Problems with Pentair binding

Sorry about that, try this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_XpGkNe_9BFCL57jKpwqslEANFeN5G7C/view?usp=sharing

I got that new JAR, which is 3.1 vs 3.0.1. I don’t think I was able to install it in OH3. OH3 doesn’t seem to pick it up when I put it in the Addons folder.

Anyway, I tried the default binding and I can connect to everything. I get pump data, and the on/off data for most channels. However, I can’t actuate anything. It all seems to be read only.

I’d recommend you give up and just install nodejs-poolcontroller. It’s a simple install and way more functional than OH. You’ll spend days or weeks getting OH doing anything close to what this does in a few minutes.

A few issues I had to work through-

OH 3 upgrade does not always update the samba shares. I was still using openhab2 folders. Make sure that’s not the case, and if it is, run the openhabian-config and there’s an option to update samba or whatever.

Now, I’m installing the binding Jeff provided and I’m getting Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: javax.measure

I think you’ve solved this Jeff, is there an update to the binding?

Hi Rich - Are you still using 3.0 or did you move to 3.1? There was an update in 3.1.0.M4 (I believe) which updated the javax.measure. Unfortunately any binding compile with 3.1.0.M3 or before is not compatible. So, you’d have to run 3.1.0.M4 or later for the binding I provided. It would take me a while to revert my environment to compile a new version.

Just updated to openHAB 3.1.0 Release Build. Not sure about the M4/3. I just did a clean install because my previous instance was at the end of a long line of upgrades. It’s nice to be clean.

Should I be using the included binding or the JAR?

Use the jar file as I haven’t had time to submit the changes to the repository.

After doing a clean install of OpenHAB 3, I was able to get this working. I’m using the Release build of OH 3.1.0, I’m not using snapshots.

1. Installed the binding by taking the JAR provided by Jeff above and copying it to the addons folder
  2. Used the Web UI to “Manually” install pentair items, although it detected everything when I clicked add. Of note, nothing showed up in my inbox automatically.
  3. Used text based files to configure items.

Hi Rich - Glad you were able to get this working. The items should have appeared in your inbox AFTER you created the bridge item. When you say it “detected” everything, where did you see that it detected the items if they were not in your inbox? I can look at why that didn’t happen.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I do think the other devices popped up now that I think about it.

Can confirm Jeff’s jar and 3.2.0 work perfectly and the available Things appear in the inbox automatically. Please do keep updating this binding, it is fantastic!