Shelly Binding

Did you included the H&T when it was awake (button pressed). Enable DEBUG log and check if the binding receives the updates, which also restarts the recovery timer (the binding monitors if it receives device activity within a certain timeframe, otherwise thing goes into COMM ERROR and recovery starts)

check the latest DEV build, I did some fixing there incl. fixing channel definition, which is more strict since UOM updates

3.4.5-DEV Gen1/Plus/Pro | 4.0.0-DEV Gen1/Plus/Pro | README | READMEbeta
Avdanced Users - Shelly Manager - Bugs/Features - API Doc | Firmware Index - Firmware Archive

Note: The DEV build is always newer than the version in the official Distro or Milestone builds

It would help if more people support testing the DEV build, @igi ist most times the only one helping on hardening new versions. The community approach is based on many people contributing - some with code, some with doc or spending some time on testing, everyone could help :wink:

5 Likes

the binding uses shellyā€™s device name for thing names. You better do that first before deleting things in case naming conventions are important to ou.

where is the thing name relevant?

In my case all things have the same syntax
bindingName_deviceModelName_room_function
I am checking if things go into offline mode and display their thing name in MainUI.
And you have a better overview on your things for maintenance stuff.

I installed a clean OH4 and did all settings for my shelly 3EM & UNI. Everything works, besides I get updates of the channels every second (or more), although itā€™s setup every 60seconds. Already tried to change the values, disabled/enabled Thing, restart OHā€¦
In my OH3.x setup, the update interval is set to 300, and this is working fine.

Hi!

Iā€™ve been using OH 2.5 with Shelly-binding for some years. Because some of my devices died due to overvoltage, I had to buy some new Plus devices. This forced me to switch to OH 3. Plus 1PM and Plus 2PM do work fine with version 3.4.4.

As the Plus PlugS is not yet supported, I tried to install Shelly-Binding 3.4.5 following https://github.com/markus7017/myfiles/blob/master/shelly/READMEbeta.md. When I try to start openhab-cli console, I cannot login. Neither with user openhab, password habopen, nor with my admin account. Any Ideas?

Thanks Uli

There is a java process listening on port 8101 ?

sudo netstat -tulpn | grep 8101

Is the content of the file /var/lib/openhab/etc/users.properties correct ?

egrep -v "^#" users.properties 

returns the encrypted password and user group definition:

openhab = {CRYPT}4F61A0FD056BC0FD8231899EC4D9F9CA06AF0DEC895B2A3B0773F6FBC1C99776{CRYPT},_g_:admingroup
_g_\:admingroup = group,admin,manager,viewer,systembundles

Are we talking about log messages?
Please post a chunk of the log

did you checked the doc for advanced users to do log filtering?

try to set the password with openhabian-config

Thanks a lot for your help!

• Java is listening at port 8101

• In /var/lib/openhab/etc are a lot of .properties but no users.properties

• Iā€™m working on a Ubuntu-PC and installed via apt-get, there is no openhabian

Uli

Itā€™s not the log messages that I want to be ignored, but I want that the Shelly device one reports every 5 minutes.
The option below is for this case, no? I use it like that on my OH 3.x setup and my items are only updates once per 5 minutes.

If Coap or WebSocket is enabled the device send updates by itself, you canā€˜t control the interval. Iā€˜ll implement a jitter in the binding to control interval for meter updates, but first get ready for 4.0 release

Strange, because my setup is exactly the same as in my OH3.x setup. Iā€™ll check the coap settings.

Set Coap to Peer Mode (using device UI or Shelly Manager), activate DEBUG mode and post a log extract showing 3 of those update sequences, the. I could see if those are device driven and we need some type of ā€žrelaxingā€œ or related to binding logic/a bug

WE ARE MOVING TO 4.0 FINAL

Iā€˜ll submit today the last PR fixing some bugs. please help testing.the death release includes already told changes, but I want to make sure to make it as good as possible.:upside_down_face: additional bucks being thrown next week went into a hotfix PR before 4.0 is closed but that depends on availability of a reviewer. @Kai and the maintainer team are doing a great job to bring 4.0 to the road (many kudos to them) , so letā€™s help them by providing status findings and thatā€™s where you come in.

PLEASE HELP TESTING - TODAY/asap
it would be highly appreciate it if you find some time to do testing across all devices.this should include discovering a device, checking channels to be created properly, and of course functional tests including channel creation, device, actions, metering, results, wake up of battery devices.:white_check_mark:

anyone in this community could contributeā€‹:pray:. Some of us are coding, some of us testing, some of us, creating or validating documentation. :face_with_monocle:The rule shouldnā€™t be to consume only and donā€™t contribute. I have to say that there was a lack of willingness to test during the last months.:cold_sweat: Of course, we are all busy, but thatā€™s the only chance to make sure that the binding functions as good as possible. So please spend some time :pray::pray::pray: and all of us will enjoy a great stability and enjoy great functionality and stability based on joint efforts. :airplane::partying_face::star_struck:

Have a nice weekend and happy testingšŸø.
PS: there is always a list after the next onešŸ˜œ

ā€”

Avdanced Users - Shelly Manager - Bugs/Features - API Doc | Firmware Index - Firmware Archive

ā€”

Note: The DEV build is always newer than the version in the official Distro or Milestone builds

2 Likes

If you are wondering why Shelly PlugS is currently not available in the online shop:

1 Like

Cheers. Unfortunately Iā€™m unable to add my Shelly Plug Plug S (latest firmware installed) to openHAB. Iā€™m running openHAB 3.4.4 and the Shelly binding is able to find the device ā€˜shelly:shellyunknown:XXX". Nevertheless the status is ā€˜OFFLINEā€™ and ā€™ CONFIGURATION_ERROR IP address of the Shelly device is missing.ā€™. I already deleted the Shelly binding and added it via the openHAB Distribution. What am I doing wrong?

Have a great weekend!

No idea, OkugS is supported since a long time.

May try switching to DEV build

fyi: I solved the problem with Plus/Pro (Gen2) when Auth is enabled and firmware 1.0beta is used. @igi and me will do some more testing.

If you upgrade a device to 1.0beta 5 or 6 with Auth enabled and the thing doesnā€™t come up, downgrade to the latest 0.14 stable and it should work.

1 Like