<channel-type id="sensorADC">
		<item-type>Number:ElectricPotential</item-type>
		<label>@text/channel-type.shelly.sensorADC.label</label>
		<description>@text/channel-type.shelly.sensorADC.description</description>
		<state readOnly="true" pattern="%.3f %unit%">
		</state>
	</channel-type>

Pattern is defined as “%.3f %unit%”

Thank you. Will try investigate why chart has gone back to being so full of fluctuations?

check events.log, you shouldn’t see updates with more than 3 digits

Not seeing any updates with more than 3 decimals.
But still nit sure why my charts have gome back to showing si many fluctuations.

Do yiu know what the setting was in the previous binding?

before it was “%.f %unit%”, which explained the long values with full precision

Hi, with OpenHab 3.4.M1 i try to add an Shelly 2.5 as Relay. Adding the Device work, however i not see the second Relay Output as an channel:

I try multiple Devices …

Is there a bug in the last verion?

Hi again, short info: I rollback to the 3.3 Release Version and everything is fine when i add new Shelly 2.5 Relay Devices. Looks like a Bug in the 3.4.M1 Binding.

please try latest gen2 build

Hey,

is there a way to recognize the physical Button on a Shelly Plug-S being pushed?

Background - I have a rule setup to switch on/off the plug. But I want to trun on/off the plug manually w/o the rule interfering. How do I do that?

I’m using the release version OH3.3. The Plug-S is connected using the CoIoT protocol.

Thanks!

I didn’t find a trigger for the button too.
Maybe you can change your rule to detect manual or automatic trigger for the switch…

Hi, i try to install the gen2 (org.openhab.binding.shelly-3.4.0-gen2.jar) binding manualy, however openhab dos not load the binding … ather bindings i can install using the addon folder. :thinking:

Hi @markus7017, as a very late follow-up to this. Removing all Shelly items from the rg.openhab.core.thing.Thing.json file solved the issue. The gen2 binding adopted and I was able to successfully add all of my devices back on. It also solved the issue of ghost things. Cannot thank you enough!

I have just tried to add a Pro2 (I already have a fully-functioning Plus 1 switch, the Gen2 binding is working). OpenHAB discovered the device and I was able to add it but it is not functioning. It’s status is ERROR:CONFIG.
If I reboot the device the following appears in the logs:

`2022-09-05
11:26:34.081 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ThingStatusInfoEvent  ] - Thing
'shelly:shellyunknown:30c6f78c0458' updated: UNKNOWN
(CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initializing or device in sleep mode.`

`2022-09-05
11:26:34.081 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing
'shelly:shellyunknown:30c6f78c0458' changed from INITIALIZING to
UNKNOWN (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initializing or device in sleep
mode.`

`2022-09-05
11:26:34.081 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ThingStatusInfoEvent  ] - Thing
'shelly:shellyunknown:30c6f78c0458' updated: OFFLINE
(CONFIGURATION_ERROR): IP address of the Shelly device is missing.`

`2022-09-05
11:26:34.082 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing
'shelly:shellyunknown:30c6f78c0458' changed from UNKNOWN
(CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initializing or device in sleep mode. to
OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): IP address of the Shelly device is
missing.`

DEBUG reveals the following:

2022-09-05 11:11:19.497 [DEBUG] [lly.internal.api1.Shelly1CoapHandler] - shelly1-e8db84d3e84d: CoIoT Message from /192.168.30.100:5683 (MID=3921): {"G":[[0,112,0],[0,118,0]]}
2022-09-05 11:11:19.498 [DEBUG] [lly.internal.api1.Shelly1CoapHandler] - shelly1-e8db84d3e84d: Serial 13825 was already processed, ignore update
2022-09-05 11:11:20.002 [DEBUG] [lly.internal.api1.Shelly1CoapHandler] - shelly1-8caab56e3964: CoIoT Message from /192.168.30.90:5683 (MID=24464): {"G":[[0,9103,2],[0,1101,1],[0,2101,1],[0,2102,""],[0,2103,0]]}
2022-09-05 11:11:20.003 [DEBUG] [lly.internal.api1.Shelly1CoapHandler] - shelly1-8caab56e3964: Serial 26371 was already processed, ignore update

Within the Thing definition it suggests it is an unknown Shelly device. A number of properties do show but there are of course no channels. I am not the first with this device?

read the READMEbeta

good job :slight_smile:

You show trace log of CoAP messages. This can’t be the correct IP, because Gen2 devices do not have CoAP, they use http-based WebSockets

“IP address of the Shelly device is missing”: Did you added the device manually? This indicates that the IP is not set in the thing config.

I updated the gen2 build - this is important, recommended for everyone using this gen2 build

• Fix memory leak - memory grows over time
  • Fix resource leak - http connection to the device was not disconnected when thing is suspended or device connection is lost (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
  • Things gets into COMMUNICATION_ERROR status if initial connect fails
  • some status messages fixed (parameters)

Gen1:

• Firmware version 0.12 is now processed correctly so it shows up in Shelly Manager

Gen2:

• Pro 1PM with 2nd hardware gen will be discovered correctly
  • Roller profiles, provide selection list with defined profiles, support the UP/DOWN profile id
  • Device reboot and firmware upgrades will be detected, thing recovers during the next status cycle (as usual). This also improves general recovery
  • ShellyManager: Update protocol message and error counts (statistics)
  • OTA events are forwarded to the channel (begin/progress/finish).
  • ShellyManager: Actions adjusted (not all available/deprecated for Gen2)
  • ShellyManager: Enable/Disable Cloud, Ethernet, Bluetooth
  • Shelly Manager: Protect Device, Firmware Upgrade to stable or beta version (no fw archive)

3.4.0-Gen2 build for Plus/Pro+Gen1 | 3.4.0-DEV Gen1 stable build
README | READMEbeta for more info on first installation
Avdanced Users - Shelly Manager - Bugs/Features - API Doc
Gen1: Firmware Index - Firmware Archive

Note: The DEV build is always newer than the version in the official Distro or the Milestone builds

2 Likes

I performed a scan to add device and OpenHAB discovered it. I can add it (tried again just now) but the status is now OFFLINE with that same note.

… right - this is what I did: I split the rule and introduced a virtual switch to trigger the action through “received command” on that virtual switch. Using the physical button is not changing the virtual switch state.

Does the device has a static IP / did you make sure that it always get the same IP assigned by the router (DHCP)?

Did another device used that IP before? If yes, you the to remove the definition from the JSON DB before adding the device again. Otherwise, OH will restore channels etc. from the previous device and mixing them with the channels, schick will be created by the new device.

Otherwise, I need a DEBUG log from the full initialization. It shows the discovered device with IP address etc., but if you see it in the Inbox this should have worked as expected.

Which device do you try to added?

Update to the latest build. I added some missing model ids for the latest Pro production time.
Use http://<device ip>/shelly to find the model id. Pro devices have up to 3 model IDs indicating, e.g.
SPSW-001PE16EU
SPSW-101PE16EU
SPSW-201PE16EU"
for different hardware revisions of the Pro 1PM

I‘m going to create the PR bringing Plus/Pro support into the official distro.

I there anything open, any issues you see?

4 Likes