Qubino (Goap) Flush Dimmer 0-10V possible database bug preventing temperature reports

Just added Qubino Flush Dimmer 0-10V (node 115) and Flush 2 Relays (node 114).
I’m getting the temperature reading from Relays OK, but not from the Dimmer.

Everything looks fine in the Z-Wave debug log:

2019-02-19 00:50:19.143 [DEBUG] [col.commandclass.ZWaveMultiLevelSensorCommandClass] - NODE 114: Sensor Type = Temperature(1), Scale = 0
2019-02-19 00:50:19.143 [DEBUG] [col.commandclass.ZWaveMultiLevelSensorCommandClass] - NODE 114: Sensor Value = 20.6
2019-02-19 00:53:31.578 [DEBUG] [col.commandclass.ZWaveMultiLevelSensorCommandClass] - NODE 115: Sensor Type = Temperature(1), Scale = 0
2019-02-19 00:53:31.578 [DEBUG] [col.commandclass.ZWaveMultiLevelSensorCommandClass] - NODE 115: Sensor Value = 20.8

The xml for node 114 is here.
The xml for node 115 is here.

Database for relay
Database for dimmer.

Node 114 (relay) that are working has the following channel definition:

Node 115 (dimmer) that is not working has the following channel definition:

Could someone with database/endpoint knowledge take a look at this, please? @chris ?

items:

Number:Temperature FanInverterTemp                         { channel = "zwave:device:f180343d:node114:sensor_temperature" }
Number             FanMotorTemp                            { channel = "zwave:device:f180343d:node115:sensor_general" }

sitemap:

Text item=FanInverterTemp         label="FanInverterTemp [%.1f °C]"
    Text item=FanMotorTemp            label="FanMotorTemp [%.1f °C]"

Tip for others trying to include these. They need to be very close to the controller!

Can you provide a debit log and I will try and have a quick look this evening.

Thank you.

Here’s the log.

Hi,
I have the same problem with the Qubino Flush 0-10v dimmer. (Type ZMNHVD1). I dont get the temperature readings. Thanks for the tip about including the device! Had a struggle including this.

I’m going to use the dimmer to control an EC fan in my cottage. (Suction fan in the dry toilet “snurredass”). The plan was to use the temp sensor for outside temp.

I see that it possible to configure the I1 input as an 0- 10v input. I would really like to have an channel for this. Then I could attach an DP transmitter and regulate the fan.

Could the channel vi see, Sensor (General) be the I1 input, and that the Sensor(Temperature) is the one missing?

I find it a bit clumsy that in order to change Param1 or re-attaching a TS, the device needs to be excluded and re-included. Eats away a node number on the controller …

@anders4020, do you see that when reading back the dimmer/slider value after setting a new value, it changes value after a few seconds, but the output stays at the original initial set value?
Strange effect. Happens both from PaperUI control, site-map and from rules.

I have not testet it a lot. That is not good. There seems to be a lot of issues with this device, but it was the only one I could find with an 0 - 10v output.
I will try to change the input type and exclude/include it. Is it not possibly to remove unused nodes with zensys tools and reuse them?

Yes, I do this once-twice a year, but haven’t seen the controller reusing any yet. Maybe when it hits 254?
One pleasant surprise I had when checking out the Qubino Relay x1/x2 is that it can operate on either 220V AC or 24V DC. 24V DC is in many cases the safer option.

It doesn’t work for the dimmer as there is no temperature channel defined on that device…

I will update the database when I’m back in the UK.

Nice.
Makes sense, since the manual said the TS has to be connected at include time. Original database contributor probably didn’t have one connected. It is an extra purchase.

I have set the input to General sensor, and the sensor_general channel is working as an 0-10 input. Which is good, if the temperature channel is added. I have connected the output to the input for testing.
However I have several problems with the device and /or my installation.
If I set the output to 0, or Off. I still measure 0.6volts.
If I set the switch off an on again. The out put goes to 100%/10V, but in openhab its showing 0%.

The sitemaps are not updating correctly. The paper Ui is not really working, and the output is not updated automatically in the basic ui.
Im starting to get very skeptical about controlling the fan with OH and the qubino dimmer.

I found that dimmer value set from rules is always reflected correctly on the output, but the item value changes and does not always match the output until the value is polled on the next 10min interval timeout.
I have a zwave debug log running. Will see if I can find something fishy.

Are you describing the expected effects if you leave this Item autoupdate at the default “true” condition?

Are you referring to a device Configuration parameter or an option in the item definition?
Haven’t heard of this autoupdate before…

Edit: found it, no change in behaviour from true to false, but maybe the binding/OH2 needs a restart in between?

Dimmer FanSpeed { channel = "zwave:device:f180343d:node115:switch_dimmer" , autoupdate="true" }

@chris, forgive me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that the sensor_general channel was working as it should for the I1 and parameter 1, and that the sensor_temperature was the one missing.
If I read this correctly you have now replaced the one with the other?

Sorry - what is this sensor for exactly? I thought that this channel didn’t do anything, so yes, I changed the name to the temperature.

The sensor_general was I1 that can be configured by parameter 1 Doc.

The reason why the sensor_temperature was missing, I belive was due to the fact that it only shows up if an actual sensor is connected at include time. Since this is a separate purchase, the original database contributor most likely didn’t have one. The xml file I supplies in my first post, had one connected.

Hopefully this is updated again - sorry for the mixup…

Don’t be, it’s working great now, thanks!

1 Like

A tiny bit of advice, considering you guys are already using the qubino 0-10v dimmer…

I’m looking into adding an anemomenter(wind sensor) to my network, and i’ve found this: https://www.xialinonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=85927
(it’s currently being sold also via amazon).

Would the qubino 0-10v flush dimmer be able to read it’s status as general purpose sensor?
Or shoudl i rather purchase the Fibaro smart implant?

I’m not sure if any of the 2 is fully implemented/can i contribute to that end after i’ve purchased one or the other?