Problem install Homekit 2.5.11

Hello, I have openhab 2.5 and when i want install home kit , I have this error :

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2021-06-27 12:56:50.153 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-misc-homekit': Error:

Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.persistence/org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j/[1.14.0,1.15)

An idea , please ? Thank you :slight_smile:

Yes. The announcement about bintray going away said to download the addons kar file and place it in your addons folder. This link should work with 2.5.11. It just has some addons updated.

https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/libs-release-local/org/openhab/distro/openhab-addons/2.5.12/openhab-addons-2.5.12.kar

or to update to 2.5.12 or to 3.X.
It might work to reconfigure the mvn location.
For all details see the information about troubleshooting: openHAB 2.5.x and the sunset of Bintray

1 Like

thank you for your help, but I can update my openhabian 1.5.11 to 1.5.12 ? if yes , how ? thx :slight_smile:

You could likely put the 2.5.12 kar file in addons and keep working but you could not expect to find much future support here.

It looks like openHAB 3.1.0 has been released. You really need to update to a more recent version of openHAB if you expect future support.

according to the original post / thread title I assume you mean you would like to update from 2.5.11 to 2.5.12.
You use openhabian ? First make sure that openhabian updates itself to the latest version.
Then in openhabian config menu you can update openhab.
As you use openhabian you have an apt installation of the packages which manually can be updated by doing “sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade”
Be aware of that this will update all linux packages including OH2 to the latest OH2 package.

yes i want update to 2.5.12 ^^, and yes I use openhabian

which openhabian version are you on ( header of the openhabian-config menu shows version information ).

openhabian [stable]v1.6.1-963(1fa8959)

that version is from 02.12.2020 and does not contain the new location of the repo.
First update openhabian during startup of openhabian-config.

Ok but i want keep openHAB 2.5 , for the moment I don t want openHAB 3

So what ? You can update openHABian without updating openHAB.
After that you can install the latest openHAB2-addons.kar.

1 Like

It’s nice, I updated with openhabian-config and after put the addons .kar files in addons. thank you :slight_smile: