Philips TV (2016+) Binding

Well, it stopped working for me with openHAB 3.4.0.M4. Thing is not detected, like it does not exist, although the binding is still in correct place /usr/share/openhab/addons. Is it only me? Any idea?

Hi czupyt!
You can test to restart openHAB and see if it will discover the binding again.
// Nypon

I added the Philips TV Binding and it worked great.

The day after I could not start the TV with OH.
I went in to the Philips TV Thing and could see that it was a new Username and the MAC address and password was missing!

Then I removed the binding, added it again, restarted OH, got help by the auto discovery to add it to the system again and then typed in the Pairing Code.
And now it was working again.

And this time I also wrote down the Pairing Code, IP, MAC, Username and Password.

The day after I could see that it was the same problem!

2022-11-08 23:54:10.634 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'philipstv:tv:F00DBABE_AA5E_BABA_DADA_70af24126dfc' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
2022-11-08 23:54:10.665 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'philipstv:tv:F00DBABE_AA5E_BABA_DADA_70af24126dfc' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Pairing Code is available, but credentials missing. Trying to retrieve them.
2022-11-08 23:54:13.420 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'philipstv:tv:F00DBABE_AA5E_BABA_DADA_70af24126dfc' changed from ONLINE (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Pairing Code is available, but credentials missing. Trying to retrieve them. to ONLINE (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Authentication with Philips TV device was successful. Continuing initialization of the tv.

Then I went in to the Philips TV Thing and could see that some info was missing, AGAIN!

Then I manually typed in the missing and wrong info with that I made a backup of yesterday, and pressed the Save link.
Then I could see this in the log:

2022-11-09 00:26:33.314 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'philipstv:tv:F00DBABE_AA5E_BABA_DADA_70af24126dfc' changed from ONLINE (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Authentication with Philips TV device was successful. Continuing initialization of the tv. to ONLINE

And after this I have not had the same problem again.

One way to do this when you install the Philips TV Binding is to when you got it configured and all field have correct info, go in to the Thing an press the Save link.
It might be that easy that it could not save the info during the setup!

This was how I solved this problem.
I hope this might help someone else.

Late to the party.
I will try this with my shiny new 77OLED807 and report back!

Hi,

The binding does not work with OpenHAB 3.4.

2022-12-20 22:32:37.971 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.philipstv-3.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.philipstv [279]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.config.discovery.upnp

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:445) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.7.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.7.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.7.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.7.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.7.4]

Do you plan to update it for the new version?

Thx

1 Like

It is working fine over here after updating to 3.4.0

got the same problem here.

EDIT:
if you know how to use karaf, you can login and do:

feature:install openhab-transport-upnp

this takes a while to install, but afterwards the addon starts fine.

Thanks! It works well now!

Happy new year!

This binding doesn’t work atm in oh 4.0.0M1, its not showing when installing or trying to add a thing.
You can add a thing manually by going to /settings/things/add/philipstv but when scanning it’s not finding anything.
adding the tv manually works, but it halts on pending config after entering the pairing code.
model 55OLED803/12
i installed the upnp binding instead of installing feature:install openhab-transport-upnp in karaf.
haven’t tried that one yet.

Edit: after restarting the pairing with a new pairing code it went through with the adding.

Edit 2: the thing goes offline after a while even though the tv is on, and doesn’t come up, only when re-enableing the thing.

Hi,
is there a chance to read out the actual color of the ambilight?

Hi, I have the 58pud6654/77 version of tv, and the autodiscover doesn’t work. Does the binding works with that tv?

@bennYx0x you still working on this?

I also did the update to OH 4 recently and had to notice the binding doesn’t work properly anymore. I would appreciate if someone could have a look.

The binding would need to be recompiled for OH4. There were several major changes. If you have an AndroidTV based device you can try the AndroidTV binding, it was just merged in.

1 Like

Hi @Mickroz / all,

sorry for the late reply but I’ve been abroad for the last year. Sadly I do not use openHAB anymore, therefore I won’t be able to provide any updates for newer versions. Maybe @marcel_verpaalen is able to help out here.

1 Like

@morph166955 thanks for the hint, but from what I see the binding lacks support for the Ambilight (which makes sense as this is more or less Philips specific).

@bennYx0x that’s a bummer. Thanks for your service so far. Hopefully someone can pick up your work and then maybe even make it part of the official repo.

1 Like

That is correct. It’s a more generic binding that handles basic remote features. In this case, from an OH4 perspective, it’s a something better than nothing. I have been asked, and am considering pulling in a few extra protocols to do vendor specific things like Ambilight and I am considering that for a 4.1.0 release. If @bennYx0x doesn’t have any issues with me reusing some of his code I could consider pulling it in as a part of the AndroidTV binding.

1 Like

Yeah, tried that, but could get the pin process started for some reason.

Ahh too bad, thanks for all your work!

Does the GoogleTV app connect from a phone? What version of GoogleTV is on the TV?