Shelly Binding

check the updated build

Was a bit let down. The window sensor seems to be cool, but I’m not sure about the ZWave line

I fear they try to get kind of a jack of all trades.
And I keep rooting for Matter and even more Thread.

I also like the window sensor but unfortunately 35mm is just too big for my windows (many windows?) to fit in the gap

Thanks Markus, its reporting now what I expect :+1:

I uploaded a new build

• includes the fix for totalKWH (@ollo did you also checked device#accumulatedKWH?)
  • Support for Mini 1, 1PM and M
  • Support for Pro 3EM Add-On
  • Some improvements for Shelly BLU support
  • Do not create meter channel for Pro 2

Please help testing/hardening

3.4.5-DEV Gen1/Plus/Pro | 4.0.0-DEV Gen1/Plus/Pro | README | READMEbeta
Avdanced Users - Shelly Manager - Bugs/Features - API Doc | Firmware Index - Firmware Archive

Note: The DEV build is always newer than the version in the official Distro or Milestone builds

1 Like

Hi Markus,

I checked device#accumulatedKWH with your latest DEV build. Not clear what the intention of that channel is, don’t find any reference to it in the API doc. Yet I think something is wrong as on my Plus1PM it shows the same values as on channel meter#currentWatts. By the name I’d expect it must be changed to UoM type Number:Energy and follow channel meter#totalKWH, no?

You need to switch to DEV build 3.4.5 and press the button below the charger socket to make the device visible (mDNS discovery will be deactivated after 1 minute)

3.4.5-DEV Gen1/Plus/Pro | 4.0.0-DEV Gen1/Plus/Pro | README | READMEbeta
Avdanced Users - Shelly Manager - Bugs/Features - API Doc | Firmware Index - Firmware Archive

Note: The DEV build is always newer than the version in the official Distro or Milestone builds

you have
accumulatedWatts, which aggregates power (currentWatt, Number:Power) of all meters (for devices with more than 1 relay) and
accumulatedTotal, which indicates the aggregated usage for all meters in kw/h (number:Energy)

One Question, Markus, do you intent to support the Wall-Switches at some time? like Shelly Wall Switch 4 - white - Alle Produkte - Produkte - Shelly

I looked through the thread and the forum but can’t find something towards these devices.

The Wall Switch is based on Shelly Plus i4, which is already supported, The rest is just the cover and the buttons

1 Like

In use over here and working fine like @markus7017 described.

3 Likes

With the DEV build 3.4.5 on OH 4.0.0 it doesn’t work. Meanwhile, I figured out, that the “out of the box”-binding (not DEV build) already had set the devicetype to “shellymotion2”. The status on the model-page had to much delay so I searched at the wrong place. I had made a mistake in the rule (the trigger on the motion-channel has to be “change state to ON” instead of “receive command ON”). Now it works :grinning:

But there is no channel for the vibration-sensor. The OH-logfile says:

[WARN ] [.core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Failed to normalize configuration for new thing during update ‘shelly:shellymotion:8cf681e99ed8’: {thing/channel=Type description shelly:vibration for shelly:shellymotion:8cf681e99ed8:sensors#vibration not found, although we checked the presence before.}
[
]
21:49:04.316 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent ] - shelly:shellymotion:8cf681e99ed8:device#alarm triggered VIBRATION
[INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateUpdatedEvent ] - Item ‘shellymotion2flur1_movement’ updated to ON
[INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘shellymotion2flur1_movement’ changed from OFF to ON

I don’t need the vibration-sensor at the moment, but maybe it will be fixed anyway.

Thanks!

ok, will check

try the updated DEV build
delete thing and re-discover

Is there a way to delete and rediscover programmaticly? I have a particular Naming scheme where this process is
 Nerve-wrackingly time-consuming.

How you have configured you HT’s sensor, so that they were not seen in OH as offine?
So fare the HT’s are USB Power connected. So they wake up, and report to the Shelly continually all 10 min the e.g. temperature. So far everything fine. But it seems, that my OH 3.4.4 do not get all 10 min the updates from the HT’s.
So they are sometimes shown als Offline link here:

The settings in binding for them look like that:

Here is the screenshot that they are online in pricipale.

The HT’s itself have the latest firmware, and report all the time to the cshelly cloud.

See here:

The binding has all the settings, I hope

HT’s are password proteted and the password it set in the binding for them and in principal

So, any idea, what they were shown as offline in OH?

Thanks

Since updating to the a recent SNAPSHOT (Build #3528) which is just after 4.0.0.M4 I am seeing weird behavior with my Shelly EM.

The “Total Energy Consumption” value is toggling between a correct value and a very incorrect value.

Total Energy

The only thing that has changed recently is that I updated to the new SNAPSHOT.

258 │ Active │  80 │ 4.0.0.202307060404     │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Shelly Binding Gen1+2

I have removed the TING and re-added, but not sure what else I could look at?

Thanks
Mark

i realized the same with a shelly plug. dont know if this helped at the end but after i rebooted the shelly plug the behaviour was normal again.

Tried that with no luck. Trying to install the latest DEV binding now.

Installing the latest DEV build seems to have fixed the issue. Now I need to try and cleanup the incorrect values from INFLUX

Normally OH stores the channel/item linkage when rediscovery a thing