Shelly Binding

sounds great, let me know as soon as it is ready to be tested.

I would like to test it, but I don’t know how.

Thx, tried it out, works fine!

1 Like

Someone knows if also the door/window 2 devices are affected? They are not updating its state anymore. But I can’t see any websocket configuration on the devices. My H&T plus devices, I was able to switch to mqtt, but I do not have any idea for a workaround for the door window 2 devices.

Hi, yesterday I upgraded from 3.4.4 to 4.1.
I removed the Shelly dev binding, upgraded openhab and added Shelly dev 4.1.0.202312111959
2 things are strange…
My motion sensors are going in “communication error” state after a short time of inactivity. Coming back to online if a motion is detected.
second thing: I have no settings of the Shelly binding. And I can’t manually add a Shelly thing. The Shelly binding isn’t “visible” in the openhab settings.
Luckily, my old data has been carried over.

Greets

You need to install COAP services.

In OH console

feature:install openhab-transport-coap

Everytime a clean cache is executed (e.g. during an OH update), remember to reinstall it.

I’ve read with tradfri binding it isn’t needed… :thinking:
I try it…
Thx and a happy new year to all

Edit: unchanged…

I‘m using the brightness channel of the dimmer as a switch and a dimmer item. Since upgrade from 3.4 to 4.1 the switch is also displayed with values: 0% when off and 1% when on.
How can I prevent the value of the switch from being displayed?

Hi all,
as the Shelly has built-in MQTT, if you have some troubles with Shelly binding, there is always an alternative which should be more robust against firmware upgrades.

In post below you can find a Thing code for MQTT. Example Shelly Plug Plus S Gen1 and Gen2.

Hey all,

as one of my HT’s (in the garden) will not more report the humidity, I have orded an Shelly1 plus with an
AddOn Modul and a DHT22 sensor for temperature and humidity.

When I try now to include the Shelly 1 plus it is not recordniced right in my OH4.1 system with all the latest offical shelly binding. See here the status from the shelly 1 plus with addon modul:

After a minute or so, I get the error:

Any idea, whats wrong?

When I remove from the shelly config, the DHT22 it looks normal:

So why I cannot add the shelly plus 1, when a DHT22 is added in the shelly web ui settings itself?

Hello again. Next problem to solve: :slightly_smiling_face:

I have a Shelly Button BLU.
On a Shelly Plus 1 the BLU Gateway is activated and therefore the Gateway-script installed and running.

If I push the button I get in the Logs on the Shelly Plus the entry “res.local_name undefined”.

shelly_bluetooth_rel:91 ADV b4:35:22:f5:2c:44: mfd={}, svc={"fcd2":"RAAmAWQ6AQ=="}

res.local_name undefined

Does anyone know this behaviour?

Shelly binding does not appear in the list of my installed bindings (MainUI - settings -Add-on Settings). This means I cannot configure the binding anymore (set user, pw, etc.).
Does anyody else has this problem?

yes. I deinstalled dev binding and installed from Addon-store… Now its there…

Yeah, I just saw the release notes. Good to know in advance that moving from dev binding to release binding will resolve the issue.
Thanks!

which firmware and binding are you running?

Shelly BLU Button 1 SBBT-002C: Fw Version 1.0.8
Shelly Plus 1: Fw Version 1.0.3
Binding 4.1.0

Edit: Solved.
Seems to be a problem of Shelly Plus Fw:
Updated Plus1 to newest 1.1.0 and now it is working.

am I the only one, where the door/window 2 sensor is not working anymore. I am now on openHAB 4.1.1 with release binding version 4.1.1. Now my HT Plus devices are working again, that’s great, thanks for that, but my window sensors are still not working.

Someone has an idea, how to fix this? MQTT is not an option here, because this will disable the cloud control of the devices.

No, the format has changed and the script getting installed by the binding rrequires 1.10+

1 Like

what does that mean? Please provide more details and a DEBUG log
Make sure the device has the latest firmware

Please provide a DEBUG log showing the complete initialization for the device