Ready2use zigbee2mqtt stick with antenna and case

Hi,

first of all @chris is ok wit me posting this thread. We discussed it here, so I hope it’s fine for other mods too.

I just want to let people here know that I offer premade zigbee2mqtt sticks. Modded with antenna, with a nice case and already flashed.

If you are interested you can get more information and some reviews here:

Regards,
h4nc

2 Likes

Have you verified it works properly with OpenHAB?

To be honest I did not, because I use a different home automation system.

But the thing is I know openhab has an mqtt Broker and because zigbee2mqtt “translates” zigbee signals to mqtt it should work. You just need to install zigbee2mqtt on your instance, this should help:

There are already some threads in this forum about zigbee2mqtt and how people made it work.

BTW I also make other ready2use things like an RFlink. And I’m planning to make a smaller Version too.

And I also will make some OpenMQTTGateway devices.

This is a picture of my Rflink (without the top case)

Zigbee2mqtt works fine with openHAB. It’s best to use mqtt1, but with a bit of uglyness mqtt2 can also be used.

I have a new ready2use device. It’s another OpenMQTTgateway device. This is not a zigbee2mqtt device.

I made the PCB for the modules inside, the 3d printed case and the soldering. Of course its also flashed, but I am not a developer.
All credits for this great project go to the dev (1technophile) of this great project.

So until now I made the following OMG devices:

• ESP32 with RF, BLE and an LED
  • NodeMCU ESP8266 version with RF and an LED.
  • ESP32 with BLE

Of course you can choose the colors of the case (and maybe even the LED color).

So this is how the new device looks:

Not yet finished, but this is how the IR version of the OMG devices will look like.

The esp32 version will support IR/RF/BLE/LED
Same for the Esp8266 version but without BLE.

I finished the IR Versions of the OpenMqttgateway.

I made two versions:
OMG ESP32 IR/RF/BLE/LED
OMG ESP8266 IR/RF/LED

This is how they look:

2 Likes

Hi,

I made another new device: The Milight Hub

See: https://github.com/sidoh/esp8266_milight_hub

And this is how it looks:

I’m now also able to flash the Sonoff RF Bridge with OpenMqttGateway.

You may ask yourself why I want to offer flashed Sonoff RF Bridges when I already have the DIY OMG IR/RF/BLE/Led device.

Well first of all if someone only wants RF (in an industrial case) the Sonoff RF may be the better choice. And because I only need to flash it and save a lot of time soldering and making the device it will be cheaper.
So I think it’s nice to have this option too.

Just a quick update:

I added the option to get a step-up module (12V) for the transmitter of the rflink mini. This way the transmitter range gets better.

I made some changes to the milight hub too. The model with the external antenna got an LED which shows the the state of the hub (does the same like the internal LED, so it is configurable in the UI). The LED blinks through the logo (letters Mi). The Antenna outlet is on the side now (not on the top any more). Both the USB cable and the antenna went to the same side. I also added the option to get a white antenna for the Milight hub. Mind that the NRF module isn’t always red (could be black too).

Additionally I made another version of the hub. It has a pcb antenna and therefore the hub gets smaller. The range might be a little bit worse, but I got no range issues in my house with that.

I made another zigbee device. Mind that this won’t be compatible with zigbee2mqtt, because it’s a different project.

The project is called Zigbee2Tasmota (Z2T) and again I want to mention that all the credits about the software go to the developers.
Again I made a PCB and a case. The device is based on a nodemcu and a CC2530. Of course I will preflash the devices, but if needed it is possible to flash the CC2530 (maybe because of an update) with a CCDebugger or with the Nodemcu itself (you can find how to do that in the attached link above).

I for myself will still stick to zigbee2mqtt, because it works fine and never change a running system :wink:
However I think it is an interesting project and I’d like to see where it goes. Currently not many devices are supported, so for now I would recommend this project for tinkerers only (who are ok with facing issues in a new developing project).
The main benefit compared to the Z2M sticks is that you can place the Z2T (Zigbee2Tasmota) stick where you want because it doesn’t need something like a raspi running z2m to it.

Nice to see Zigbee2Tasmota in the openhab forum. How can this gateway be bound to openhab? Can a setting as in home-assistant be made as a serial device (socket://: of gateway)?
Would be great! Thanks.

Personally I use another home automation system, however it should be possible to use it with an MQTT broker.

I don’t know that, sorry. I think you may get an answer in the Tasmota discord channel.