Shelly 1 Add On -> Reed

Hi Mark_VG,

Long time reader, first time poster, so please bear with me…

I also have the Shelly 1 Add-on with a contact switch attached to it on the garage door. I’ve been following this thread for a while now and could not see any change in the /status page before.
I can now! (don’t know when this was updated, or if I missed it)
for Reference, I’m running the firmware 20210909-144114 at the moment.

Below my output for the switch status:

Door closed (Switch open) => "ext_switch":{"0":{"input":0}}
Door open (Switch closed) => "ext_switch":{"0":{"input":1}}

Full output of the /status page:

{"wifi_sta":{"connected":true,"ssid":"SECRET","ip":"192.168.xxx.xxx","rssi":-61},"cloud":{"enabled":true,"connected":true},"mqtt":{"connected":false},"time":"00:19","unixtime":1632781182,"serial":24,"has_update":false,"mac":"40F520XXXXXX","cfg_changed_cnt":0,"actions_stats":{"skipped":0},"ext_switch":{"0":{"input":0}},"relays":[{"ison":false,"has_timer":false,"timer_started":0,"timer_duration":0,"timer_remaining":0,"source":"timer"}],"meters":[{"power":0.00,"is_valid":true}],"inputs":[{"input":0,"event":"","event_cnt":0}],"ext_sensors":{},"ext_temperature":{},"ext_humidity":{},"update":{"status":"idle","has_update":false,"new_version":"20210909-144114/v1.11.4-DNSfix-ge6b2f6d","old_version":"20210909-144114/v1.11.4-DNSfix-ge6b2f6d"},"ram_total":50872,"ram_free":35536,"fs_size":233681,"fs_free":149596,"uptime":6431}

I hope this provides you the needed input?
Let me know if I can assist any further.

Best regards
Sven

Hi at all!

I’ve the same problem with the Shelly1 with Add-on for my garage door.
Do you have any idea to add a Channel in OH3 with the external switch input?

tanks!
Spiwi

Hello Mark,

how are you?

Just want to ask if I can support you about the Shelly 1 Add On issue?

Sven wrote the perfect answer to your question so i didnt respond any more.

Feel free to contact me if you need anything. I am CEO of a Software development company…

Best regards
Uwe

I Uwe. I do not have an issue - was offering some advise. Thanks for the offer.

@markus7017 Can you help here?

With the Shelly Addon it is possible to attach a reed contact in addition to temperature and humidity sensors. the Shelly then knows whether the contact is open or closed.

Would it be possible to extend the addon so that the reed contact (which is attached to the addon) can also be read out?

can i support you in any way?

PS: Thanks for the shelly binding! :wink:

The problem is clearly with the shelly binding and a missing channel.
The external sensors for temperature and humidity are also there.
The binding must be adjusted. All of the ideas outlined here that use the switch input are not convincing because you are practically forced to operate the Shelly with low voltage.

You should support a proposal with enough users that extends the binding to include the channel.

Nothing helps but wait :slight_smile:

Here I described how I solved it (in German only).

Shelly Openhab Garagentor Magnetschalter

But anyway, updating the binding by adding the external-switch channel would be the better solution.

Hi Peter, please be aware that - although technically possible - it is NOT!! recommended to run the Shelly with 230V and connect other voltages (12V, 24V, …) to the I/O Ports. In such cases, please attach an Eltako relais (or similar) in between.

https://www.shelly-support.eu/forum/index.php?thread/7550-achtung-installation-shelly1-im-mischbetrieb-netzspannung-und-selv-pelv/