Random disconects from Google Home

Can someone tell me what happens with my OH 3.2.0. Sometimes it disconnects from Google Home. In the log, I see this message.

2022-01-24 23:27:33.708 [ERROR] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Error connecting to the openHAB Cloud instance. Reconnecting.
2022-01-24 23:27:48.769 [WARN ] [okhttp3.OkHttpClient                ] - A connection to https://myopenhab.org/ was leaked. Did you forget to close a response body? To see where this was allocated, set the OkHttpClient logger level to FINE: Logger.getLogger(OkHttpClient.class.getName()).setLevel(Level.FINE);
2022-01-24 23:28:53.368 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Connected to the openHAB Cloud service (UUID = xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxx, base URL = http://localhost:8080)
2022-01-24 23:29:03.379 [ERROR] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Error during communication
2022-01-24 23:29:03.381 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Disconnected from the openHAB Cloud service (UUID = xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxx, base URL = http://localhost:8080)
2022-01-24 23:33:26.219 [ERROR] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Error connecting to the openHAB Cloud instance. Reconnecting.
2022-01-24 23:33:52.399 [ERROR] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Error connecting to the openHAB Cloud instance. Reconnecting.

I notice this one month ago. When I reboot Rasberry Pi4 all start working, but after 2-3 days happen againe.

There was an outage of the cloud service yesterday, what’s fixed now.

2 Likes

THX for reply. Good to hear that. Today all works, i hope i don’t have new disconnects and after some testing i close this topic.

I still have problems, so its just me or global problem with OH3 cloud Service?

Earlier today, my connection to myopenhab stopped working (despite my server thinking it was still connected). But I didn’t have the error message you’re seeing. Also, if you’ve had this issue before, it’s probably not related to the recent outage.

Sorry, that’s not super helpful. One thing I can say though, is that you usually don’t need to do a full restart on your server. If you go into the openHAB Cloud settings in Main UI and click “Save” (without changing anything), the cloud connector will restart.

1 Like

Thx i press save and this helps!!! All work now, but not sure how long it will be working.

PS is there way to create rule that will be doing “save” avery day?

Probably, but I don’t know it. Thing is, that’s not really a solution to your actual problem, it’s just a temporary fix. If it still happens regularly, you may want to turn on debugging in your log to get a better idea of the issue.

Just wanted to add a “me too” here. My server had many disconnect/reconnects to the openHAB Cloud Service on Jan 24, and also a one each on Jan 25 and Jan 27, but myopenhab.org and the openhab log file claimed my service was online. Yesterday (Jan 28) Google Home started giving error messages saying there was no connection to openhab. Still myopenhab.org and the log file said the service was online. Clicking ‘Save’ in the cloud service config page solved it today (Jan 29).

My Ubuntu server has openhab 3.2.0-1 installed (according to dpkg -l).

EDIT: Uploaded log entries:
‘openhabcloud’ log entries on pastebin

1 Like

After “save” for me now all work fine, continue testing

The same thing just happened again. I am able to work around it, but I am the only one in my household who can.

I couldn’t say what’s happening to you. I haven’t had any troubles since the server outage.

Normally it should “heal” itself as it nevertheless tries to reconnect.

In general, I also think this is not the right place to discuss this, since the problems are not related to the Google Assistant integration or Google Home, but only to openHAB Cloud (myopenHAB).

Please do not mix up Google Home and openHAB Cloud (myopenHAB)!

I uploaded the log the last time it happened, and it doesn’t try to reconnect because it seems to believe it is connected. When this fault occurs, the last entry in the log about the connection status says it is connected.

I don’t know anything about the internal workings of openhab, but I agree it seems to be related to the openhab cloud connector. I have posted a new message in that section now.

2 Likes