and 4.x?
Currently the paradox binding does not support encryption. Could it be the reason why it doesnā€™t work with 4.x (if itā€™s enforced there for example)?
I need to estimate aproximately what should be the overall time investment for the development before I go with upgrade of my IP150ā€¦

Cheers,
Konstantin

Surely, it was. Thanks, I implement it today evening and give you a feedback.

Hello,

my versions are:

Ed

image image

Hello,

So, yours version is not last one. But as mentioned, this project https://github.com/ParadoxAlarmInterface/pai already support firmware >4.00 and itā€™s works with my last firmware.

I assume itā€™s possible also integrate with new version of EVO Binding.

Ed

Recent versions of the IP150 module (>=4) require an encrypted connection (AES-256 ECB with a custom key expansion)

Hello,

So, maybe itā€™s possible to have new version of plugin, which support new firmware?

Ed

Yes. Iā€™ll look into how to implement the encryption as soon as I have the timeā€¦ Probably should not be too hard. :slight_smile:

Hello,

• version < 4.x - Local connection
  • 4.x <= version < 4.40.004 - SWAN (Paradox cloud) connection.
  • version >= 4.40.004 - Local connection, SWAN (Paradox cloud) connection

SWAN connection is not stable, because works using cloud. and they donā€™t like keep-alive connection.

Ed

I just read that in OH2.5 the paradox binding is included?
Anyone tested this already?
Doe sit work with the latest FW on the IP150?

It works with older firmwares (1.x of IP150).
Iā€™m still in investigation phase about how to implement encryption. When I do that it should work with newer releases.

Hi everyone,
and really thank you for the effort to make this binding, totally appreciated.
My setup is a 2.5M6, IP150 on EVO192 and the binding looks to work great, I just have some issues regarding the sitemap.
Can someone share a sitemap template?
Thank you in advance,
Mike

Hi Mike,
the example Iā€™ve given in the README of the binding are exactly what I use in my own sitemap. What is not working for you from that stuff?

Cheers,
K.

Hi Konstantin,
Thank you for the answer, can you please provide with a link to the README file.

https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/paradoxalarm/

Cheers, K.