Shelly battery powered devices don't come online after a OH3 restart

Every time I restart OH3 my Shelly battery powered devices stay in pending config mode. To get the shellybutton2 online I have to connect a external USB power supply and disable and enable again before it gets online. The shellydw2 I have to activate and then disable / enable Is there a solution for this ?

Which devices??
A friend of mine has a Shelly water sensor and a movement sensor and he restarted the service just now and they popped up back online.

You just have to wait for the next message they send to come back online. The battery powered devices are in deep sleep most of the time and OH cannot determine whether the device is still there after a reboot. Other bindings make other assumptions, but that is the way the Shelly binding handles it.

For the shellydw2 It should be enough to open the door/window to make it come online again. Works for me at least.

1 Like

I can report the same behaivour as @HenMus.

If I restart my OH3, my Shelly buttons do not reconnect again.

The thing states “Config Pending”.

Even if I push the button on the device it does not reconnect.

Then when I disable the thing and enable it again…

…the status goes to Initializing for an short moment.

When I push the button in that moment, the button thing becomes status Online.

My Buttons are battery powered all the time.

I would like to mention, that I have disabled the global Auto-CoIoT in the Shelly binding.

I have enabled the Auto-CoIoT for each device individualy in it’s thing setting.
My button devices have the Auto-CoIoT enabled, other Shelly devices (eg. 3EM) have it disabled.

Maybe the disabled global Auto-CoIoT is the reason some users see this startup behaivor and others do not?

I recommend to post your problem in this thread. This is where the developer of shelly binding answers questions.

1 Like

I did a new reboot and looked in the events.log and openhab.log and checked the entries related to button2.
I found in events.log the following lines.

First line of events.log
2022-10-26 20:41:48.541 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'hue:0220:1d920141a4:8' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2022-10-26 20:42:01.443 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellybutton2:98cdac1f984b' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
2022-10-26 20:42:01.618 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellybutton2:e8db84aa1cb9' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
2022-10-26 20:42:01.878 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellybutton2:e09806a8fb75' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING

2022-10-26 20:42:03.465 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellybutton2:98cdac1f984b' changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initializing or device in sleep mode.
2022-10-26 20:42:03.647 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellybutton2:e8db84aa1cb9' changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initializing or device in sleep mode.
2022-10-26 20:42:11.946 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellybutton2:e09806a8fb75' changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initializing or device in sleep mode.

In the openhab.log was nothing.
Is there a way to get the button2 alive without adding a external powersource?
Can I collect more logging to help?

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.