Thanks for everyone who replied.
Just to report back: I wound up testing this out and at least for me, I’m afraid the results were disastrous.
The zwave binding was great when I tested on a small scale (under 10 devices), but after I started including my whole network (30+ devices), things started going sideways. The problems were persistent enough where I had to hard reset the controller several times. Some issues encountered include:
- Nodes randomly dropping off
- Slow response times or no response at all
- Status reporting inconsistent
- Secure inclusion not working properly (causing barrier devices not to work)
This is definitely not a knock against the OH zwave binding. I think it’s pretty amazing, and the amount of community work that’s gone into it is remarkable. I really wanted it to work since I like the notion of embedding everything cleanly in one device.
However, zwave is complicated, and unfortunately, in my specific case, it didn’t work out as well as I was hoping. After two weeks of fighting with it for stability and performance, I had to revert back to using the Vera for zwave control.