Shelly Binding

No, this is not yet merged to the 2.5.x distro nor 3.0. I’m pretty sure that this will not go into 2.5.x, because this 2.5.x. will only receive cherry picked fixes, everything else will only go into 3.0. I didn’t had the time to create another PR for 3.0, but it’s on the list

@markus7017 I do not plan to migrate to 3.0 soon - maybe mid 2021. So I plan to live with this test build of the shelly binding .

No worries, I’ll continue to provide 2.5.x updates

Hi,
my shelly binding (DEV) is not visible on binding list in UI.

openHAB version: 3.0.0.M2-docker
Shelly binding version: 3.0.0.202010031637

I’ve instaled it as per instruction:

• OH container stop
  • cleared cache and tmp
  • californium-core-2.0.0.jar and element-connector-2.0.0.jar copied into addons folder
  • OH container start
  • waiting when OH is fully started
  • org.openhab.binding.shelly-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar into addons folder

Even if I see shelly binding on the list in karaf console:
253 x Active x 80 x 3.0.0.202010031637 x org.openhab.binding.shelly

Binding is not visible in UI
obraz

BTW how to switch on TRACE logging in OH3? Is it enough to add below code to log4j2.xml?
<Logger level="DEBUG" name="org.openhab.binding.shelly"/>

you should use the OH console to set logging, it’s not in the xml file

check openhab.log for any errors

in openhab.log I see:

2020-11-16 21:09:50.304 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.shelly-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.shelly [208]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.apache.commons.lang.time

Issue opened:Issue 9078

Thank you!

Hi Markus,

thanks for your great binding! Unfortunately I do have an issue where I seem to be stuck. I already operate a few Shelly 2.5 and used your binding for quite a while. Unfortunately I bouth some additional Shelly 2.5’s this week and tried to integrate them with the binding.

The auto discovery works flawless, but I am somehow not able to trigger any commands to the devices. I initially updated them to 1.8.3 and then read a few of the comments regarding problems with the latest shelly version. So I downgraded both of them to v1.7.0. Unfortunately it still does not work to control them via openhab.

For the reference: I have the openhab & the binding in version 2.5.10 installed.

Do you have any idea why every other shelly works, excepted for the two newly bought ones?

Thanks in advance
Fabi

Hi,

I have been using the Shelly binding with about a dozen Shelly 2.5 for quite a while now. I just added a Shelly i3 to one of my switches which is controlling a few Hue bulbs.

The problem I have is that it looks like whenever I don’t use the i3 (the physical switches attached to it) for a longer period of time, the first time I press one of the switches, the data in openHAB is received with a pretty long delay of somewhere around 30-40 seconds. Afterwards the rules (…triggered SHORT_PRESSED) get called pretty much right away.

Is there some kind of sleep mode on the i3 that I don’t know of? Does anyone know what to do about that? It’s really frustrating that the lights get turned on/off with a long delay.

Actually, more testing, and it looks like the i3 is pretty inconsistent in regards to when I actually get a trigger… I just had to reboot the i3 because I didn’t get any data in openHAB anymore. Not sure what’s going on.

I added support for the UNI - working in general, but it seems that the CoAP updates are only coming once (need to check)

Latest DEV build: 2.5.11README - Installation - Firmware Index - Firmware Archive - API Doc

Hi markus,

I wanted to download your latest version, but the link does not work. It only shows a github 404 page.

you are right, fixed: https://github.com/markus7017/myfiles/blob/master/shelly/org.openhab.binding.shelly-2.5.11-SNAPSHOT.jar?raw=true

Shelly starting firmware 1.9.0 from Nov 25 for DW2 sensor. It should improve battery life :grin:

My question: possible problems with the 2.5.10 binding? Any experience @markus7017?

Thx,
Huaba

I had to switch to MQTT instead of using the binding for my Shelly i3. Often the trigger comes with quite some delay… When using MQTT; I get the information that a button has been pushed instantly. Does anyone have an idea why that is?

My Shelly 2.5 for my shutters don’t seem to have that same issue, or rather the binding does not have an issue with those.

Hi I just got my first shelly device a shelly uni,
How do I connect it via mqtt to openhab ?

Hello!

since i updated my shellys to the new firmware (firmware 1.9.0) i have problems with the shellys 2.5 (relay).

so far everything works, if i switch the shelly’s over openhab.
But if I switch via shelly-app or via the physical wall switch the light goes on but does not get a status delivered to openhab.

i use the last dev-binding 2.5.11.

@markus7017 , can you help me?

what about shelly 1L? how do i can add it?

I did a quick check with 1.9 final and 2.5: works as expected
Make sure Auto-CoIoT is enabled in the binding config
You should get instant updates when using a physical switch or the App
Otherwise I need a DEBUG log

When you link the heartBeat channel you should see an update to the timestamp every 15sec. This is an indicator that the recurring device updates are coming / CoAP is working. If this updates only once a minute CoAP is not working and the binding is polling.

Use binding version 2.5.11-SNAPSHOT

1L is not yet supported, I’m waiting on a QA sample
Please open the following URLs in the browser and post the result here:
<shelly ip>/shelly
<shelly ip>/settings
<shelly ip>/status

That should provide the information I need to add support.