Shelly 1 Add On -> Reed

I am not sure guys what YOU are not understanding. You are really funny but thanks for your support.

You explained all possibilities. But let me try again to explain my question.

• Shelly operates with 230v
  • Addon is needed
  • Reed contact has to be wired with yellow an black wire from the Addon
  • Button needs not to be configured as detached

How can I get now the status from SW? This does not work.

I only want to know by using the Addon, whether garage door is open or not.

Look you Seem to Not read anything.

All has been said.
And since I dont use the addon:

You are really funny. I did not say any other as you described. But it seems that you do not have an solution. Enjoy your day

Maybe show what your Channels etc. are?

I am using the following (on a 12V Shelly):

State

The state of SW is updated.

Are you trying to say that you are not getting updates when using the ADDON?

YES

this information has been provided today and was not part of the discussion before…
if everything would have been clear you would probably have asked what the name of the addon channel is.
we only can help you as good as your questions are.

for channel names see binding documentation

channel name is probably:

shelly:shelly1:xxx:sensors#temperature1

depeding on where you connected the sensor

Although the addon is installed, the sensor channels are not shown in OH3.
Below picture of my shown channels.

what version of OH3 are you on? did you delete and re-discover your thing?
is the addon visible on the device‘s website?

Dear all,

I have exakt the same problem that the sensor channels from the Shelly1 with Temp Addon are not shown in OH3.

I’m running the version 3.1.0 with the newest shelly binding. My Shelly1 has the newest firmware.

Any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks in advance and have a good time

Uwe

Hi.

Did you recently add the temperature sensor to an existing Shelly 1?

If so you need to delete and read the thing to find the additional channels.

Hello Mark,

thanks for your response and sorry for the late answer. I was on holidays.

Yes, I added the Temp Addon to an existing sensor and restarted the sensor. In the shelly app the “new” information is visible.

Then I deleted ALL things in openhab with the type “shelly1” (I was not sure about caching) and created/added the things om Openhab new. No additional channels showed up.

I checked the bundle of the shelly binding I use, it’s version 3.1.0 aktive. But I see in the list one more entry with 3.1.0.202104211647 installed. What’s that?

Now I’m lost :wink:

BR
Uwe

Do you also have a jar file in the addons folder?

Sounds like you have the gui installed one as well as the addons manually installed version.

You need to either remove the jar file from the addons folder or uninstall via the gui.

This could well cause issues.

Hi,

I did a cleanup now. Removed ALL shelly bindings and restartet OH. No shelly binding in the bundle:list anymore.
Then I added with the gui the “official” shelly binding 3.1.0. Checking the bundle:list all seems fine. One shelly binding found and aktive.

All shelly1 objects removed and readded, but no temperature sensor channel showed up. All the same as bevor.

I have now idea whats the problem. Is it really supported in the actual binding?

BR
Uwe

Does the temperature show up if you connect to the Shelly-1 via a browser? My Temperature Sensor is on a UNI - so can’t confirm.

Hi Mark,

Yes and No;-)

I use the TempChannel as an binary sensor for GarageDoor open/closed. So no temp. shows up, but in the Shelly Android App the status of the garagedoor is correct and updates.
At the browser I have to verify, but I think it works. Never checked…

So the functionality is ok, but only in the shelly world.

I think the channels should appear in openhab regardless if the channel is connected or open. It think it’s only relevant, if the addon is installed, or I’m wrong?

BR
Uwe

Hi Uwe

As I mentioned I do not have a Shelly 1 with a temperature sensor. But from my understanding:

• You need to have a Shelly Temperature Add-on with a Temperature Probe

• Once the Addon and Temp Probe are connected the App (and Web Interface) should show the temperature. That is how it worked on my UNI with a Temperature sensor.

• If your Shelly already has THING defined in openHAB, that thing would have to be deleted and re-added to pick up the added channels.

I am toying with buying a Temperature addon for one on my Shelly 1 - but have not decided yet.

So I think your first step is to confirm that you are seeing the temperature etc on the Web Interface and App. The remove the THING and re-add.

I also think I recall seeing something about accessing the ?XML? on the Web Interface to see what is available - maybe look at the main Shelly Thread?

Hope that helps
Mark

HI Mark,

I did now a clean new installation of Openhab with the Standard Shelle binding 3.1.0 and NO channels regarding Shelly 1 emp-Add-On showed up.

So the problem is the binding or deeper.

Does anyone have a installation with the channels showing up?

BR
Uwe

Just checking… but have you confirmed that you can see the temperature when you access the Shelly via the web interface?

You could also check the JSON from the Shelly1 and see if you can see the Temperature being available there?

http://<Shelly IP>/settings
http://<Shelly IP>/status

Maybe this helps in some way:

Hi Mark_VG,

Long time reader, first time poster, so please bear with me…

I also have the Shelly 1 Add-on with a contact switch attached to it on the garage door. I’ve been following this thread for a while now and could not see any change in the /status page before.
I can now! (don’t know when this was updated, or if I missed it)
for Reference, I’m running the firmware 20210909-144114 at the moment.

Below my output for the switch status:

Door closed (Switch open) => "ext_switch":{"0":{"input":0}}
Door open (Switch closed) => "ext_switch":{"0":{"input":1}}

Full output of the /status page:

{"wifi_sta":{"connected":true,"ssid":"SECRET","ip":"192.168.xxx.xxx","rssi":-61},"cloud":{"enabled":true,"connected":true},"mqtt":{"connected":false},"time":"00:19","unixtime":1632781182,"serial":24,"has_update":false,"mac":"40F520XXXXXX","cfg_changed_cnt":0,"actions_stats":{"skipped":0},"ext_switch":{"0":{"input":0}},"relays":[{"ison":false,"has_timer":false,"timer_started":0,"timer_duration":0,"timer_remaining":0,"source":"timer"}],"meters":[{"power":0.00,"is_valid":true}],"inputs":[{"input":0,"event":"","event_cnt":0}],"ext_sensors":{},"ext_temperature":{},"ext_humidity":{},"update":{"status":"idle","has_update":false,"new_version":"20210909-144114/v1.11.4-DNSfix-ge6b2f6d","old_version":"20210909-144114/v1.11.4-DNSfix-ge6b2f6d"},"ram_total":50872,"ram_free":35536,"fs_size":233681,"fs_free":149596,"uptime":6431}

I hope this provides you the needed input?
Let me know if I can assist any further.

Best regards
Sven