RXTX Version mismatch?

Hello i got this Error message after i try to run ./start_debug.sh for my optolink adapter.

How can i solve the “RXTX Version mismatch” Error?

Thank you.

Native lib Version = RXTX-2.2pre2
Java lib Version   = RXTX-2.1-7
WARNING:  RXTX Version mismatch
	Jar version = RXTX-2.1-7
	native lib Version = RXTX-2.2pre2
RXTX fhs_lock() Error: creating lock file: /var/lock/LCK..ttyAMA0: Die Datei e10:25:49.040 [main] ERROR de.myandres.optolink.Main main - Something is wrong not init
gnu.io.NoSuchPortException: null
	at gnu.io.CommPortIdentifier.getPortIdentifier(CommPortIdentifier.java:218) ~[optolink-jar-with-dependencies.jar:na]
	at de.myandres.optolink.OptolinkInterface.<init>(OptolinkInterface.java:44) ~[optolink-jar-with-dependencies.jar:na]
	at de.myandres.optolink.Main.main(Main.java:39) ~[optolink-jar-with-dependencies.jar:na]
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at de.myandres.optolink.Main.main(Main.java:46)

after i download from http://rxtx.qbang.org/wiki/index.php/Download the same version of the library i got this error now:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no rxtxSerial in java.library.path thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no rxtxSerial in java.library.path

The error indicates an issue with the rxtxSerial path. Have you verified the correct path and permissions?

i copy librxtxSerial-2.2pre1.so back and now i got this error massage

OpenJDK Client VM warning: You have loaded library /usr/lib/jni/librxtxSerial-2.2pre1.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.

It’s highly recommended that you fix the library with ‘execstack -c <libfile>’, or link it with ‘-z noexecstack’.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/lib/jni/librxtxSerial-2.2pre1.so: /usr/lib/jni/librxtxSerial-2.2pre1.so: falsche ELF-Klasse: ELFCLASS64 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch) thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/lib/jni/librxtxSerial-2.2pre1.so: /usr/lib/jni/librxtxSerial-2.2pre1.so: falsche ELF-Klasse: ELFCLASS64 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)

What is OH running on and what version of java is installed? Looking above that message usually pops up when using 64-bit JVM on ARM platform. If thats the case you will need to install the 32-bit version of the JVM for ARM platforms.

now i delete the hole pages with apt-get purge librxtx-java and reinstall it again apt-get install librxtx-java.

Now i am the beginning with the same warning:

Java lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7
WARNING: RXTX Version mismatch
Jar version = RXTX-2.1-7
RXTX Warning: Removing stale lock file. /var/lock/LCK…ttyAMA0

I run it on a RPI2 with raspbian.

How can i update the Java lib Verision to the newer one or the Nativ lib Version to the older 2.1-7 Verions to fix the mismatch problem?

From the terminal type java -version and post the output.

Also verify that you have set the EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS in /etc/default/openhab2 to this:

EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS="-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyS0:/dev/ttyS2:/dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyAMA0"

Will OH be the only thing running on your Pi?

Output:

openjdk version “1.8.0_181”

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_181-8u181-b13-1~deb9u1-b13)

OpenJDK Client VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)

i also check the “EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS=” entry.

Place this in Extra java opts and restart OH.

EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS="-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyS0:/dev/ttyS2:/dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyAMA0"

i leave it with your parameter and after a restart i got this message:

Java lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7

WARNING: RXTX Version mismatch

Jar version = RXTX-2.1-7

RXTX fhs_lock() Error: creating lock file: /var/lock/LCK…ttyAMA0: Die Datei e17:08:06.738 [main] ERROR de.myandres.optolink.Main main - Something is wrong not init

gnu.io.NoSuchPortException: null

Take a look here and make sure everything is set up correctly and try installing the recommended Zulu java build. https://www.openhab.org/docs/installation/linux.html#installation

If you only plan to use the Pi for OH then installing via openhabian image would be an easier route.

I install Zulu but i got the same error message.

My Java version now

openjdk version “1.8.0_152”

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu Embedded 8.25.0.76-linux-aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_152-b76)

OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu Embedded 8.25.0.76-linux-aarch32hf) (build 25.152-b76, mixed mode, Evaluation)

i think the problem is the different Version from the Jar version and the native lib Version. How can i get the same version?

Add or replace with this in extra java opts. Seems there was a bug fix and this worked, just not sure when. Its worth a try
-Dgnu.io.rxtx.NoVersionOutput=true

I also noticed this on the link you provided…Unless you have any specific reasons, this is the recommended download. If you need to be compatible with javax.comm.* then download RXTX 2.0. Not sure what javax.comm is, maybe it means generic?

Have you tried the openhabian tools? sudo openhabian-config

i try your tip but without any effect.

i didn’t use openhabian so i can’t use this config setting.

Have you added openhab user to the lock group and verified from terminal with: id openhab

If not then add openhab user to the lock group: usermod -a -G lock openhab

Change permissions: chown root:lock /run/lock
Add group write: chmod a+w lock

See if this works but keep in mind that a restart will recreate the run/lock. If this does work let me know and we can make a config change to keep these settings permanently.

if i try id openhab i got

uid=111(openhab) gid=114(openhab) Gruppen=114(openhab)

if i try to reinstall RXTX which version can i use for my rpi2? the linux verion?
http://rxtx.qbang.org/wiki/index.php/Download

Now were getting somewhere.

Add the openhab user to the lock group and see my edit on last post for the other steps

how can i add openhab to the lock group?