Plugwise Home Automation binding for OpenHAB

I think it has something to do with the

@locale=en-US

If I use the adress without it in the browser I do get a reply with all the ID’s back, but adding the locale=en-US it also gives back an error.
Is there a way to delete the last part?

Thanks for the help!

@gdoornenbal thanks for this binding! As far as I’ve seen there’s no PR yet for this on GitHub, would you mind if someone else sets up the PR so we can perhaps see this enter the main release in the future?

Hi Yorick, you should thank @QNimbus, he created this binding. I just put in a request to support the plugwise stretch, but that has not happened yet.

You’re right, my bad! @QNimbus thanks for the binding. Same question still, would you mind if someone else submits a PR to keep this moving? I’d love to see this as part of the next release.

@QNimbus should make the pr, unless someone else is going to handle all the review comments. Only creating a pr is just a very small step in the process and just creating a pr by someone else will not speed up the process. So unless someone else is going to pick up, if @QNimbus is not being able to continue working on it, it would make sense to create a pr, and it should be from that persons own branch.

I have been extremely busy the past weeks and was unable to work on this binding (and the subsequent PR) but I will try to get this done in the next weeks because I would really like to see the binding make it to the next release! Many thanks for your support
and patience!

2 Likes

I just submitted a PR to the ‘openhab-addons’ master branch. I hope I ticked all the required boxed for this binding to be picked up in the release, but I guess we’ll have to see :wink:

[plugwiseha] Initial contribution #6775

Fingers crossed…

Sorry for the delayed reaction - would you mind creating a issue on the github page and tagging the ‘plugwiseha’ binding so I can track the issues with this binding?

It is here: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/issues/6781

The binding is now also in the Eclipse IOT marketplace

How exactly did you get this working? If I configure the bridge with host “adam” or “anna” or “192.168.1.xxx” and the correct Smile ID, I get error messages.

When using the correct ip I get:

Status: UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR javax.xml.datatype.Duration : javax.xml.datatype.Duration ---- Debugging information ---- message : javax.xml.datatype.Duration cause-exception : com.thoughtworks.xstream.security.ForbiddenClassException cause-message : javax.xml.datatype.Duration class : org.openhab.binding.plugwiseha.internal.api.model.object.ActuatorFunctionality required-type : org.openhab.binding.plugwiseha.internal.api.model.object.ActuatorFunctionality converter-type : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter path : /domain_objects/appliance[2]/actuator_functionality[2]/duration line number : 985 class[1] : org.openhab.binding.plugwiseha.internal.api.model.object.Appliance class[2] : org.openhab.binding.plugwiseha.internal.api.model.object.DomainObjects version : not available -------------------------------

This is probably because there is something in the XML output of the Plugwise API that cannot be serialized by the binding. Apparently your XML output contains nodes that weren’t in my output so if you would be so kind as to send me a copy of your entire XML output either via ‘reply’ or a PM. That way I can have a look and possibly find the issue. You can get the API output by running the following URL in a browser or in the ‘Postman’ app :

http://smile:[your_smile_id]@[your_adam_host_or_ip]/core/domain_objects

The only sensitive information in that XML is (afaik) in the gateway_environment node where your address and/or lat/long resides. You might want to obfuscate or remove those entries before posting online.

Thank you for looking at it!

domain_objects.xml (105 KB)

I think I’ve found the culprit - but it will take me some time to fix this since I’m a bit busy at the moment. It will try to look into this as soon as possible and let you know when a fix is available! Thanks for your patience!

I’m very patient :grinning:. Has it something to do with the Elga heat pump?

Verzonden vanaf mijn Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.

-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------

Well I saw a heat pump of some sort that I didn’t recognize so I guess so! I didn’t know that Plugwise Adam talked to anything else than a boiler :wink:

I’ve sent you a private message with a new .jar file to try out. In the meantime I managed to update the PR to the ‘openhab-addons’ repo with the changes that will hopefully fix your issue. The .jar is also linked in the first post of this topic.

The new .jar file does the job. Everything is recognised now. Thank you very much.

So if I understand correctly, the OpenTherm thermostat is just used as an interface for setting the heating? And the override synchronises the set point temperature with the Adam and thus the app? I guess this means that actually a hardware thermostat (OpenTherm or Lisa or Anna) is not actually required at all. You can just use the app (or indeed OpenHAB through the API). Correct?

Correct. If you read the user manual that is exactly what it says.