Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

You could check via karaf console which version you are running, and, even more important, if only ONE version is running :grinning: :

openhab> bundle:list|grep -i amazonecho
191 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.3.0.201805121836     │ AmazonEchoControl Binding

@sihui I do not know how you come to the fact that I did not read the thread?
Of course I have read the thread and also I know that this seems to be a bug in the amazon software.
I meant that it would be desirable to have the beep out of the reminds and then use TTS.
Nevertheless thanks for your answer

@Andrew_Pawelski you are absolutely right.
I would like to have TTS with a beep before.

I think so too, but I already read that this should only work with alarm sounds and longer than 10 sec.

I have not tested it yet

Don’t worry, just a bit of language trouble :kissing_heart:

I have seen in the Routines that you can now also add to Alexa says, user defined text.
Here is a limitation of 250 character.

@michi Does this also apply to the TTS channel?

So… I ran that command

openhab> bundle:list|grep -i amazonecho
253 │ Active    │  80 │ 2.2.1.201805122332     │ AmazonEchoControl Binding
255 │ Installed │  80 │ 2.3.0.201805121836     │ AmazonEchoControl Binding

I removed the jar from add ons and also did a bundle:uninstall and a service restart but still looks like this

I would like to use the market one

Can you help? is there a cache somewhere?

Yes, delete the content (not the folder!) of your userdata/cache and userdata/tmp folder and restart openHAB.
Note that every time you do an openHAB update (where cache and tmp content gets deleted automatically) you will need to reinstall your market place bindings. That is the reason I prefer the jar in the addons folder. It survives an openHAB update.

I dont know whats going on then - I no longer have the jar file, stopped the service, removed the contents of tmp and cache from var/lib/openhab2, restarted service and the maketplace n=binding shows not installed (expected) but the jar is stil showing as loaded in console (and things are working)

Very strange. I can’t see anything you could have done wrong.
Because you already tried bundle:uninstall, I would play around with feature:uninstall, but I’m not sure if it makes a difference. Also you may try to stop the bundle first (bundle:stop).
https://docs.openhab.org/administration/console.html#using-the-console
Good luck.

What I noticed is when you send a change volume, there is a beep, only if nothing is currently playing.
So my quick hack in my rule is to check if something is playing, get the current volume, and send the same volume back as a change volume. Then send the TTS. Works a treat!

Love the TTS! Thanks @michi

2 Likes

May you post the rule implementation of this feature?

Hi to all.
Can anyone show me the command line for starting weather or traffic info?
Item(“type string, channel startcommand”).sendcommand(Weather)
Doesn’t Work.
Thanks,
Markus

Hey Tom,

All I’m looking for is the pause state of the player. It gives a single beep, not quite the reminder tone, but better than nothing at this stage. Simple but effective.

rule "Alexa Volume Beep before TTS"
when
	Item TTS_test2_alexa_gf_office received update
then
	val current_volume_echo_gf_office = echo_gf_office_Volume.state
		if(echo_gf_office_Player.state == PAUSE){
			echo_gf_office_Volume.sendCommand(current_volume_echo_gf_office)
		}
	echo_gf_office_TTS.sendCommand("Hi, Alexa here.")
end

or even simpler would be to just get the current volume and send it back as an update, not bothering with checking the player state. If it’s playing music, it just won’t beep…

2 Likes

Hey Markus,

Try it like this

echo_gf_office_StartCommand.sendCommand("Weather")
1 Like

Hi greg.
I tryed it. My problem/error was that I wrote it in german!! :slight_smile:
Thanks

1 Like

I installed the latest version of the binding because I wanted to test TTS.

Things are created and everything is online.
When I started a reminder I got an error. I removed latest binding and added my old version. Now I get the error also with the old version :tired_face:

> 2018-05-15 19:50:08.729 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.handler.EchoHandler@18121f8': PUT url 'https://alexa.amazon.de/api/notifications/createReminder' failed: Internal Server Error
> org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: PUT url 'https://alexa.amazon.de/api/notifications/createReminder' failed: Internal Server Error
>         at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:373) [243:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.3.0.201803311729]
>         at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequestAndReturnString(Connection.java:257) [243:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.3.0.201803311729]

Has someone a hint what I did wrong?
I always removed things in paper ui befor I added the jar file in addon directory. I checked the bundle in the karaf console, too.

Starting music from Control (paper ui) is working.

Hi, what is the update process from version 2.2 to 2.3? Just remove the 2.2 jar file and add the 2.3 one?
Thanks

Reading the first post in this thread would help! :sunglasses:

Now it is running. I removed everything again and added the jar file. Last time I did not set the x permission for the jar file - maybe this was the problem.

Hi, I don’t know, but I think so!
Regards, Michael

Hi Stefan,
that’s interesting, because the binding is complete passiv. Only the refresh timer is starts some work or commands to the channel. So normally you should have only peaks every 10 seconds.
Regards,
Michael