Satel binding - support, announcements and feature requests

@druciak

I agree with Łukasz! Actual we’ve chosen OH because of Your binding! :slight_smile:

@splatch

I think You are talking about ABAX - Satel radio system which works with Integra and Versa:

https://www.satel.pl/pl/product/717/ACU-120/

and this sensor connects to radio controller for temperature settings:

https://www.satel.pl/pl/product/469/ATD-100%20BR,Bezprzewodowa-czujka-temperatury

PS

We think better approach is to use DS18B20 for temperature reading and rules on OH,

and some critical devices (like radiators electro valve) connected to satel outputs.

I’ll let You know how it’s working when we will finish such a setup :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Ferryb4
there are commands in the integration protocol to open doors and they have been implemented in 1.x version of the binding. However I did not move this feature to 2.x as there was no feedback regarding it.
I am adding this to my list, but I will need your help as I don’t have INT-R module.

Guys, good news. Event log feature has been merged into master and now it is available in OH 2.5 snapshot.
I hope to implement next feature from my list soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@druciak

Thanks for adding. Just let me know when you are ready then I will test it for you.

@druciak

Is it true that I can not control any outputs from OH with this binding?
In DloadX my output is pulse(25) but i can not control this output from OH.
I used the items en things from from the docs.

That’s definitely not true. How did you come to this conclusion?
If you have everything configured properly on OH side, perhaps your user in Integra system does not have permission to control BI, MONO, TEL outputs?

For those interested in reading ATD-100 temperature I prepared a version with preliminary support for this device: https://github.com/druciak/org.openhab.binding.satel/releases/tag/v2.5.0. Try and let me know if this is working at all. You would need this device manualy as it cannot be detected automatically.

Sorry it was indeed a problem with the rights in dloadx.
It works perfectly now.

I’m only getting the log going.

I tried it through the paperui and via the things file from the documents, but I do not get anything out of this.
The user has access to the log in dloadx :slight_smile:

@Ferryb4 can you describe what exactly is your problem? What did you do and what do you get?

I have installed this binding, but it says offline after adding an ETHM-1.

2019-01-21 23:51:23.590 [INFO ] [.satel.internal.protocol.Ethm1Module] - Connecting to ETHM-1 module at 172.16.XXX.XXX:7094
2019-01-21 23:51:23.596 [INFO ] [.satel.internal.protocol.Ethm1Module] - ETHM-1 module connected successfully
2019-01-21 23:51:23.600 [INFO ] [.satel.internal.protocol.Ethm1Module] - Closing connection to ETHM-1 module
2019-01-21 23:51:24.590 [INFO ] [.satel.internal.protocol.Ethm1Module] - Connecting to ETHM-1 module at 172.16.XXX.XXX:7094
2019-01-21 23:51:24.596 [INFO ] [.satel.internal.protocol.Ethm1Module] - ETHM-1 module connected successfully
2019-01-21 23:51:24.601 [INFO ] [.satel.internal.protocol.Ethm1Module] - Closing connection to ETHM-1 module
2019-01-21 23:51:25.590 [INFO ] [.satel.internal.protocol.Ethm1Module] - Connecting to ETHM-1 module at 172.16.XXX.XXX:7094
2019-01-21 23:51:25.595 [INFO ] [.satel.internal.protocol.Ethm1Module] - ETHM-1 module connected successfully
2019-01-21 23:51:25.600 [INFO ] [.satel.internal.protocol.Ethm1Module] - Closing connection to ETHM-1 module

I can succesfully ping my Integra and I have enabled the necessary ‘integration’ options as well as added a specific user. Any idea?

Is OH the only client connecting to ETHM-1? The module accepts only one connection, so make sure you don’t have another client (for instance OH 1.x) connected to it.
Next double check your configuration. Do you have encryption enabled? If yes, please double check if this is done on both sides (OH and DloadX), and on both sides you have the same encryption key.
You could also disconnect ethernet cable for a moment in case your ETHM-1 hung up on an old connection.

Thank you @druciak. I tested with and without encryption but after removing and re-adding the ETHM-1 module in OpenHAB it suddenly worked. Maybe the same as I saw in the previous replies about the internal OpenHAB database where something about the encryption is stored and cannot be changed.

Anyway, it works now. Great binding and also perfect how everything is discovered automatically.

Hello all,
I have built a new version of the binding. It contains following changes:

• new channels for wireless devices; zone and output now have new configuration parameter ‘wireless’ - when set to ‘true’, the thing will have “Low battery” and “No communication” channels,
  • new thing type ATD-100 for wireless temperature sensor.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi all,
A silly question about satel integration: I would like to integrate my Satel alarm system with openHAB and use alarm motion sensors to control lights. Will the binding receive all the zone notifications even if the alarm is disarmed?
Thanks

Hello Gabor,
definitely it will receive violation notifications even if the system is disarmed.

Many thanks @druciak !!!

Hi @druciak

Is it possible to create a switch item if a valid code is entered?

I see this message coming up in the log. Is it possible to do something with this? possibly via a rule?

2019-03-03 19:09:56.936 [INFO ] [el.internal.command.SatelCommandBase] - Requesting user code not found. Message: command = 88, payload = 11 11 FF FF FF FF FF FF 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Thanks

Hi @Ferryb4
Please explain the case as I don’t understand the problem. Do you enter user code in the configuration or in other way?

I would like to receive a notification if I enter a wrong code.

Could you please answer? I’d like to understand your use case.