I try to get openHAB working on a linux box in a network which must use a HTTP proxy to connect to the Internet.
- When I once started with “openHAB 1.8.3 demo master” for example the YahooWeatherBinding always failed with:
[ERROR] [o.o.b.w.i.scheduler.WeatherJob] - query.yahooapis.com java.net.UnknownHostException: query.yahooapis.com
- When I used the web browser instead to GET sth. from this URL I received some data.
The browser uses no special HTTP proxy settings but the system’s HTTP proxy settings from the environment set by:
- Somewhere in the Internet I found (only) one discussion where one was told to define some Java properties accordingly when starting openHAB:
-Dhttp.proxySet=true -Dhttp.proxyHost=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -Dhttp.proxyPort=yyyy
but this didn’t change anything for me.
- I tried the same properties with openHAB2 and the YahooWeatherBinding still complains about
Error accessing Yahoo weather: query.yahooapis.com
There’s nothing else pointing to the cause of that error in the log file, espacially no info from the involved classes – even if I start with start_debug.sh.
- Is there a way (or a documentation?) how to configure openHAB/openHAB2 to direct it’s HTTP requests through a HTTP proxy?
- How can I check if openHAB/openHAB2 recognizes properties set by JVM command line options?
- Is there an environment variable which I can use to set such extra JVM command line options on openHAB startup?
Thank you in advance!