Real Screensaver via Tampermonkey

Hi all,

I’m using openhab2 on an RDP Session, which is shown on a Microsoft Surface RT. This works very well - especially in kiosk mode.

What I’m looking for is a real screensaver, which would show up an webcam-image-stream when nobody interacts with the panel.

I was looking for an existent solution, but all I found was this: screensaver-widget/38580/4 - where nothing is really solved. Since my request is a little bit more complicated I started this thread.

First I thought about adding an additional layer to the Panel, which seems to be not so easy (maybe someone has and idea).
Than I thought I could remove the DIVs temporarly - e.g. via jQuery using timers and so on. But this seems not to be working as expected. I have the following script used on this community.openhab.org page:

please remove the spaces in the pastebin links… I wanted to insert my scripts and result-screenshots here, but as a new user I’m not allowed to insert more than one image and two links… ha ha…

pastebin.com/UE0mEaGr

which seems to be working:

here comes the result in a picture, but as a new user I’m not allowed to insert more than 1 image

Than I applied the same script-type to the openhab demo (demo.openhab.org : 8080 / habpanel / index.html# /)

pastebin.com/9RQhb5zK

which does not work…

here comes the result in a picture, but as a new user I’m not allowed to insert more than 1 image

finally I tried another form (adding an CSS instead of manipulating it):

pastebin.com/ETGut2ci

which works…

Any help appreciated and thanks in advance,

Sebastian

I have a screensaver feature for HABPanel, waiting code review from @ysc

Basically with this, all you have to do is create a dashboard page with whatever you want in it (like your camera feed, etc), and when the screensaver kicks in, it will switch to that dashboard. And you can configure which dashboard to go back to (when screen saver stops, like from a click)