Problem installing OpenHab 2.1 Release on DSM 6.1

I tried a clean install and the same behaviour as before: no folders, no package download during installation process and no openhab user.

I have the same (no folders, no package download during installation process and no openhab user). Have a DS1511 and DS1512+ same on both
 :frowning: I use the orginal Java package “ejdk-8u121-linux-i586.tar” (no manual update). I have made “Volume1/public/openHAB/conf”, “Volume1/public/openHAB/addons”, “Volume1/public/openHAB2/conf”,“Volume1/public/openHAB2/addons”. Don’t know if the folder should be called openHAB og openHAB2?

Same here. It doesn’t work 2.1 or 2.2.
I had 2.1 snapshot 4 and it was working. But after that nothing has worked again.

I tryed “2.2.0.002-SNAPSHOT” same problem
:disappointed_relieved: Does not make a user and only make a folder (volume1/@appstore/openHAB2/OpenHAB2) with: start_debug_runtime.sh, start_runtime.sh and stop_runtime I made the patch volume1/public/openHAB2/conf and volume1/public/openHAB2/addons.

Yep, I have also clean installed 2.1.0.008 on my DS216play and getting the same results as @Dan_Nielsen above. Cheers.

Hi there, tried the following three versions:

• 2.2.0.002-SNAPSHOT
  • 2.0.0.001-DSM6

I opened port 8080 within my Fritzbox but still no access. Java made available, etc.

Any suggestions?

(ds214play, latest DSM installed).

Hello, I am running “DSM 6.1.2-15132 Update 1” on a DS215j and I am also experiencing the same issues with the latest release and SNAPSHOT.

2.2.0.002-SNAPSHOT (does not start)
2.1.0.008 (does not start)

2.0.0.001-DSM6 (starts!)

The problem seems to be the openhab2 user in fact. After installing the new version, the user was deleted. By reinstalling 2.0 the user appers again, but you need to reset the rights for the public folder to work well.

OK, thanks Dominik. But how we can do this in the install script?

Is there any major difference in the 2.1 install script regarding the openhab2 user? Actually I do my very first steps with openhab in general so I don’t know the stuctures of the software.

I think, this is a Problem of DSM 6.x!
Respectively with the rights under DSM 6.x

Hi,

I am new in this forum as I face the same issues as the others.

No user and folders with other versions than the 2.0.0.1

How should the DSM version have a selective influence only on the versions after 2.0.0.1? We can install it even with the latest DSM Version without any failiours.

Best

Where can I find the older Snapshots to install the openhab 2 on my Synology DS214? Just find the zip for the 2.2.0 version.
If I want to install the 2.1.0.4 version, it says that the zip can’t be downloaded automatically, and I should upload it to the public folder
but don’t know where I could get the older version zips.

Mfg
Matze

I’m not sure if it’s really a problem of DSM because older versions of Openhab are working well. If I get time I will try to manually set up the specific openhab2 user and look how it works.

there’s all the releases here:-

I’m still using 2.0.0.001-DSM6, and that version will definitely install and work OK.

Hi, in the pre-requisites it says that the Oracle version of Java is needed, and they recomend a repository for that. That repository only has the ARM version. Also with previous versions, the java distributed with the intel nas was working.
java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_121"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 3.3.0) (linux-gnu build 1.8.0_121-b13)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode)

Could it be that the package now only works in ARM nas due to this problem?

Hi Christian,

I don’t think DSM6 is the issue. Pkg 2.0.0.001-DSM6 installs, starts and is functioning.

I’m not an expert, nor a technician, but I had a “dummy” look at differences in the installations scripts (installer.sh), and I noticed that the (working!) script for pkg 2.0.0.001-DSM6 is quite different from the other (newer) scripts.

Main differences:

• download location for the OH2 package
  • the way the OH2-deamon user is handled
  • adding not only the ./conf folder, but also the ./addons folder

Are you able ( I know I can’t) to use the working script and adapt it to the newer version? Or is there a valid reason why the installation script is (so) different?

On 2 different Syno’s:

I tried 4 installations, and the results are the same on the two syno’s:
- 2.2.0.002-SNAPSHOT (does not install)
- 2.1.0.008 (does not install)
- 2.1.0.004-SNAPSHOT(does not install)
- 2.0.0.001-DSM6 (Starts and is functioning)

Ha Manuel @manu

I installed OpenHAB2 version 2.0.0.001-DSM6 on a ARM Syno as well as a INTEL syno . This version version 2.0.0.001-DSM6 installs and runs on both Syno’s.

For the installation of JAVA SE I used these the instructions of this post, which recommends to use the default syno way to install java:

and then upgrade this standard JAVA according to these instructions: http://minimserver.com/install-synology.html

Be aware to choose the right java SE version that suits your Syno.

The OpenHAB2 version 2.0.0.001-DSM6 is with no public folders.
I can build a version for 2.1 with no public folders, too.
Should I try this?

I would prefer a version with the public folders offcourse.
But for now you can try a version without the public folders, and see if that works. I’m very willing to test it. Let me know.