Philio Motion Sensor PSP05 - Help to get working

If it’s included with security, then you will have to copy over the security key. Again - I’d recommend to check the debug logs.

I checked the logs before, but couldn’t find anything odd. Just info that it wasn’t recognized.

Ok, then I’m not sure what to suggest. There’s normally an awful log in the debug logs, so I’m surprised there was nothing in there.

This is what the log says (after a reboot):

openhab> log:display | grep node57                                                                                                          
22:19:41.061 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:bf2bd99e:node57' changed from UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED) to INITIALIZING
22:19:41.107 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:bf2bd99e:node57' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline
22:19:49.785 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:bf2bd99e:node57' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline to ONLINE

That doesn’t look like a debug log to me? Did you enable debug logging?

Sorry, forgot that :slight_smile: I readed the device, and this is what I got now;

22:28:34.204 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - Initializing ZWave thing handler zwave:device:bf2bd99e:node57.
22:28:34.212 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 57: MANUFACTURER not set
22:28:34.218 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 57: Controller status changed to ONLINE.
22:28:34.224 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 57: Controller is ONLINE. Starting device initialisation.
22:28:34.365 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 57: Updating node properties.
22:28:34.377 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 57: Updating node properties. MAN=2147483647
22:28:34.383 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 57: Properties synchronised
22:28:34.395 [DEBUG] [ave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Event listener added.
22:28:34.401 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 57: Initialising Thing Node...
22:28:34.406 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 57: Polling initialised at 1800 seconds - start in 768600 milliseconds.
22:28:34.412 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 57: Device initialisation complete.

We now need a longer log so we can see what is happening. Also, you need to wake up the device.

However, if you are right, and this is a securely included device, you will need to set the security key to the same as the original network or it won’t get too far. Without security, I would still expect it to get the manufacturer data though as normally this sort of data is not secured.

Btw, you mentioned something about copy security key (I added it with security), how do I do that?

You’ll need to find the security key from your other software (I can’t really help you there) and then copy it into the security key box in the controller settings.

I’ll try remove the device, and add it without security. Hope that will solve the problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just readded it (wasn’t an easy task with this one), but I still get the same error in the logs and still unknown device in Paper UI. When I added it in Paper UI, it wasn’t found at all (didn’t appear at all in the list). But when i launched ozwcp, it was there as an unknown device at first but got the info from it after everything else had loaded. Back in OH, it now appeared but still as unknown device. Can’t really figure this out…

I can only offer the same suggestions as before… I’d need to see debug logs to see what is happening - 10 line logs are of extremely limited use. At the moment, we’re just guessing - is it security, is it wakeup - it’s really hard to tell what is happening and you really need to provide the logs.

If you don’t want to provide the logs due to security concerns etc, then you can process them yourself -:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/openhab/zwave-log-viewer

Having a bit of a problem getting them, the system crash a lot since I added the PSP5 device. Seems like something hogs the processor.

Here’s a link to the log file, was bit to big to post here :slight_smile:
https://michaelryden.se/index.php/s/GtXDaYHHJLFLSZ4

The one called node 58 is the PSP5 device.

I chose another way: I am still on Openhab 2.4 and shortly after my first post I added rules for each motion sensor which resets the devices x seconds after a motion detection. I mean I set the switch from “motion” to “no motion”, then the motion sensor works again properly. It has been working properly so far!

Note that with this approach you won’t know if and when the motion has stopped.

I can confirm that Motion OFF reporting works with latest 2.5.0 snapshot. Tamper (burglar) also kinda started working, since removing the sensor from its base triggers motion ON while it used to do nothing.

If there is still a motion the sensor recognizes it again, so I disagree. The “Motion off reporting” does not work but if it would there is a certain time(about 25 seconds) an off signal is sent - that is what I do. It is just a workaround without the need to install any snapshot versions.

Looks like you’re right. I was under the impression that it would not send another ON/OFF signal until the motion has stopped, which is how my Aeotec Multisensor works.

In this case, it is indeed much better to use a rule - I wouldn’t even call it a workaround but rather enhancement, since the “Motion OFF reporting” parameter makes the item flap between ON and OFF states (e.g. re-detection interval is set to 8 seconds; item will switch to OFF and then immediately back to ON every 8 seconds as long as there is movement). If your rule checks the time passed since last ON signal and you know what the re-detection interval is set to, then this can be avoided and it will basically work just like Aeotec. :+1:

Personally I don’t like this logic, so that’s another thing to check when buying my next sensor…