Planning 1.8.1 and 2.0 beta2 releases

Please consider PR #3948: OH2 changes to 118 OH 1.x bindings for 1.9.0.b2.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the PR fixing the netatmo binding in the coming 1.8.1 release.

That’s gorgeous, thank you so much for all your efforts!

1 Like

which one do you refer to @Lolodomo?

@lolodomo @teichsta , I don’t think the OH 1.8 branch was effected by the change that broke OH2 build 111.

i’d like to refuse from merging into 1.8 anyhow since both versions seem to diverge a lot meanwhile. Got many conflicts while trying to cherry-pick.

Sorry I was not aware that it exists now different branches for OH1 add-ons, for OH1 and for OH2.
What’s the.reason ?

This aspect is the same as before, where the maintenance release only gets needed fixes (on the 1.8 branch in this case), while new enhancements are only done on the master branch. There was a regression when adding Welcome camera support to the binding on the master branch, but the later PR fixed that.

1 Like

What about Fritzbox TR064 binding? It seems as if there are still issues with it?

If I correctly understand, OH 2 beta 2 will not include the same 1.x bindings as OH 1.8.1 ?
OH 2 will have more recent 1.x bindings?

Correct, just as if there had been an OH 1.9 and OH 1.8.1 release happening on the same day, that would also be true.

At some point, it would probably make sense to have a distribution-1.9-addons.zip for people to download, and maybe some apt-repo update so that apt-get update && apt-get upgrade would upgrade the 1.x addons on existing installs. These things might already be in the plan?

Please include PR #3943 in the coming version beta 2. If not, netatmo binding is just not working at all.

All other 1.x bindings tested are OK for me.

The major issue I have now in OH2 is with the RFXCOM binding 2.0.

has been merged!

Guys,

unfortunately the upload is of the maven release binaries isn’t working as expected. I’ve tried many different ways to mvn deploy to bintray to no avail. I will continue trying my best tomorrow morning and keep you posted about the progress!

I hope for your understanding, Thomas E.-E.

I have just finished uploading the 2.0 beta 2 distribution - you can find the files at https://bintray.com/openhab/mvn/openhab-distro/2.0.0.b2/view
Let’s briefly test, if they look ok and I will make them officially available tomorrow (together with 1.8.1), if all is fine.

I unzipped openhab-online-2.0.0.b2.zip into an empty directory and run start.sh on a Mac, and it logs:

2016-02-02 00:11:08.455 [INFO ] [.openhab.core.internal.CoreActivator] - openHAB runtime has been started (v2.0.0, build b2).
2016-02-02 00:11:36.402 [WARN ] [url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver] - Error resolving artifactorg.openhab.persistence:org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j:jar:1.9.0.b2:Could not find artifact org.openhab.persistence:org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j:jar:1.9.0.b2 in oh-releases-repo (https://jcenter.bintray.com/)
shaded.org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Could not find artifact org.openhab.persistence:org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j:jar:1.9.0.b2 in oh-releases-repo (https://jcenter.bintray.com/)
        at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:444)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.3]
        at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:246)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.3]
        at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:223)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.3]
        at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveArtifact(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:294)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.3]
        at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:573)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.3]
        at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:528)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.3]
        at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:506)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.3]
        at org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:481)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.3]
        at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadTask.download(MavenDownloadTask.java:34)[9:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.3]
        at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.AbstractRetryableDownloadTask.run(AbstractRetryableDownloadTask.java:58)[9:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.3]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)[:1.8.0_31]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)[:1.8.0_31]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)[:1.8.0_31]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)[:1.8.0_31]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_31]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_31]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_31]
Caused by: shaded.org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Could not find artifact org.openhab.persistence:org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j:jar:1.9.0.b2 in oh-releases-repo (https://jcenter.bintray.com/)
        at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.ArtifactTransportListener.transferFailed(ArtifactTransportListener.java:39)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.3]
        at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector$TaskRunner.run(BasicRepositoryConnector.java:355)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.3]
        at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.util.concurrency.RunnableErrorForwarder$1.run(RunnableErrorForwarder.java:67)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.3]
        at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector$DirectExecutor.execute(BasicRepositoryConnector.java:581)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.3]
        at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector.get(BasicRepositoryConnector.java:249)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.3]
        at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.performDownloads(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:520)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.3]
        at shaded.org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:421)[4:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn:2.4.3]
        ... 16 more

The files were uploaded to Bintray, but not yet published - just did it now and the artiffacts should now be resolvable!

Thank you Kai, will test it, when i’m home later.

I just tested the online distro and it seems to be fine now.

1 Like

1.8.1 should also be available since this morning … still struggling with the apt-repo upload though!