Just starting with smart home for fun and because it sucks to pay for each remote and keep searching for the right one.
I have Somfy, Novoferm and Velux in use, and the goal would be
- get rid of all the remotes and get a simple control working on the smartphone just up/down or open/close.
- some cool stuff to play like adding sensors and/or displays
So now some questions:
- Is it possible to control the named devices with openHAB ?
- Did i get it right, that I would need a RFXtrx433XL USB HA controler 433.92 MHz Transceiver for controlling my Somfy devices ?
- I would like to use a rasperryPI as I have some experience with that hardware, does it make sense with the possible needed adapers for somfy / novoferm / velux ?
- Will i end up with 3 senders for 3 different companies and all usb ports occupied ? Isn`t there a sort of multiy purpose sender for “everything”
Thanks for every input !