Preview and Beta: Amazon Echo Control

How cool the mp3 SSML feature is finally available! :slight_smile: I will play around with this too when I get some time.

Right it works but so far I have only been able to make use of soundlib samples, could not place my own mp3s.

Iā€™m sure you already know what youā€™re doing, but maybe this will be helpful for testing and troubleshooting: here is an online tool that will help you auto-format (and temporarily host for 24 hours for testing) your mp3 files to meet all Alexa Skills Kit/SSML mp3 format requirements.

And apparently you can also use this site to host ASK/SSML mp3 files with a trick described here that will give you an SSML-ready URL/link for your mp3 file.

I havenā€™t tried either of these tools, but perhaps they will be helpfulā€¦ :man_shrugging:t2: :slight_smile:

Thanks for the pointers but I prefer to be independent of anything-cloud hence play a local file like I can with playSound().

Very true and I donā€™t blame you! I would think it should be able to work with local files/files saved on your openHAB serverā€¦ If I get it to work at all Iā€™ll definitely report back!

Hi @papaPhiL,

it took more time to fix the issues than i thought.
But it seems i got a solution for the problems now:

• Delay (because of output length)
  • Independent output to device1, device2, ā€¦ (no sequence)
  • Volume included in tts or act request

Hopefully i did not miss anything but used your test cases to verify the process.

Still the same tests would be helpfull:

• Is there still a delay on lastVoiceCommand
  • Is there still a delay on tts or act
  • Is there any too many request error in log
  • Does group tts or group act work
  • Does same tts outputs or act outputs in a short period of time work (example send tts with ā€œblubā€ to device1, send tts with ā€œblubā€ to device2 and send tts with ā€œblubā€ to device 3)
  • Does different tts outputs or act outputs in a short period of time work (example send tts with ā€œblubā€ and after it a tts with ā€œblabā€ and a act with ā€œblibā€
  • Does ttsVolume work (example set ttsVolume one time to 50, set volume to 30, send tts, act, group tts or group act)

Link removed.

Big thanks for testing in advance!

br

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Preview and Beta: Amazon Echo Control:

Thanks for your very prezise description. With that in my hands I was able to configure my file base setup.

Hey Tom,

Thank you so much for taking this on after Michael! I was wonder if this link above has your latest change in it below?

Looks like itā€™s been 7 days w/o an issue post so Iā€™m assuming everything has been resolved with this latest binding version?

Best, Jay

I use the last version:

217 ā”‚ Active ā”‚ 80 ā”‚ 2.5.8.202007261149 ā”‚ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Amazon Echo Control Binding

And here is my feedback:

• Is there still a delay on lastVoiceCommand: no

• Is there still a delay on tts or act: yes but it is very usefull cause the tts output is send after the ā€˜this is not supportedā€™ message

• Is there any too many request error in log: no and no bad request error messages also

• Does ttsVolume work: yes the tts item receives it and tts output has that volume, but alexa messages not running over openhab tts output are not effected

• additional my hue motion sensors in the alexa bridge now sends temperature updates :+1:

3 Likes

Iā€˜ll try to review ASAP

2 Likes

Is it possible using this binding (or another method) to detect when a drop-in is in progress? I want to pause the TV in another room of a drop-in occurs in that room. I couldnā€™t find the answer with a search of looking at the binding documentation.

Hey Tom,

Iā€™m running your latest JAR dated below for 24 hours and Iā€™m seeing these entries now in the log file.

openhab> list -s | grep amazon
339 ā”‚ Active   ā”‚  80 ā”‚ 2.5.8.202008210340     ā”‚ org.openhab.binding.amazonecho
2020-08-21 21:10:24.934 [WARN ] [mazonechocontrol.internal.Connection] - Unable to wait for next call to https://alexa.amazon.com/api/behaviors/preview
java.lang.InterruptedException: sleep interrupted
	at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:695) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.queuedExecuteSequenceNode(Connection.java:1621) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.executeSequenceNode(Connection.java:1582) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.executeSequenceNodes(Connection.java:1651) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.executeSequenceCommandWithVolume(Connection.java:1527) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.sendVolume(Connection.java:1474) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
2020-08-21 21:10:38.894 [WARN ] [mazonechocontrol.internal.Connection] - Unable to wait for next call to https://alexa.amazon.com/api/behaviors/preview
java.lang.InterruptedException: sleep interrupted
	at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:695) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.queuedExecuteSequenceNode(Connection.java:1621) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.executeSequenceNode(Connection.java:1582) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.executeSequenceNodes(Connection.java:1651) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.executeSequenceCommandWithVolume(Connection.java:1527) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.sendVolume(Connection.java:1474) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Best, Jay

Hi,
here the same. I can see the same warnings.
Greetings,
Markus

It may not be the latest jar. Iā€™m also seeing in on 2.5.7.

It stopped the binding working today for a time.

Thanks for the feedback.
I will fix it as soon as possible.
But it should not affect the Binding in any way.

Br

Iā€™ve installed the lastest version of Amazon Echo Control binding mentioned here:

221 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.8.202007261149      x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Amazon Echo Control Binding

Still, I cannot sign in via http://openhabianpi:8080/amazonechocontrol/<accountname>/ap/signin. Iā€™m getting

There was a problem
Enter a valid email or mobile number

Iā€™ve used a ā€œcleanā€ browser where Iā€™ve never logged in there, as well, but no change.

Can anybody help me out with this?

I have just had the same issue.

I removed the previous jar file from the addons folder and Amazon Account thing in paper UI
Then added the latest 2.5.8 and reset OH.

Added an Amazon Account using the inbox (make sure it has a different id)
Reset OH (might not be needed)
Signed in with two factor authentication at http://openhab:8080/amazonechocontrol/
All my Amazon devices were then found

I then updated my default.items file with the new thing id and restarted OH

Now it all works again

1 Like

@DigitalDB: Thanks for your hints!

Iā€™ve not stored any jar files in the addons folder, I installed the 2.5.8 jar via karaf using bundle:update with the jar link provided above. Hope, thatā€™s no important difference.

What did you do to reset openHAB? I did a reboot of the Raspberry which runs openHAB.

Iā€™ve set up my Amazon account using a things file:

Bridge amazonechocontrol:account:accountId "Amazon Account ID" @ "Accounts"
{
    Thing echo                              echo1                   "Alexa1" @ "Room1"                                 [serialNumber="..."]
    Thing echo                              echo2                   "Alexa2" @ "Room2"                                 [serialNumber="..."]
    Thing echo                              echo3                   "Alexa3" @ "Room3"                                 [serialNumber="..."]
    Thing echo                              echo4                   "Alexa4" @ "Room4"                                 [serialNumber="..."]
    Thing flashbriefingprofile              flashbriefing1          "Flash Briefing Technical" @ "Flash Briefings"
}

Do you mean, I should simply exchange amazonechocontrol:account:accountId by amazonechocontrol:account:anotherAccountId? Or was there more to it?

Of course I can adjust my items files, as well!

But how can I sign in with 2-factor-auth? I donā€™t see a button or something like that there.

getting this too

Ok, running in the login issue yesterday with the forced PW change on amazon side i came here.

Solution:

• Uninstall Binding from PaperUI
  • manually Download 2.5.8 snapshot to addons folder
  • renamed Thing id
  • loggeed in successfully to amazon site again.
2 Likes