[SOLVED] Configuration Parameters menu missing from Z-wave device in HABmin - Remotec ZTS-500

Don’t worry, all good.

1 Like

I definitely saw @Bruce_Osborne’s advice about upgrading both OH and the binding versions (and indeed marked it as the solution, since the older binding was the root cause).

But as a general rule of thumb, when troubleshooting I try to make only one change at a time. This allows me to test each change to find the root cause of the issue. If I make multiple changes before testing, then I can’t determine what solved my problem. It helps to understand the root cause so I am better informed on how to solve future problems, and may help someone else on this forum if they encounter a similar issue. I’ve lurked on this forum for months before making my first post (this thread!), and the solutions posted by my fellow openhabians have been invaluable in getting my system up and running.

So I chose to separate it out into two steps:

1. Update the Z-wave binding, and if that didn’t work,
  2. Update OpenHAB.

I chose to update the binding first because it was the least dramatic change to the system and easiest to revert in case it broke something (of course, I followed common practice and backed up EVERYTHING before making changes :wink:

Updating OH would be my second, but less desirable option, for the reasons that @Andrew_Rowe stated, namely being some update in OH would break something I currently have working.